ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Retirement party for a colleague. Kolaches, breakfast tacos, doughnuts, etc.

I'm playing cookie monster again. Life is good. :sunglasses:

18056630_10211978635641812_8693384699483250758_n.jpg

• Good Morning, Old & New D-Leagueans.
  • 57º in Johns Creek. Sun's out. No clouds. Nice day coming.
  • 1st mug of Dark Magic going. Good.
  • Ready for Tom Leach.
  • Lola is more lively today. Something she does not need to be. We have some sedatives to keep her on the quiet side. No collar yet. I don't think we are going to have to have one. She woke up when I came in last night. She barked. I didn't want her to get upset so I let her out for a few minutes. We loved and I put her back and she was fine.
  • That 1992 team was something else. There were some tears when Laetner made that shot.
  • The new regular posters have been good for the thread. Keep posting, guys.
  • I watched The Fighting Sullivans last night. Had not seen it in a long time. That was a sad situation. I couldn't stop watching it. It was a true story. A family in WWII lost 5 sons at Guadalcanal in the Pacific.
  • That is all. Take care. Have a nice hump day.
I assume that was the older one..........not sure if there is a newer one. Thomas Mitchell the father?

You bet. Hopefully when Austin comes back in town this summer we can get the group together again. We really had a good time. Of course that does not preempt other times for you Jedwar.
Sounds good. I'd love to join in. All depends on kids/vacation/kids etc etc etc. They keep me hopping. But all of them driving now so that helps.

Took a while to catch up. Now it's time to leave again.

No yard work for today except for taking the trash out this evening.

Been watching the Cats for over 50 years. Can't find the time to fret over each and every little tidbit of information there is to find. Regardless of who stays and who goes I'll be watching every game expecting a win. Nearly 8 times out of 10 in my life I've got what I wanted. Those other 2 times are just the tax we pay for the pleasure. The world will not end if we are a top 20 team next year and not a top 5. First world problems and what not.

Took a while to catch up. Now it's time to leave again.

No yard work for today except for taking the trash out this evening.

Been watching the Cats for over 50 years. Can't find the time to fret over each and every little tidbit of information there is to find. Regardless of who stays and who goes I'll be watching every game expecting a win. Nearly 8 times out of 10 in my life I've got what I wanted. Those other 2 times are just the tax we pay for the pleasure. The world will not end if we are a top 20 team next year and not a top 5. First world problems and what not.
yep

don't get the argument that these players owe us, either
On Diallo - if he comes back, great - but us taking him, even if he does go pro, meant no one else got him
The rest - hate to see them go, but glad they were here

After Laetner hit that shot, I pitched a TV out a second floor window at Clay Kaserne, Garlstedt, Germany. Thankfully nobody walked by during that moment.
I was in the basement watching by myself. After Sean Woods made his shot I yelled up to QB that we had upset Duke if they didn't get a miracle. 1.8 seconds left. Don't foul. They got the miracle. To make it worse it was Cawood's final broadcast. I shed some tears. Just couldn't help it.

Starting at the box of Starbucks (nice btw) you have that pink box which is tacos I think, then 2 dozen Krispie's, then 3 white boxes I assume have donuts or pastries in them, then a clear box of glazed donuts, another dozen flat box of glazed, some other stuff, then 2 dozen more glazed. My rough estimate based on this picture is 84 DONUTS!!!!!

10 people? 8.4 donuts per person!! That's a good ass day. Nap time.

JED, I know that you like the old westerns. The above is the cast of Law And Order, a 1953 Ronald Reagan western. I watched this the other week and noticed several actors in the support cast that had nice movie careers.
Yep I have watched it on The Western channel. Very good movie with a really good cast. Nice catch Don. I think I still have this on my DVR. May fire it up tonight.

Starting at the box of Starbucks (nice btw) you have that pink box which is tacos I think, then 2 dozen Krispie's, then 3 white boxes I assume have donuts or pastries in them, then a clear box of glazed donuts, another dozen flat box of glazed, some other stuff, then 2 dozen more glazed. My rough estimate based on this picture is 84 DONUTS!!!!!

10 people? 8.4 donuts per person!! That's a good ass day. Nap time.
[laughing]

There were another 2 dozen doughnuts + sundry other pastries not in the picture. I damn near went into sugar shock.

What do you guys think of this idea. Donut cake!!! Take glazed donuts and stack em up in a cake pan, then compress them down so it's formed together. Then maybe soak it with more glaze, refrigerate it over night. Maybe top with some sort of icing and voila. Genius. Donut birthday cake.

*** Google beat me again. Apparently I'm not the only genius***

doughnut-cake-6.jpg

What do you guys think of this idea. Donut cake!!! Take glazed donuts and stack em up in a cake pan, then compress them down so it's formed together. Then maybe soak it with more glaze, refrigerate it over night. Maybe top with some sort of icing and voila. Genius. Donut birthday cake.

doughnut-cake-6.jpg
[laughing]

I'd seriously OD on that.

doughnut-cake-6.jpg
That would be dandy.

doughnut-cake-6.jpg
Mash your internal organs are going to go on strike and you goin' be in big trouble!

Pressure washed part of the deck and stairs for the little guest room. My butt is whupped. More pressure washing for tomorrow or the day after. Got to get ready for another coat of deck stain stuff.

It was simply a wonderful day here in Smiths Grove. I don't think there was a cloud in the sky except the ones that I made with the pressure washer.

Mash, I am worried about you pancreas. I will be praying for you.

yep

don't get the argument that these players owe us, either
On Diallo - if he comes back, great - but us taking him, even if he does go pro, meant no one else got him
The rest - hate to see them go, but glad they were here
What would they owe us for?

I doubt if Diallo comes back. We'll still count him as an ex-cat though.

I hate to see them go as well, but, I remember several players over the years that I couldn't wait to see leave. Haven't had any of that with Cal.

What would they owe us for?

I doubt if Diallo comes back. We'll still count him as an ex-cat though.

I hate to see them go as well, but, I remember several players over the years that I couldn't wait to see leave. Haven't had any of that with Cal.
some feel that these guys should play, if they got to use the facilities
Cal is catching a lot of flack for allowing this too - and his players first philosophy. It has been said that he's here to win games and NCs, not get guys to the NBA as fast as he can

I disagree with Diallo - if he doesn't play, he's not an ex -cat. I hold him no ill will, and wish him the best, but he didn't suit up. Not the same with Kanter, that wasn't his doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT