ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Talk to your teenagers about this dangerous time we are living in.

Two local teens slipped out at 0300 to go park. They parked behind a Publix. A 20 year old predator was on top of the Publix just to see what he could see. He watched for a half hour and then attacked the kids. The male teen fought back and was shot dead. He then made the girl disrobe. He sexually assaulted the girl and then shot her in the back of her head execution style. This happened nearby. WTH? This really bothers me.

Watching Jimmy perform at River Bend in Cincinnati a few times are great memories. The variety of fans he has makes watching them at his concerts a lot of fun also. Seeing the local straight laced school teacher and the hardest no nonsense judges walking around in parrot head costumes enjoying his show as much as anyone else, says it all.

Was reading through the paperwork my son brought home and saw this letter from the school. This week, counselors will be visiting classrooms and discussing Suicide Prevention, and giving out literature. My first thought was how dare they, these are BABIES....only middle schoolers, much too young for this. I was going to opt out and not have my youngest present...
Then I remembered, so many of the recent stories ARE children this age and younger. It breaks my hearts

What we have to do this season.
  • Stop the 3rd & long 1st downs.
  • Get some QB sacks.
  • Protect our own QB much better.
  • Our receivers must catch the ball. Catch the dang ball!!!
  • Use our tight ends more.
The defense does seem to be stepping up, hope it keeps doing so. Every thing on your list is something that can very well happen this year, Fingers are crossed.

Two local teens slipped out at 0300 to go park. They parked behind a Publix. A 20 year old predator was on top of the Publix just to see what he could see. He watched for a half hour and then attacked the kids. The male teen fought back and was shot dead. He then made the girl disrobe. He sexually assaulted the girl and then shot her in the back of her head execution style. This happened nearby. WTH? This really bothers me.
That is horrible.

Was reading through the paperwork my son brought home and saw this letter from the school. This week, counselors will be visiting classrooms and discussing Suicide Prevention, and giving out literature. My first thought was how dare they, these are BABIES....only middle schoolers, much too young for this. I was going to opt out and not have my youngest present...
Then I remembered, so many of the recent stories ARE children this age and younger. It breaks my hearts
These same decision makers and policy makers are the same ones that require your permission to give your child an aspirin, but will help your child get an abortion and not tell you about it. SMH.

People, man.

A truck full of 17-18 year olds plus one 15 year old came down to EKU to sell some drugs and shoot off rifle rounds last weekend.

They were in this morning's paper. All were charged with felony cocaine trafficking, MJ trafficking, and paraphernalia. Not one was charged with the weapon (ar15) which was found in the back seat with 2 extra clips. Why is that? I don't have a clue. I just know these guys ran from police after reported of shots fired (5) on campus, finally stopped when they went down the wrong road, and they had cocaine, MJ, cash, and a rifle with 2 clips.

People, man.

A truck full of 17-18 year olds plus one 15 year old came down to EKU to sell some drugs and shoot off rifle rounds last weekend.

They were in this morning's paper. All were charged with felony cocaine trafficking, MJ trafficking, and paraphernalia. Not one was charged with the weapon (ar15) which was found in the back seat with 2 extra clips. Why is that? I don't have a clue. I just know these guys ran from police after reported of shots fired (5) on campus, finally stopped when they went down the wrong road, and they had cocaine, MJ, cash, and a rifle with 2 clips.
Unbelievable.

13962650_1162109190528880_5426951015320969216_n.jpg

About 35-28 Cats. What do you think?

I think that Southern Miss will score at least 35 points. They have a good QB and a high octane offense. Not sure if UK can score that many points.

I say either the Cats win 38-35 in a nail-biter or we have a SNAFU type game and get beat 41-28 or something similar.

I hope it is the former. Would really suck to start the season off with a loss in the home opener to a non-conference foe.

I think that Southern Miss will score at least 35 points. They have a good QB and a high octane offense. Not sure if UK can score that many points.

I say either the Cats win 38-35 in a nail-biter or we have a SNAFU type game and get beat 41-28 or something similar.

I hope it is the former. Would really suck to start the season off with a loss in the home opener to a non-conference foe.
It's going to be a tough-azz game. Who lost to Western the last 2 times we played them?

Watching Jimmy perform at River Bend in Cincinnati a few times are great memories. The variety of fans he has makes watching them at his concerts a lot of fun also. Seeing the local straight laced school teacher and the hardest no nonsense judges walking around in parrot head costumes enjoying his show as much as anyone else, says it all.

I've been to 3 of his concerts at River Bend. last one was like 15 years ago though. River Bend is an outstanding concert venue.

I have seen at least a dozen concerts there over the years. Amazingly enough, each and every one had great weather. Still not sure how i lucked out in that regard. Law of averages says at least once it should have rained.

Good times.

Science Break:

Mars, Saturn and the bright star Antares will align in the night sky tonight and tomorrow night. Just as darkness begins to fall look to the south-southwest. The better night will be tomorrow the 24th. You will see a line up of two of the brightest planets and one of the brightest stars in the sky. Your clenched fist measures roughly 10 degrees in width when held at arm's length, so the length of the Saturn-Mars-Antares lineup will stretch a bit more than half a fist.

Saturn will be the highest in the sky and appear yellow-white with Mars below it appearing yellow-orange and Antares below appearing white and very slightly to the left of Mars. Though all three points in the line resemble stars, only Antares will appear to twinkle. It is just a pinpoint of light from our vantage point. It is hundreds of times larger than our sun and is at a distance of 550 light-years or 3.3 quadrillion miles from us.

7126.jpg

• I'll make this team great again.
  • I'll cut turnovers.
  • I'll build a wall with our defense.
  • I'll create millions of points.
  • I know more than the assistant coaches.
  • The players will do what I say.
  • I'll stop points being scored on us.
  • The opposing coaches love me.
  • I'll save this program.
  • I'll ban opposing receivers from our secondary.
  • I'll be unpredictable with play calling
  • I'll long bomb the sh** out of the opponents.
  • I'll bring players back from all the other SEC states.
  • I'll be the best coach God ever created.
(the above caricature of little Donald used under license from KS)

Last edited:
Kaizer Kosay, you just may hold the record for non rainy weather at River Bend. I have never been rained out either but haven't been to as many as you have either. Have you ever attended one in a boat? That is fun also. Great memories there indeed.

Sadly, no i have not. Always wanted to try that. I'm sure that is the best way to see a concert at River Bend.

7126.jpg

• I'll make this team great again.
  • I'll cut turnovers.
  • I'll build a wall with our defense.
  • I'll create millions of points.
  • I know more than the assistant coaches.
  • The players will do what I say.
  • I'll stop points being scored on us.
  • The opposing coaches love me.
  • I'll save this program.
  • I'll ban opposing receivers from our secondary.
  • I'll be unpredictable with play calling
  • I'll long bomb the sh** out of the opponents.
  • I'll bring players back from all the other SEC states.
  • I'll be the best coach God ever created.
(the above caricature of little Donald used under license from KS)

[laughing]

:football:Make UK Football Great Again!:football:

Science Break:

Mars, Saturn and the bright star Antares will align in the night sky tonight and tomorrow night. Just as darkness begins to fall look to the south-southwest. The better night will be tomorrow the 24th. You will see a line up of two of the brightest planets and one of the brightest stars in the sky. Your clenched fist measures roughly 10 degrees in width when held at arm's length, so the length of the Saturn-Mars-Antares lineup will stretch a bit more than half a fist.

Saturn will be the highest in the sky and appear yellow-white with Mars below it appearing yellow-orange and Antares below appearing white and very slightly to the left of Mars. Though all three points in the line resemble stars, only Antares will appear to twinkle. It is just a pinpoint of light from our vantage point. It is hundreds of times larger than our sun and is at a distance of 550 light-years or 3.3 quadrillion miles from us.
I would like to add a little tidbit here. The distance to the Sun is about 93 million miles on average. That number is referred to as an Astronomical Unit or AU. As it turns out, there are about 63,000 AU's in a light year. There is also about 63,000 inches in a mile. That coincidence allows us to visualize vast distances in terms we can understand and more easily relate to. If the Sun and Earth are scaled to be 1 inch apart, then 1 light year would be a mile away.

Using this analogy, Antares would be located in Wichita Kansas, 550 nautical miles away. This tells us that space is big.

Edit: I should have mentioned Louisville as the starting point. Your results may vary.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT