ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

HappyBirthday.gif

Happy Birthday, ymmot.
Thanks bud!
My wife decided to run over to Dairy Queen to get a milk shake last night and asked me if I wanted one. I said sure, get me a vanilla. She asked me why I did that and I told her because my palate was more sophisticated than hers. Of course she disagreed and I then told her I was more sophisticated in general. Now it was on. I explained to her that I was accepting of her choice of milkshake and that proved that I was several links higher on the evolutionary scale.

It was touch and go there for a minute but I still got my shake. Can't wait to tell her that today is National Vanilla Ice Cream day and ask her if she'll go get us some.

Thanks bud!
My wife decided to run over to Dairy Queen to get a milk shake last night and asked me if I wanted one. I said sure, get me a vanilla. She asked me why I did that and I told her because my palate was more sophisticated than hers. Of course she disagreed and I then told her I was more sophisticated in general. Now it was on. I explained to her that I was accepting of her choice of milkshake and that proved that I was several links higher on the evolutionary scale.

It was touch and go there for a minute but I still got my shake. Can't wait to tell her that today is National Vanilla Ice Cream day and ask her if she'll go get us some.
Talking ****. Bad idea.

My buddies and I go every year and I have yet to see every car that shows up. Used to cruise Phillips lane each night after they closed the show for the day. Lots of people lined the street to see cars and burning rubber but the police put a stop to the burn outs and believe me the police is everywhere and the slightest scratch of the tires, your nabbed..
LOL been there done that
Have you ever gone to the Iroquois Rod Run? Another one of those things hubby and I used to do every year.

I would have been there. I would have been sad. Hell, I'm sad now. She's gone home now. Her mother came and got her. She told me she was sorry. I accepted her apology, of course, but I am not over it.
better that you were there for her, and she was able to get home safely
reminds me when I was in HS one of our debates had to do with would you call your parents if drunk. I was pro and had nearly the whole class against me because they were afraid of being grounded or punished in some other way. Seriously, they more afraid of getting in trouble with parents than they were risking driving or being driven home in a dangerous situation.

You did the right thing, Don - even expressing your disapproval in what she was wearing. It sucks, I know, to have everyone upset, but you truly did the right thing

anyway
good morning D
didn't wake up until about 10:00 am or so. Was kind of nice, for a change
Today's hubby's birthday - 54 years old. Going to take him to dinner then Renaissance Fun Park (his choice).
Gonna be a really hot day - muggy.
Boogie had a good night in Team USA's first exhibition - really hope he dominates Rio
be good, folks

I once owned a '67 Chevy stepside pickup. 3 on the tree, 250 straight-six.. Purchased it in Louisville for $350 from an old boy we called "Mean Gene" in early '89 while I was out of the Army for 6 months. I drove it to FL to pick up my Harley. The gal, who later purchased the truck from me, drove it, drunk, through a trailer house near Middlesboro. Luckily no one was home.

'57 Chevy Story:
I was decorating an office one time, and I bought a framed picture of a '57 Chevy at K-Mart. It was of a red '57 Chevy Convertible with a continental kit and skirts. You older guys may remember this popular picture. It is still cool to look at.

Anyway ......... my customer (from Indiana) asked if that was my car. I told him about buying the picture at K-Mart. He said "I've got three just like that one." I thought "Sure you do." He sent his wife out to their car to retrieve his picture album. He was not bullshipping. He had three of those things that he had restored himself. All identical right down to the continental kit and skirts.

It was the damnedest thing.

1957_chevrolet_bel_air_red.jpg

Like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT