ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

55747087-770-0@2X.jpg

• Good Morning, Wildcats.
  • 55º in sunny Johns Creek. This is more like it. Hands not numb.
  • Cuteness is close by. She loves it outside.
  • We were about to go in and eat when we heard about JFK getting shot and that he was dead. An awful weekend. I was watching the police moving Oswald when Jack Ruby killed him in the basement of the Dallas Police Department.
  • 1963 was the year when QB and I got married. I was 19 and QB was 18. Our daughter was born in 1965. A son was born in 1967. Good Lord time flies. I will be 74 this year. Dad died when he was 73.
  • Repair carpentry awaits. I could use 55's skills today. I have gone through it in my mind and have a plan.
  • Think I will get the GMC washed this morning before I get my breakfast sandwich.
  • Need to fill the bird-feeders today.
  • Plan to sit on my azz a lot.
  • Hope all y'all have a wonderful day of rest.
  • As you were.

I was working on an assembly line in Fort Wayne, Indiana building International trucks when we heard the news of Kennedy's assassination. Everyone in that generation remembers exactly where they were.

morning D
It's Monday - but it's beautiful out there
on my 2nd cup of coffee; have some housework that needs to be done. Going to try to get everything done early so we can be outside today. Granddaughter is coming over for the evening; can't wait to see that little girl.
Got a big event coming up this weekend at the Turtle; SxS races, it's the first of the King of the Shell series. Don't have to have an atv or anything to come watch, so, if your weekend is open, come check it out.

great weekend/grill out with kids and friends
start my part time job next Monday. Delivering body shop supplies to auto body shops and a chance to meet new people in the industry..Lookin forward to it
some HK today then maybe a little messin round outside.
loving this weather cept the friggin stink bugs are comin round..
Bout time to get the motorcycle out...lots are on the streets now.

Got nuttin else...let the slick end slide and the rough end drag!

Fried cabbage....one of my favorites with some corn bread = a full belly and some stinky poooters

picGv8TcJ.jpg

I make a dish similar to this; it's a family favorite.
Melt a stick of butter and sautee some onion in the big electric skillet. Add 3 lb of red potatoes, skin on, and carrots - 1-2 lbs or so; add enough water to cover and let cook at medium for about 45 minutes.
Slice up polska kielbasa and lay it on top of the potatoes and carrots, then a head of cabbage cut into wedges on top of that, and let cook for another 20 minutes. The sausage and cabbage are steamed, rather than boiled.
Make a big pan of corn bread to go with it and it's good eatin'

have never added bacon though - it seems so perfect; why didn't I think of it?

When I first went to the backyard to pick up sticks, I got out there and decided some music would be nice. I went back inside to get the music machine and fired up some SRV. Then, I decided that since I was going to be out there anyway, I might as well cook something. Headed to the store and bought a 4lb boston butt.

Had a little of some cheap charcoal that I was going to use for hotdogs or sausages that I decided to go ahead and use. It was about half a load and a lot of little pieces and dust. Got about 3 hours out of it. I wasn't paying attention and the temp shot up on me to 300 at one point or it would have lasted longer. I've got the oven warming up now and I'll just move it inside to finish. Smoky goodness has already been applied.

When I first went to the backyard to pick up sticks, I got out there and decided some music would be nice. I went back inside to get the music machine and fired up some SRV. Then, I decided that since I was going to be out there anyway, I might as well cook something. Headed to the store and bought a 4lb boston butt.

Had a little of some cheap charcoal that I was going to use for hotdogs or sausages that I decided to go ahead and use. It was about half a load and a lot of little pieces and dust. Got about 3 hours out of it. I wasn't paying attention and the temp shot up on me to 300 at one point or it would have lasted longer. I've got the oven warming up now and I'll just move it inside to finish. Smoky goodness has already been applied.

Wish you was my neighbor. We would get along just fine

Ok I bit on the "flex seal" rubberized paint. My. Birdbath/ fountain of 13 yrs has been leaking. I skim coated some hydraulic cement on the inside bottom and sides of fountain. Let it set up and dry then coated with this flex seal. Seems its gonna do fine but will give a consumer report after I fill with water the next few days

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT