ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

finally home
a great time was had by all
exhausted though - but in a good way
Give that man something special Bev. :). Act like y'all are kids. Surprise him. I will guarantee he will have the biggest shit eating grin tomorrow

Nothing motivates a long married man more than his wife making him feel youthful again . even if it's late and y'all tired it's ok if it's in the morning.

My two cents ....nothing dirty. Please don't take the wrong way. I would take that over any material thing she could buy.

'57 Chevy Story:
I was decorating an office one time, and I bought a framed picture of a '57 Chevy at K-Mart. It was of a red '57 Chevy Convertible with a continental kit and skirts. You older guys may remember this popular picture. It is still cool to look at.

Anyway ......... my customer (from Indiana) asked if that was my car. I told him about buying the picture at K-Mart. He said "I've got three just like that one." I thought "Sure you do." He sent his wife out to their car to retrieve his picture album. He was not bullshipping. He had three of those things that he had restored himself. All identical right down to the continental kit and skirts.

It was the damnedest thing.

1957_chevrolet_bel_air_red.jpg

Like this.
I bet he was a happy customer.

What up league!

First off Reds have won 2 in a row good news.

Bad news, I've been busting my ass hardcore and starting lifting weights(only 3 days now) and have gained 6 pounds I'm so pissed!

Last night, I committed to counts of vehicular homicide. Not one but two raccoons right in the middle of the road together like they decided to go out in a blaze of glory. It was awful.

That's all for now

• Good Morning, Y'all.
  • 84º already in Johns Creek. Very clear. VFR for sure.
  • Blood Sugar = 65. Weight = 230. Out of control eating for a couple of days. Brownies, etc.
  • Sugar had an accident. QB on warpath. Don't blame her. Pissed at Sugar and me.
  • Damn.
  • No grands this morning. Lonesome for them.
  • Less than 6 weeks and we'll be playing football. Can't wait to see how we play Southern Miss. Most of the in-state good football players come out of Louisville.
  • 50s R&R going. Love that stuff. 60s too.
  • Miss this.
    tumblr_lyor7nPu3K1qa70eyo1_500.gif
  • Over.

Up early, showered, shaved, fed and out in the morning sun for an hour or so on the John Deere. Now,I am tired, sweaty and hungry again. No real sure what caused that but suspect that my oatmeal was spiked.

Pretty bummed out about the political BS in our nation but figure I should be used to that at my age.

Ha Ha, WINNING! woke up around 0900 and thought it was over. Laid there for a bit and it was 0915. Next I saw 0938 and then it was 1058. Got an extry 80 minutes for FREE. I love it when a plan comes together. Woke up, for real, and my wife was making bacon for bacon tomato sammys. Coffee was fresh brewed, drip, but that's ok for the weekend when she makes it for me. Golf will be brutal today, but I'll survive. As long as I know how to cool I know I'll be alive.

70c5bebbc42449a733e1a21908c53836.jpg

Why can't they make "suv" this sharp and roomy as they did before? I have a 97 Tahoe (4door :( and its huge ! You see the ones today but they don't have any room even in cargo. Not only that they hold up and stronger. I was in a accident last year. Four car pile up. Three were totaled and all that happened to me was my mirror popped off. The car companies need to do throwback trucks and suv with the steel bumpers. I guarantee they will sell like crazy

On another note I love like the new throwback chargers and mustangs but they have zero room in interior. I had a 78 Malibu and you could camp out in the back seats. Now cars are so small back there. How can a charger look the same as 40 years ago but the interior is half the size ?

Ha Ha, WINNING! woke up around 0900 and thought it was over. Laid there for a bit and it was 0915. Next I saw 0938 and then it was 1058. Got an extry 80 minutes for FREE. I love it when a plan comes together. Woke up, for real, and my wife was making bacon for bacon tomato sammys. Coffee was fresh brewed, drip, but that's ok for the weekend when she makes it for me. Golf will be brutal today, but I'll survive. As long as I know how to cool I know I'll be alive.

I haven't golfed in a long long time. How much does it cost to play a round of golf these days?

I actually saw two 58 Chebby convertibles in junk yards in 1986. One in Nashville and one somewhere back in the sticks in Ky. Pretty rough. Could have bought either for a couple of hundred bucks. Those days are loooooong gone.
I've been watching your temperatures. Stay in the house. It is a hot heat.

Why can't they make "suv" this sharp and roomy as they did before? I have a 97 Tahoe (4door :( and its huge ! You see the ones today but they don't have any room even in cargo. Not only that they hold up and stronger. I was in a accident last year. Four car pile up. Three were totaled and all that happened to me was my mirror popped off. The car companies need to do throwback trucks and suv with the steel bumpers. I guarantee they will sell like crazy

On another note I love like the new throwback chargers and mustangs but they have zero room in interior. I had a 78 Malibu and you could camp out in the back seats. Now cars are so small back there. How can a charger look the same as 40 years ago but the interior is half the size ?
Why was a roomy back seat important to you in '78.............

Fuel economy standards

afternoon D
not much going on here
Went to church; came home - had some more coffee
Hubby and youngest son have taken off for the day to go four-wheelin'
Need to get dishes and laundry done; maybe go to the grocery for food since everyone seems to expect to eat
too freakin hot to be outside, really, - at least until this evening
So ready for sports I'm actually looking forward to UK football. Figure that out
hope all are well

Things Learned Today About Oil Change Rip-Off Places
  • A simple oil change at Jiffy-Lube is $45 plus tax in Johns Creek.
  • A simple oil change at Jiffy-Lube is $25 plus tax in Lawrenceville.
  • Jiffy-Lube doesn't have an owner according to the employees that I talked to today.
  • Jiffy-Lube doesn't have a manager according to the employees that I talked to today.
  • #4 needs to get her oil changed in Lawrenceville.
She drives a Kia. Her little Kia is a disposable car. People in Johns Creek have more money than good sense. The cars were lined up at Jiffy-Lube.

Things Learned Today About Oil Change Rip-Off Places
  • A simple oil change at Jiffy-Lube is $45 plus tax in Johns Creek.
  • A simple oil change at Jiffy-Lube is $25 plus tax in Lawrenceville.
  • Jiffy-Lube doesn't have an owner according to the employees that I talked to today.
  • Jiffy-Lube doesn't have a manager according to the employees that I talked to today.
  • #4 needs to get her oil changed in Lawrenceville.
She drives a Kia. Her little Kia is a disposable car. People in Johns Creek have more money than good sense. The cars were lined up at Jiffy-Lube.

My guess is they got her for a full synthetic oil change. Ex DIL's mazda called for a full synthetic 20wt oil. Cost her 60 bucks each time so I started doing it to save em some money and my cost was still 40 bills. She could have been lying about cost as well. All she ever did was lie.

My guess is they got her for a full synthetic oil change. Ex DIL's mazda called for a full synthetic 20wt oil. Cost her 60 bucks each time so I started doing it to save em some money and my cost was still 40 bills. She could have been lying about cost as well. All she ever did was lie.
Actually they charge that $45 plus tax for 4.1 quarts of Shell 20 weight oil. It's a rip off in Johns Creek. Learn, #4.

I was going to be #4's hero. I was able to accomplish nothing. On top of everything else, QB had a sinkstopper breakdown problem in the MBR. Don't worry about it I can fix it. I can't. I don't understand it. Plumber. Probably will cost about $5,000.00. I'm helpless. A loser. Dud. And all that stuff.

Last edited:
I was going to be #4's hero. I was able to accomplish nothing. On top of everything else, QB had a sinkstopper breakdown problem in the MBR. Don't worry about it I can fix it. I can't. I don't understand it. Plumber. Probably will cost about $5,000.00. I'm helpless. A loser. Dud. And all that stuff.
You are fine. Sorry to hear about the issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT