ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Where is Ross Perot when you need him.

Looking back the past 30 years
Walter Mondale , bob dole , al gore, mitt Romney , McCain. Perot All seem mild compared to these two running
Ross Perot is the reason we're in this shape. He siphoned off voters who 100% would have voted for Bush. Way more than Clintons margin of victory. Clinton might have been relegated to the ash heap of history but for Perot

1. Witnessed a tornado: Yes, several (born in Kansas)
  2. Actually felt an earthquake beneath you: Yes
  3. Been in a hurricane: 3
  4. Flood: Yes, too many to count (Duck River, yearly, 1966 to 1978, Charleston last October)
  5. Aircraft/helicopter crash: yes
  6. Bad car accident: yes
  7. Major boating accident: No
  8. Major fire: No
  9. Civil Unrest or War: Yes
  10. Tsunami: No
  11. Others

1. Witnessed a tornado: Yes
  3. Been in a hurricane: No
  4. Flood: Witnessed & helped those affected..yes. Been directly affected by…no.
  5. Aircraft/helicopter crash: No
  6. Bad car accident: Yes
  8. Major fire: Yes. Wasn't in the fire (we were out of town)…but it burnt our house to the ground. I was 7 yrs old.
  9. Civil Unrest or War: No. But I was in (what used to be) Czechoslovakia when the coup broke out in Russia in '91.
  11. N/A

1. Witnessed a tornado: Yes - was actually on Barrett Ave. Downtown Louisville on April 3, 1974
  2. Actually felt an earthquake beneath you: No
  4. Flood: Yes
  5. Aircraft/helicopter crash: no
  6. Bad car accident: no
  9. Civil Unrest or War: No
  11. BCG Era at UK

1. Witnessed a tornado: Yes, several (born in Kansas)
  3. Been in a hurricane: 3
  4. Flood: Yes, too many to count (Duck River, yearly, 1966 to 1978, Charleston last October)
  5. Aircraft/helicopter crash: yes
  6. Bad car accident: yes
  9. Civil Unrest or War: Yes
  11. Others
Man, you've had a lot of tough days, my friend

1. Witnessed a tornado: Yes - was actually on Barrett Ave. Downtown Louisville on April 3, 1974
  2. Actually felt an earthquake beneath you: No
  4. Flood: Yes
  5. Aircraft/helicopter crash: no
  6. Bad car accident: no
  9. Civil Unrest or War: No
  11. BCG Era at UK
I've not had 9 of these but I did live through the summer when the creek went dry

@GhostVol you live in SC correct? My sis lives in beech island on the Georgia border. Close to atomic road

Your sis is lucky to be on Beech Island. Love that place. The Savannah River nuclear site brought a lot of jobs to that area, but it saddened me when I learned about the small towns that were lost/moved to locate it there. It's too late tonight for me to get started on Barnwell, but Yucca Mountain needs to serve its purpose and get opened up for nuclear waste like it's supposed to be.

Your sis is lucky to be on Beech Island. Love that place. The Savannah River nuclear site brought a lot of jobs to that area, but it saddened me when I learned about the small towns that were lost/moved to locate it there. It's too late tonight for me to get started on Barnwell, but Yucca Mountain needs to serve its purpose and get opened up for nuclear waste like it's supposed to be.
She moved down there in 88-89 because of jobs. Met her husband there and the rest is history. I remember going and seeing refrigerator perry home and James brown in her area. They are gamecock football season ticket holders but still root for my basketball.

• Good Morning, D-League.
  • 72º in Johns Creek. Overcast. IFR right now.
  • Blood Sugar = 90. Weight = 227.
  • My carwash Sunday caused a Hell of a rainstorm yesterday. We got almost 1.5 inches of much needed rain. QB was my hero. She moved everything in because the wind was blowing the rain all over the place. Saved my bacon.
  • Likes applied.
  • Is the civil terrorism affecting you?
  • Is the ISIS terrorism affecting you?
  • How are you voting? Do you know yet?
  • Over.

6661.1340169716.jpg

Surprised at the number of earthquake experiences.

Was living in Atlanta during the 90's and Gulf Coast hurricanes would usually take a day or two to wind down and then move over Atlanta as nothing more than breezy winds and a LOT of rain. Except one of them..which hit the Panama City Beach area and within 4-5 hours was over Atlanta..fast moving. Winds were just below hurricane strength so it was "only" a tropical storm at that time---went on for about 3 hours in the middle of the night. My wife who is from south Florida slept right through it. I..on the other hand...realized that if what I saw in those 3 hours wasn't even a low grade hurricane, then I never wanted anything to do with the real thing.

Realize now that I should have included "Experienced a Train Wreck" for the Donster.

55, good looking carpentry. I know you must be proud of that work. You saved a few hundred dollars. Money saved is money earned.

Thanks Don...not to much to it as far as carpentry. Basically remove the bad panel and replace with new, only this time the replacement will not rot,warp, and so on..I did however save myself about 800.00 doing it myself based on estimates to replace..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT