ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

th

Have you ever been on this one, Austin?
Drive often. Formerly drove 2x daily before the strokes.

Last edited:
What's up my brothas and sista?
Happy Sunday
Pete goes into the Reds hall today finally!
They still suck
If I never hear Lenny kravitz's version of American woman ever again I'll be happy for life
Working till 8 am long day gotta be back at 6am
Taking my car in next week for hail damage the insurance company luckily covers that for free
Still stuck at my current weight so I'm a little pissed but doing double duty at the track going 5 miles a day now

Have a happy Sunday!

My wife was just 18 years 3 months when we married. She didn't even know how to fry an egg. TS

My wife was 18 years and 6 months old when I married her. When I ask permission her father flatly stated 'hell no'. 'You ain't taking my cook!'

She is still an excellent cook and can make a fine meal in very little time. I got lucky.

I'm nowhere near the ot2 her guy. I'm more southern flavors. He has all the French and creole background. He is super talented. I have stuff I've learned from both grandmothers and mom and stepmom I use frequently.
I love both, so it would not matter. The only thing wrong with some french food is that it is already half digested. I like to chew and digest on my own.

Working in Sales and Marketing I got to sample some of the world best food at no expense to me. It is hard to figure out what is best.

But after all this time and all the good food I have tasted W2R; your Southern flavors used by Mom and Grandma are still my favored. My Mom made the best fried chicken I have ever had and her biscuits were to die for. She had a 'biscuit bowl' full of "Silver Mist" flour. She would make a hole in the flour with her hands. For just the family she would pour in 2 cups of butter milk (home made) and then add the baking powder and other stuff. She would mix them with her hand until they 'felt' right. Pick up the whole ball and roll them out. She used a 303 can to cut them. Oh my to have them again, especially on Mom's kitchen table.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Clear. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 62. Weight=225.
  • Likes applied.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • No energy.
  • Two off days in a row.
  • #3 on summer leave for 2 weeks.
    • Can't pass the pushups test
    • I'm dismayed
    • Just not strong enough for the Rangers
    • This info coming from his brother, #1
  • I was an immature little shiz when I was 21 years old, but I was married and earning for the 2 of us.
  • Hope the sicks ones are getting better.
  • Have a good day.

I love both, so it would not matter. The only thing wrong with some french food is that it is already half digested. I like to chew and digest on my own.

Working in Sales and Marketing I got to sample some of the world best food at no expense to me. It is hard to figure out what is best.

But after all this time and all the good food I have tasted W2R; your Southern flavors used by Mom and Grandma are still my favored. My Mom made the best fried chicken I have ever had and her biscuits were to die for. She had a 'biscuit bowl' full of "Silver Mist" flour. She would make a hole in the flour with her hands. For just the family she would pour in 2 cups of butter milk (home made) and then add the baking powder and other stuff. She would mix them with her hand until they 'felt' right. Pick up the whole ball and roll them out. She used a 303 can to cut them. Oh my to have them again, especially on Mom's kitchen table.
I feel the same way about my mom's cooking. All Southern cuizine. Pork chops, chicken, those homemade buttermilk biscuits you described, etc. Oh, the gravy. Farm girl.

Morning folks. Drinking Peets Coffee, it's a medium roast called "Big Bang". Very high level of caffeine. I can feel a 16oz mug of it when I get done.

I should be sitting here smelling bacon cooking this morning and hearing eggs sizzling in the skillet. I'll probably eat a chicken thigh for breakfast. I have plenty.

Gloat moment: Around 7:45 am, during my usual one hour walk around our area, I found $3.35, including two $1 coins. $3.24 of the haul was located in one place. Somebody, somewhere, is missing their extra change this morning.

/end gloating.

Mother in-law's 80th birthday today. We're driving about 50 miles from here to my sister in-law's place near the town of Bertram. They own a ranch with 20 head of cattle.

Y'all be good.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Clear. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 62. Weight=225.
  • Likes applied.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • No energy.
  • Two off days in a row.
  • #3 on summer leave for 2 weeks.
    • Can't pass the pushups test
    • I'm dismayed
    • Just not strong enough for the Rangers
    • This info coming from his brother, #1
  • I was an immature little shiz when I was 21 years old, but I was married and earning for the 2 of us.
  • Hope the sicks ones are getting better.
  • Have a good day.

I was responsible at 18 in terms of working steady and not doing (much) crazy stuff any more. I was dumb as a rock though (but didn't know it at the time).

I think it is a very rare breed who can successfully pull off getting into special forces. Many try and most fail. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Last edited:
Gloat moment: Around 7:45 am, during my usual one hour walk around our area, I found $3.35, including two $1 coins. $3.24 of the haul was located in one place. Somebody, somewhere, is missing their extra change this morning.

/end gloating.

Mother in-law's 80th birthday today. We're driving about 50 miles from here to my sister in-law's place near the town of Bertram. They own a ranch with 20 head of cattle.

Y'all be good.

Sounds more like you took your "Help a Hungry Vet" sign with you this morning.

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning" was a line that reminded me of Joseph Heller of Catch-22. I always felt that who ever was advising them on that movie was jerking them around or dealing with crap in his own way. The smell and results of napalm up close may freeze in your brain but loving it would mean you're ready for the looney bin. Of course war does have that effect. Hell, now I'm confused.

I was responsible at 18 in terms of working steady and not doing (much) crazy stuff any more. I was dumb as a rock though (but didn't know it at the time).

I think it is a very rare breed who can successfully pull off getting into special forces. Many try and most fail. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Rare breed indeed and this reminds me of a guy I went through SERE training with, He was a bit older than most of us. He had been an Army Ranger and then joined the navy and took SEAL training. He had made it all the way through and during a diving tank exercise his ear drum busted. That washed him out of the SEALS. One of the best our nation has to offer missed that cut. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about. In fact even getting selected to try out is something pretty special in my mind.

Rare breed indeed and this reminds me of a guy I went through SERE training with, He was a bit older than most of us. He had been an Army Ranger and then joined the navy and took SEAL training. He had made it all the way through and during a diving tank exercise his ear drum busted. That washed him out of the SEALS. One of the best our nation has to offer missed that cut. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about. In fact even getting selected to try out is something pretty special in my mind.

Yup.

Don, I see you made the mistake of wandering over to NOB. Most (not all) of those guys have a very low opinion of the D-League. Probably better off just lurking there.if interested.
It was a mistake I made. I wasn't paying attention when I posted. I thought I was in this thread. Before I could amend it I was quoted and replied to. I'm not going to bother those guys. I understand.

My wife was just 18 years 3 months when we married. She didn't even know how to fry an egg. TS
I did have an advantage - I was 18 yr 11 mo when I got married; but I had been the oldest in a single mom family. Of necessity Mom had to work a lot, and I was home with the siblings. So, I had to learn pretty young to cook. Of course, I always wanted to cook from the time I was old enough to see over the counter.

afternoon, D
overslept a bit this morning, so didn't get a chance to read; just now catching up
Don - wouldn't worry bout your inadvertent post. Ish happens
Hope everyone is well
Bkocats, I will second the ish happens take. I have a serious question to ask you though and expect you take your time answering it. Ok, I guess I don't have a question, let alone a serious one. I was thinking for a second or two though, right?

I asked Granny for her recipe for something or another one time, and she said "aw, honey, I don't have one, it's just put and taste."

She was 14 when she and Granddaddy got married in 1910. He was 18. They had $100 and a cow when they got married. Their son was born exactly nine months later. He graduated from Mississippi State. Uncle Houston.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT