ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

When the end comes, I am going back home. Bell County. They still call me "old sarge, desert fighter". Witchy, my ex wife, still thinks I am nuts, and she sees some Indiana asshole up by where Notre Dame is located.

I will be okay. Just freaking out drunk about stupid shit because I love KY so much. I will be okay, Y'all be cool.

@ymmot31 : If cancer, I will let y'all know. I think I am just freaking out about stupid shit. I am the most resilient MOFO in US history. I survived Iraq x2. I am just freaking out drunk. I hope.
I'm drinking some beers myself tonight. I SERIOUSLY doubt it's cancer.

I cooked us a couple of T-bones tonight. She didn't want filets because they're too thick and I won't cook it enough for her. 24oz each. They were awesome. Choice Angus. Salt, pepper, fire, flesh. Doesn't get any better.

Keep your head up, You'll be OK.

movies-national-lampoons-vacation-1_1.jpg

Ah, the Family Truckster. I used to have one just like it. Wish I had held on to it.

Good morning, D
been awake, for a while - guess I'm getting into back to school mode
60 medals, so far, for the US - not too shabby
Michael Phelps saying that he's going to retire. Bummer
Yesterday was fun, today it's back to busy stuff: church this morning, then to my parents house this afternoon to move more stuff to storage, and pack up other items
Have to get the laundry finished, too, so I can start all over again LOL
But, for now - enjoying a nice quiet house, having some coffee and posting.

• Good Morning, D-League.
  • 77º in Johns Creek. Scattered clouds. VFR. Purdy day going.
  • Blood Sugar = 110. Weight = 225.
  • Likes applied. ET = 10 seconds.
  • Didn't get to sleep until about 01:30. Late mug of Dark Magic did that I suspect. And thinking about inebriated Austin and all that.
  • Table cloths on the two deck tables. We are having a family party today. #4 is already here. She starts her Junior year in two days. Good kids. Wants to be a Pediatrician.
  • Now I have to:
    • Vacuum The BGE.
    • Run the blower on the deck.
    • Pile charcoal up.
    • Start the fire.
    • Get the 225º set.
    • Put those baby backs on.
    • Smoke them carefully for about 3 hours. They have to be perfect.
    • Work a shower in there somewhere.
  • Section H information needed.
  • #3 just arrived. Always special when he comes. The army has been good for him. The change in him has been something to see.
  • Fish waiting for their flakes. #3 likes to do it. I'll let him do it.
  • Have a big time today.
  • Over.

Good morning and Happy National Creamsicle Day.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I'm still congested. Coughed up blood again this morning. Not a bunch, but it's there. If this continues, I'll head to the hospital.

Otherwise, I feel great. Plan on hiking to the grocery store within the hour. The rain cooled us off. Currently 78 F in ATX. Air conditioner has not kicked on yet this AM after I set the thermostat to 71 F.

Y'all be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT