ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Don, I just finished putting together the dual grid cooking system on my large egg. The cast iron grid I planned on putting up there needed to be cut down. It is square and just a little too big to fit. That was going to take a long time and it was very noisy with the big ass grinder I was using. For now I'm using the grid off my medium egg. Think I'm going to do a bunch of wings to see how it works.

I would assume the top rack will cook faster than the bottom because there is only about 4" of space at the top. I can buy another tube to drop the height to 4" above the bottom grid and give myself 6" at the top. I'll probably do that anyway just because. I'll buy another grid soon because now I have no grid for my medium. They're only about 10 bucks.

After a radio commercial I often hear the disclaimer spoken by a race-talker. I usually cannot understand what they are saying. How can they talk so fast? Can anybody on here do it?

No. Nobody can hear what they are saying.

But let me translate it for you in one sentence (and this applies to the stuff in fine print as well): "None of what we just said is true!"

Don, I just finished putting together the dual grid cooking system on my large egg. The cast iron grid I planned on putting up there needed to be cut down. It is square and just a little too big to fit. That was going to take a long time and it was very noisy with the big ass grinder I was using. For now I'm using the grid off my medium egg. Think I'm going to do a bunch of wings to see how it works.

I would assume the top rack will cook faster than the bottom because there is only about 4" of space at the top. I can buy another tube to drop the height to 4" above the bottom grid and give myself 6" at the top. I'll probably do that anyway just because. I'll buy another grid soon because now I have no grid for my medium. They're only about 10 bucks.
You sound like you know what you're doing. Let me know about your wings.
Wings are easy. Keep the temp low. Don't burn'em. Don't under cook'em. I tend to overeat when we have those wings. They are sooooooooo good. If I were closer I would come and supervise your work and keep you out of harm's way.

• Fresh haircut.
  • Mildew killer from Home Depot.
  • South Carolina peaches for later.
  • Replacement tube for rain gauge (that the boys broke last Saturday)
  • Birdseed.
  • Solar heating Sugar's bathwater.
  • 50s tunes going. (on the loud side)
  • QB gone to Publix for bone-in pork chops for supper. Mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans.
  • Dion and the Bailbondsmen going.
  • 99º in Johns Creek.
  • Over.

Sh-Boom Lyrics

New! Highlight lyrics to add Meanings, Special Memories, and Misheard Lyrics...

Life could be a dream
Life could be a dream, sh-boom

If I could take you up in paradise up above, sh-boom
If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love
Life could be a dream sweetheart

Hello hello again, sh-boom and hopin' we'll meet again, boom

Oh, life could be a dream, sh-boom
If only all my precious plans would come true, sh-boom
If you would let me spend my whole life lovin' you
Life could be a dream sweetheart, sh-boom

Every time I look at you
Something is on my mind
If you do what I want you to
Baby, we'd be so fine

If you'd tell me, darlin', I'm the only one that you love

Sh-boom
Sh-boom

Life could be a dream

Sh-boom
Sh-boom
Sh-boom
Sh-boom

Sh-boom
Sh-boom
Sh-boom

If you'd tell me, darlin', I'm the only one that you love

Sh-boom
Sh-boom

Life could be a dream

Songwriters
KEYES, JAMES C / FEASTER, CARL / MC RAE, FLOYD / FEASTER, CLAUDE / EDWARDS, JAMES W.

Read more: The Chords - Sh-Boom Lyrics | MetroLyrics

What chief said. He must love some Big Joe Turner. Where you at Ghost?
What chief said. He must love some Big Joe Turner. Where you at Ghost?

Here ya go, Don. And they don't believe we were ever real oool cats. Just watch us bust those moves in this clip. Oh, blame BKO for this. She started it.

Last edited:
You sound like you know what you're doing. Let me know about your wings.
Wings are easy. Keep the temp low. Don't burn'em. Don't under cook'em. I tend to overeat when we have those wings. They are sooooooooo good. If I were closer I would come and supervise your work and keep you out of harm's way.

What a pal.

Command decision was made at the grocery store. Wings were 3 dollars a pound. Thighs were 1 dollar a pound. I got 6 lbs of thighs, 12 of em. Bought some corn in the husk and a tater to cook on the top shelf. Those thighs filled up the bottom rack nicely. I put butter on em and some rub that I made up.

I think I might have left overs.

What a pal.

Command decision was made at the grocery store. Wings were 3 dollars a pound. Thighs were 1 dollar a pound. I got 6 lbs of thighs, 12 of em. Bought some corn in the husk and a tater to cook on the top shelf. Those thighs filled up the bottom rack nicely. I put butter on em and some rub that I made up.

Try cooking the corn in your microwave in the shuck for 8 minutes. Very good and easy. Don't knock it until you have tried it.

What a pal.

Yeah, groceries are very proud of their chicken wings.

rdg-1633-tam-5-46-900-590x282.jpg

Try cooking the corn in your microwave in the shuck for 8 minutes. Very good and easy. Don't knock it until you have tried it.
Used to do that all the time. Cut it in the garden and take it straight to the microwave in the husk. After you cut it corn loses sugar very quickly. I've ate many ears without butter or salt, you don't need either when it's that fresh.

My corn today was in the husk as well, I wetted it before I put it on. Pulled it when the husk started to turn brown. Buttered and salted it, was perfect.

I am stuffed. Thighs were crispy on the outside and very juicy on the inside. They were messy. I was going to buffalo a few and put barbeque on a few, but I decided the rub I put on there would be plenty. Glad I rolled like that. I could put that stuff on later if I want. Doubt I will.

Makes me sad to look back on all the food that I dried out on a gas grill.

Bite the bullet and get a kamado style cooker. Even the cheaper ones are better than a gas grill. My green eggs will outlast me no doubt. Someone else will be using them years after I'm gone.

I am stuffed. Thighs were crispy on the outside and very juicy on the inside. They were messy. I was going to buffalo a few and put barbeque on a few, but I decided the rub I put on there would be plenty. Glad I rolled like that. I could put that stuff on later if I want. Doubt I will.

Makes me sad to look back on all the food that I dried out on a gas grill.

Bite the bullet and get a kamado style cooker. Even the cheaper ones are better than a gas grill. My green eggs will outlast me no doubt. Someone else will be using them years after I'm gone.
Good testimonial. A plain hamburger is so juicy on the BGE. Just a Hell of a good difference.

First thing I cooked on my first egg was a whole chicken done "beer can" style. Outside was so dark that I thought I had burned it. Nope. It was so juicy I couldn't believe it. It was juicy like it was cooked in a crock pot, but smoky like it was cooked on a fire.

I've cooked turkeys on my medium for the last six years. All of them have been extraordinary, but last years was the best. Oven cannot compare, I don't care how much or often you baste.

First thing I cooked on my first egg was a whole chicken done "beer can" style. Outside was so dark that I thought I had burned it. Nope. It was so juicy I couldn't believe it. It was juicy like it was cooked in a crock pot, but smoky like it was cooked on a fire.

I've cooked turkeys on my medium for the last six years. All of them have been extraordinary, but last years was the best. Oven cannot compare, I don't care how much or often you baste.
I did one early on also. Like you say, extraordinary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT