ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

image_92650_large.jpeg
I was born a week after he got elected.

friends over tomorrow for some grillin.
menu...boneless chicken breast hammered down to about a 1/2 inch thick. Seasoned then a couple of deli sliced pepper jack slices topped with some black forrest ham, rolled then wrapped in bacon and onto grill. Added to some cooked down green beans with bacon seasoning and chunked buttered potatoes..

• Good Morning, Wildcats.
  • 55º in sunny Johns Creek. This is more like it. Hands not numb.
  • Cuteness is close by. She loves it outside.
  • We were about to go in and eat when we heard about JFK getting shot and that he was dead. An awful weekend. I was watching the police moving Oswald when Jack Ruby killed him in the basement of the Dallas Police Department.
  • 1963 was the year when QB and I got married. I was 19 and QB was 18. Our daughter was born in 1965. A son was born in 1967. Good Lord time flies. I will be 74 this year. Dad died when he was 73.
  • Repair carpentry awaits. I could use 55's skills today. I have gone through it in my mind and have a plan.
  • Think I will get the GMC washed this morning before I get my breakfast sandwich.
  • Need to fill the bird-feeders today.
  • Plan to sit on my azz a lot.
  • Hope all y'all have a wonderful day of rest.
  • As you were.

images

This was my hot-rod. 348 with 3 deuces and 4 speed. It would run like Hell. One of the fastest cars in Paducah. I had to sell it in the summer of 1963.

I had a 62 Chevy when I got married. It was a V8 but not hot. It had a simple two barrel carb. I wish I still had it. It was comfortable.

The problem was in 1962 they did not put out solid state radios and the tube type took time to warm up and would eat up a battery if parked without the motor running. Bad for dates.

I had a 62 Chevy when I got married. It was a V8 but not hot. It had a simple two barrel carb. I wish I still had it. It was comfortable.

The problem was in 1962 they did not put out solid state radios and the tube type took time to warm up and would eat up a battery if parked without the motor running. Bad for dates.
"Parking" was so much fun. And Drive-In movies.

I'm not smart enough to use a link but you type in JFK's visit to the Observation Island you will see a silent movie taken of his vist the week before he was killed. I left that ship in April of that year. One of my old shipmates and life long friends is the sailor piping him aboard. He passed a year ago this last Friday. I hear JFK mentioned and I recall my shipmate.

We are in a quandary about our restaurant selection for tonight's dinner. "I know. Longhorn is always good." "We had steak last night." "Chinese." "QB doesn't like Chinese." I don't know. "I want to see the rest of the Masters." Well, y'all pick something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT