ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Never had one of these but had a friend in high school that did. Ugliest car ever made in America?

3729170001_large.jpg
Worse than the Family Truckster?

f15192eca057a412558f7c26fd0e4e53.jpg

GREAT JOB!! GREAT EFFORT!

Man it's strawberry shortcake weather up here. Bout 80, 7mph north easterly breeze (idk sounds good tho don't it...), humidity 27.5%. Living the life, just need some strawberry shortcake.

Did yard work for the grandparents. They crack me up. Took the dog with me, they like her.

No bs, I like old people for a few reasons: they're nicer than young folks by a lot. There are probably many reasons for that. Also, they're simple. They dgaf what everybody else is doing, or what trend they're supposed to follow. They dgaf. Life is simple when you get down to it. They're funny as heck. The art of storytelling is real. I sure don't have it, but I have older family members that do, and it's a joy just listening to them. Finally, they know a shit ton more than I do. I can google my lil heart out, but google can't give me wisdom and stuff.

Got no damn ice cream. Sigh.
So enjoyable to read this, Mash. I consider it your post of the year thus far.

We used to visit Paw Paw and Maw Maw, my daddy's parents. They were as poor as church-mice. Poor things. There was nothing for me to do when we visited. No toys, dirt road, nothing but pigs and cows. Maw Maw had a vase that sat over the mantle, and she kept buttons and pencils in it, and she would let me play with that stuff. She would always make some tea cakes for me and my little sister. You could actually see chickens under the house through the cracks between the floor boards. She always fed us well. Wood-burning stove. Water from a well. Ice Box. No electricity. I never heard either one of them utter a cussword. Went to church every Sunday. A long time ago.

I can understand someone designing these cars, there was no such thing a drug testing at that time, but someone in charge had to give the OK. And the paint? Must have been an explosion at the paint factory and they paid car companies to dispose of the resulting mess.

Man, from an automotive perspective, 70s in the USA was one odd f*cking era.

Bob Hope, when talking about changing sponsors for his specials: "I always said nothing could drag me away from Chrysler, but nobody said anything about Pintos, Mavericks and Mustangs". Ha, Ha, Mustang II was another nightmare.
The Mustang II actually pissed me off. Remember when they slapped the Cobra sticker on some of them? had 115 horsepower and a 85mph speedometer.

We used to visit Paw Paw and Maw Maw, my daddy's parents. They were as poor as church-mice. Poor things. There was nothing for me to do when we visited. No toys, dirt road, nothing but pigs and cows. Maw Maw had a vase that sat over the mantle, and she kept buttons and pencils in it, and she would let me play with that stuff. She would always make some tea cakes for me and my little sister. You could actually see chickens under the house through the cracks between the floor boards. She always fed us well. Wood-burning stove. Water from a well. Ice Box. No electricity. I never heard either one of them utter a cussword. Went to church every Sunday. A long time ago.
Excellent! You obviously have fond memories of your grandparents.

Man, from an automotive perspective, 70s in the USA was one odd f*cking era.

Bob Hope, when talking about changing sponsors for his specials: "I always said nothing could drag me away from Chrysler, but nobody said anything about Pintos, Mavericks and Mustangs". Ha, Ha, Mustang II was another nightmare.
The beginning of the catalytic converters in the mid-70's. Killed the American car industry.

I love my grandparents. Love spending time with the anytime I can. I

n 2011 when i was doing door to door sales. (Lawn care) I knocked on this older couples door. It was real close to tip off when we played Princeton. I had a UK hat on. The older gentlemen that answered the door said well son you must be a ky fan. I said one of the biggest. He said well the game is about to come on why don't you come on in and watch it. I said you dont need to do that. He insisted and I said sure. Long story short I watched it with him and his wife. They offered me sweet tea and food. I told them due to their kindness I wasn't worried about making a sale. They told me I was to nice to not buy something. I cut them a good deal for letting me into their house and being so nice.

Older people rock. That's all I'm saying.
Yes, awesome!

Good car talk. THIS beast is the only other make my Plymouth 318 couldn't handle:

imageshandler.ashx

I'd love to have one of those today. My old Belvedere was a bored-out ridgerunner that ate Camaros and Mustangs for breakfast. Only came up short going against sheer size and horsepower!
Bad-ass cars in the day.

I nearly purchased a new 1980 442 Olds Cutlass with Hurst shifter (auto). Decided to keep my Datsun, avoid more debt, and then join the Army after flunking out of school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT