ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Mom and Dad had one of those as a loaner while the chevette was in the shop. I thought it was the coolest. I didn't know.

I DIDN'T KNOW.
[laughing]

Chevette. Fond memories. I worked on those cars as a mechanics helper in FL back in 1980 after flunking out leaving UK. Major issue back then was the evaporator screens for the AC systems.

The period from 1973-1977, with a few exceptions, was out right bizarre from an automotive standpoint. Pacers, Gremlins, ect. Chrysler still built tanks, and passed them off as cars. Ford and GM were not much better.

I owned one of these tanks for about 7 years.

25067620001_large.jpg

Who that is?
Babe "Magnolia Mouth" McCarthy. Old school. 4-6 against Coach Rupp when he coached the Rebels. He coached the Colonels for a bit before Hubie Brown. And Hubie Brown is the commentator for this game (Spurs vs Grizzlies) that we're watching tonight. One of the Harrison twins plays for Memphis.

Babe "Magnolia Mouth" McCarthy. Old school. 4-6 against Coach Rupp when he coached the Rebels. He coached the Colonels for a bit before Hubie Brown. And Hubie Brown is the commentator for this game (Spurs vs Grizzlies) that we're watching tonight. One of the Harrison twins plays for Memphis.
Babe coached at Mississippi State. He coached Bailey Howell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT