ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Why is an "exit" not called an "onsit"? Looking forward, you're getting ons it. Exit seems like a pessimistic word.

I saw (maybe on here) that the average person urinates 7 times per day. IF everyone went first thing in the morning in the shower instead of the commode it would save something like 127 billion gallons of fresh water annually. I would love to ask Al Gore if he does his ecological duty. I do....do you?
George Carlin?

missing Indiana 2nd grade school teacher happens to be one of my best friends daughter. Just seen her and my friends in Canada. She was very happy and full of life. Hope all works out ok on this..
prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow (u know what means uuuugggh!)
wife and I rode about a 200 mile round trip on bike yesterday..nice ride.
lots of projects finished so far this year.
garden is looking good
watched 10 Cloverfield Lane movie Sunday...odd...very odd
Looks like Ramsey WILL BE the fall guy...Jurich and the weasel seem to be safe for now...SMDH!

Read the post all the time I was OOC....Glad to be able to chime in again..Thanks Uncle Jed
Welcome back!

What was the first concert (pop, rock) concert you went to? For me, it was Joe Walsh and the James Gang. Wildest concert experience --- Goose Creek Symphony and Jethro Tull
my first concert was Sammy Hagar; actually saw him twice. The 2nd time was at Rupp in March of 1985. Funny thing about that was I went to that concert on a double date with my now husband. He went with his girlfriend, I went with my boyfriend.
Bon Jovi was my next concert in 89 -

Good morning
Just got home. My mom is in the hospital; she went to the ER with elevated blood pressure, dizziness and shortness of breath. While bloodwork and EKG were fine they admitted her for further tests later this morning. We left the hospital after she finally got into a room, at about 2 am. thank goodness that hubby was able to leave work to see to our youngest and get everyone home. My dad is disabled, and today, of all days, his van (which is handicap accessible) was being repaired, so he couldn't go with my mother, so my aunt, her youngest sister, too her.. Could use some prayers/positive vibes for her.

I took my aunt home after; she lives in a gated apartment complex. When we pulled in, we noticed an elderly gentleman sitting on the ground next to his walker under a street light. Poor man was confused and lost; said he took a shower and decided to go for a walk. He fell (I believe he got tired) and couldn't get up. We got him up, and offered to take him home - but he couldn't remember where he lived. The longer we were with him, the more confused he got. Such a sweet man - felt so badly for him. Ended up calling 911 for assistance. He did know his name, but that was it. They got EMS over to take him to the hospital for evaluation. There was no family or anyone close by to call. Finally left there about quarter till four.

Have to be up about 8:30 am - have to pick up my youngests' meds, take my older boy to work then run some necessary errands, then go back to the hospital and find out what's going on with Mom.

Good morning
Just got home. My mom is in the hospital; she went to the ER with elevated blood pressure, dizziness and shortness of breath. While bloodwork and EKG were fine they admitted her for further tests later this morning. We left the hospital after she finally got into a room, at about 2 am. thank goodness that hubby was able to leave work to see to our youngest and get everyone home. My dad is disabled, and today, of all days, his van (which is handicap accessible) was being repaired, so he couldn't go with my mother, so my aunt, her youngest sister, too her.. Could use some prayers/positive vibes for her.

I took my aunt home after; she lives in a gated apartment complex. When we pulled in, we noticed an elderly gentleman sitting on the ground next to his walker under a street light. Poor man was confused and lost; said he took a shower and decided to go for a walk. He fell (I believe he got tired) and couldn't get up. We got him up, and offered to take him home - but he couldn't remember where he lived. The longer we were with him, the more confused he got. Such a sweet man - felt so badly for him. Ended up calling 911 for assistance. He did know his name, but that was it. They got EMS over to take him to the hospital for evaluation. There was no family or anyone close by to call. Finally left there about quarter till four.

Have to be up about 8:30 am - have to pick up my youngests' meds, take my older boy to work then run some necessary errands, then go back to the hospital and find out what's going on with Mom.
Sorry to hear. Best wishes. Get well soon.

We are getting quite dry here. Was good 2-3 weeks ago for farmers to get hay done. But now need rain for the hay to grow again for another cutting. My yard us turning brown.

Had a huge to do list for the summer. It has dwindled. That feels good.

Good morning

The D-League saving lives!

Thunder is rolling. No mow.

I have the next 9 days or so to mow the yard, trim the hedges, mulch some trees, edge the sidewalk and driveway, and trim the trees that are next to the house. Wife is going to NC for a week or so to visit with her remaining family. I no longer have to accompany her on these trips due to her family being a split of UNC and Duke fans. I love her.

Morning y'all. My 9yr old daughter plays softball, 2nd year. First year of live arm. So the whole team has been adapting to the live arm but they were spoiled by the pitching machine. Most of them didn't even swing at the ball. All year I have told my daughter that when she would rip it down 3rd base, I would know she was past the point of just wanting a walk. Well, last night she ripped it down 3rd base. I was coaching third and I went nuts as did the crowd. They gave her game ball. Still pumped about it this morning. FCC.

• Good Morning, posters and lurkers.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • Blood Sugar = 86. Weight = 226.
  • Likes applied.
  • Prayers for Bev's mom. Probably just needs a tuneup.
  • Bev saved a life. That's the spirit.
  • 79º in Johns Creek. Perfect. VFR.
  • Tom Leach Show. NBA draft tomorrow.
  • Glad to get 55 and stevo back in the DL.
  • Found that one rib from Saturday night in the fridge last night. Cold and delicious. Saved my own life.
  • Lawn service did their deal yesterday. Looks great.
  • That's it.

steam-locomotive-4-mural-700.gif

Big old girl.

In response to Derek Willis will survive thread

First I was afraid I was petrified ,
then I laid down in the street kinda on my side

I spent most of the night knocking back drinks and hitting a bong
And I grew strong , learned how to drive way stoned

And know I'm in the back , of a car with lights from outer space
I'm sitting here, with a sad look on my face

I should have never drove, damn glad I lost my keys
If I known for one second, I'd woulda stayed in bullet county

Last edited:
Morning to the D gents and lady, at least what is left of it. BK, I am sending good thoughts your moms way. Uncle Jed, I never tried golf, did play a bunch of softball (fast pitch) and this Ohio River Valley at one time had some very competitive leagues. I can't stay awake long enough to watch a game anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT