ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

31395f10085443235775acf6240a23ea.jpg

This is the side of OAD that I don't like.
I don't care for it either
but have to ask myself - if it were MY son, what would I want for him? The argument about getting an education is kind of a silly one. These players can make so much more than your average college graduate, even if going overseas, and can always come back to school over summers, or do online courses.
OTOH, the ones leaving who are not ready - and don't have a chance. We do treat them as if they're failures, almost, if they're not these spectacular players in the first or second year. If you've read message boards, twitter, etc - the way the players are talked about if they're not Wall or Davis is ridiculous. Why wouldn't they want to go and prove they're close to being those guys?

The cone is to keep them from reopening the wound which would open it to infection. We got a inflatable neck collar for the German Shepherd when he had ACL surgery and it kept him from getting to it and allows way more freedom of movement than a plastic cone, after a few minutes he didn't even notice.

62499_MAIN._AC_SY400_V1447776437_.jpg

Lola is home. The incision is about one inch. Poor little thing. They want her to wear a cone for a few days. Isn't it a natural thing for dogs to lick a wound? None of our other dogs had to wear one. No infection no problems. What do you recommend?
we had Charlie fixed almost a month ago - vet said a cone wasn't needed - his incision was larger than an inch, easisly
are her stitches dissolvable ones?

The cone is to keep them from reopening the wound which would open it to infection. We got a inflatable neck collar for the German Shepherd when he had ACL surgery and it kept him from getting to it and allows way more freedom of movement than a plastic cone, after a few minutes he didn't even notice.

62499_MAIN._AC_SY400_V1447776437_.jpg
that's pretty cool - have never seen one for dogs; it makes sense though
Don's pup is tiny though - only about 6 lb...

A little Buckethead :sunglasses:
dogwithecollar.jpg

Depends on the animal, some don't care, some freak.Try it first at least till it scabs and the anesthesia wears off. Then remove when she starts wanting to play and watch, a little licking won't hurt, it's natural, distract with play, clean AROUND the wound gently with peroxide. She'll heal fast. Either type will work. User preference.

hmmm, wish I had known about that before Charlie had his surgery (he's a Jack Russell mix)
Don - this looks to be much better than a cone for Lola

Buddy actually got used to it and now I've got to put it on every night for sleep or he'll have a fit. I bet Charlie was a mess with that cone, those little guys(JRs) are as persistent as it gets.

In the cone he was basically snapping at the air and growling at it.o_O

Buddy actually got used to it and now I've got to put it on every night for sleep or he'll have a fit. I bet Charlie was a mess with that cone, those little guys(JRs) are as persistent as it gets.

In the cone he was basically snapping at the air and growling at it.o_O
[laughing] at Buddy - that's awesome

yeah, we had some issues - and yes, he's a persistent little chit and too smart for his own good. But he's healed up nicely and seems to be doing fine now. Although, we get these looks sometimes like "what did you do to me, and why?"

feel kinda guilty

Lola and I say there sure are a lot of rules.
Lola's Rules
  1. Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets.
  2. See rule number 1.
I'm not confused. Sandy (my social director) has made this perfectly clear that my house is not a kingdom and the pack leader is the "Torch Bringer". Even if she's a whopping 9 inches at the withers weighing in at 11.25 lbs.

I am done for the day. Front yard is looking quite spiffy if I say so myself. Need to paint the shutters. I've never done that but it must suck. Old dude at the golf course laughed when I told him I was going to and told me to just buy new shutters.

I've sprayed them with the pressure washer and knocked off the loose paint. I'll spray them with some Kilz and then whatever color she wants.

Trimmed all the bushes, hedges, and shrubs today. I love electric tools.

I did the dishes from the weekend as well. Two people can sure dirty up a bunch of dishes when one of them doesn't have to worry about washing them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT