ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Ledeky wins the 800m freestyle by 11 seconds. Sets world record that may never be beat. Except by her.

Sure hope it doesn't turn out that she is on some now undetectable illegal booster. Phelps also. I'm sure some people will be taking an extra long hard look at those test results.

Last edited:
good (late) evening D
fairly busy day - got 6 loads of laundry done, and some cleaning out and organizing
Watching Olympics in between it all
Debating on whether I want to go to this mud bog event with hubby tomorrow. Hubby and youngest son love going to this place; Rob has a Polaris that can go anywhere, and of course there are other atvs, jeeps, etc. Plus it is supposed to rain, which makes it more fun. I just have so much to do around here, and over at Mom's house, not sure I can take the time right now.
Don't remember the gas wars, myself :)
Thinking about ATC and Sadie
Anyway - hope y'all are doing well

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. Sadie's liver is failing. Vet gave her an IV. We hope to pick her up at 5 PM today, if all goes well.
I had .a flame point Himalayan that died of breast cancer at 9 years, 2 months, and 3 days. She only would have anything to do with one person in the world and that was me. I spent $2500 trying to save her but to no avail. I cried and cried when I had her put down. She was cremated. When I die, Princess Annabelle of Nanga Parbat goes in the casket with me. I feel for you, Austin. It hurts.

good (late) evening D
fairly busy day - got 6 loads of laundry done, and some cleaning out and organizing
Watching Olympics in between it all
Debating on whether I want to go to this mud bog event with hubby tomorrow. Hubby and youngest son love going to this place; Rob has a Polaris that can go anywhere, and of course there are other atvs, jeeps, etc. Plus it is supposed to rain, which makes it more fun. I just have so much to do around here, and over at Mom's house, not sure I can take the time right now.
Don't remember the gas wars, myself :)
Thinking about ATC and Sadie
Anyway - hope y'all are doing well
I got to drive one of those Polaris rangers last weekend. Amazing vehicle with lots of off road capability. 2 couples were on 4 wheelers. I drove the Polaris with my wife, mom, & daughter. We were on muddy trails in the woods at night.

It would have been better if the ones on the 4 wheelers weren't drinking. Plus the nearly 4 mile ride on the highway.

Found out the next day that I was the first person other than the owner to get to drive that Polaris. $18k price tag.

I got to drive one of those Polaris rangers last weekend. Amazing vehicle with lots of off road capability. 2 couples were on 4 wheelers. I drove the Polaris with my wife, mom, & daughter. We were on muddy trails in the woods at night.

It would have been better if the ones on the 4 wheelers weren't drinking. Plus the nearly 4 mile ride on the highway.

Found out the next day that I was the first person other than the owner to get to drive that Polaris. $18k price tag.

that's some cool stuff right there. Here's a pic of hubby's - doesn't have the 18K price tag, but it's pretty awesome all the same:
13559117_1080515228663596_2509731608326380117_o.jpg

this thing has, I think 78 hp? I know the freaking thing has a cup holder, LOL
DTOR is Dirty Turtle Off Road, btw. Like i said, youngest absolutely loves the place.

that's some cool stuff right there. Here's a pic of hubby's - doesn't have the 18K price tag, but it's pretty awesome all the same:
13559117_1080515228663596_2509731608326380117_o.jpg

this thing has, I think 78 hp? I know the freaking thing has a cup holder, LOL
DTOR is Dirty Turtle Off Road, btw. Like i said, youngest absolutely loves the place.
That looks fast. Don't use the cup holder for beer.

Maybe somebody can clarify this for me. I'm kinda on the fence. Why are supplements hgh steroids testosterone prescribed to people in need. Surgery , testicular disorders , health but an athlete takes it they are banned and it's a touchy subject. Frank Thomas of all people has a commercial. If me or you has surgery in our neck they give an hgh to help but Peyton got the third degree

People that hold babe Ruth to a higher standard are crazy. I don't even like baseball but he never played against black competition and took amphetamines and painkillers. Way worse but we all know players took them for years. You can walk in any male clinics and get testosterone now but have to have an act of congress to get a tooth pulled and pain medication. They gave me the strongest painkiller for my wisdom teeth but now they give barely over the counter to people

Checking in. Just got home. Rivals wanted me to sign in when I opened this up. They have a hard time keeping it together it seems (this time of year.) "It's too hard" he said. Sorry Sadie is sick, Austin. We all hate it for you. Sugar is 13 this year. I don't want to even think about losing her. She is a good one. Always faithful and loving. Always forgives me when I make mistakes. A dog makes a good best friend.

image_12.jpeg

I had surgery like this in a wheelchair and barely got anything a year ago And had to have my crippled ass chauffeur to the dr office for a refill But for for years had cortisone shots and higher meds and Doctor called it in. Thanks America for messing it up My dad had to make trips from bowling green to Owensboro once a month to get grandma and aunt pain meds. They have both passed this year but he had to make 150 mile round trip once a month when they where at their worst

I had knee ligament surgery many years ago. Very painful deal. I can tolerate pain pretty well, but not that time. Morphine was the only answer. I took shots of that stuff for a few days. I had the sweats when I was at home recovering from all that. I was in a cast that was up to my hip.

I was on crutches for 6 weeks, but I worked in that condition. I stopped by the smoke shop for pipe tobacco and parked in the handicapped space. I figured I was pretty much handicapped. Cast and crutches. A police officer was putting a ticket under my windshield wiper when I came out. I figured the Judge would let me off when he saw what condition I was in. Wrong, he fined me $100 and chewed my azz out thoroughly. It did not seem fair. WTH?

Last edited:
image_12.jpeg

I had surgery like this in a wheelchair and barely got anything a year ago And had to have my crippled ass chauffeur to the dr office for a refill But for for years had cortisone shots and higher meds and Doctor called it in. Thanks America for messing it up My dad had to make trips from bowling green to Owensboro once a month to get grandma and aunt pain meds. They have both passed this year but he had to make 150 mile round trip once a month when they where at their worst
It hurts just looking at that. Damn. I know that hurt.

I had knee ligament surgery many years ago. Very painful deal. I can tolerate pain pretty well, but not that time. Morphine was the only answer. I took shots of that stuff for a few days. I had the sweats when I at home recovering from all that. I was in a cast that was up to my hip.

I was on crutches for 6 weeks, but I worked in that condition. I stopped by the smoke shop for pipe tobacco and parked in the handicapped space. I figured I was pretty much handicapped. Cast and crutches. A police officer was putting a ticket under my windshield wiper when I came out. I figured the Judge would let me off when he saw what condition I was in. Wrong, he fined me $100 and chewed my azz out thoroughly. It did not seem fair. WTH?
That's F'd up. I was in almost same situation. Went to ole miss game parked in handicapped My friend had steel Pin in hip. Woman gave him bad look because he look young He said bitch I'm crazy , you can get disability for that now as he limped into the Tad coliseum

been very lucky with surgeries, myself - at least so far; the meds I got with those, and when I had my first two children were more than adequate, luckily. Worst time I had was with the c-section with my third. I didn't heal very quickly or well, and they were....stingy....with the prescriptions. Still, no where near as bad as some of the stuff y'all have been through.

been very lucky with surgeries, myself - at least so far; the meds I got with those, and when I had my first two children were more than adequate, luckily. Worst time I had was with the c-section with my third. I didn't heal very quickly or well, and they were....stingy....with the prescriptions. Still, no where near as bad as some of the stuff y'all have been through.
They cut you wide open now they give you Tylenol 3 or 5 mg. of something. The druggies have messed it up with the pill docs

Good morning, heading out soon with my nephew to continue our car acquisition odyssey. We had one picked out but I took to my guy and it had a bad leak in the transmission cooler that had put oil all over the AC condenser coil and about everything else in the front of the engine. Now we have to go pick out another one because the seller didn't want to fix it.

Glad I had it checked out because it's a small thing that will lead to a big problem. Guarantee he's going to sell that car to someone and not mention the leak. You won't notice it until it's up on a rack.

I assume that I will get rained on today at some point. Thanks to my buddy Austin I will now be grilling a couple of filets, rain or shine.

• Good Saturday Morning, D-League.
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Clearing. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 102. Weight = 227.
  • Likes applied.
  • Fish fed.
  • Having a party tomorrow. Just got my instructions. Dither starting. Pressure. All of the grands will be here. Looking forward to it.
  • Have to go to Publix for baby backs.
  • Car wash.
  • Dog wash.
  • Work.
  • Ship.
  • That's it.
  • What are you doing this weekend?

Good morning, heading out soon with my nephew to continue our car acquisition odyssey. We had one picked out but I took to my guy and it had a bad leak in the transmission cooler that had put oil all over the AC condenser coil and about everything else in the front of the engine. Now we have to go pick out another one because the seller didn't want to fix it.

Glad I had it checked out because it's a small thing that will lead to a big problem. Guarantee he's going to sell that car to someone and not mention the leak. You won't notice it until it's up on a rack.

I assume that I will get rained on today at some point. Thanks to my buddy Austin I will now be grilling a couple of filets, rain or shine.
  • Patience, grasshopper.
  • Suggestion: look for widow selling deceased husband's car. Children selling mom's car.
  • But I don't know your budget.

Used to play golf with my banker. His bank had a '75 Mark IV that a coal mine owner had bought for his wife. Coal business went to Hell, and he could not pay for it. She told the bank to come and get it. This was sometime in 1975. Maybe in the Spring. The bank parked it and advertised it, but it did not sell. I bought that thing for $8,500. Pimp-looking car. White exterior. White vinyl top. White leather interior. Awesome buy. $16,000 car. Almost no miles on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT