ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Had mine taken out about 2 years ago. Doctor did a great job, minimal pain and recovered quickly.

But.......(and I'm trying to figure out how to say this politely), it took about 6 months before I got back to some "regularity." Let's just say that I found it was in my best interest to stay fairly close to a decent bathroom after I ate a big meal or anything with much fat in it. But the severe pain I experienced with gall stones is gone---and that was a bitch.

Morning to the D gents and lady, at least what is left of it. BK, I am sending good thoughts your moms way. Uncle Jed, I never tried golf, did play a bunch of softball (fast pitch) and this Ohio River Valley at one time had some very competitive leagues. I can't stay awake long enough to watch a game anymore.
We are in the midst of a slow period until football starts in September. Then BBM next and basketball. Hang in here with the faithful DL posters.

Last edited:
Had mine taken out about 2 years ago. Doctor did a great job, minimal pain and recovered quickly.

But.......(and I'm trying to figure out how to say this politely), it took about 6 months before I got back to some "regularity." Let's just say that I found it was in my best interest to stay fairly close to a decent bathroom after I ate a big meal or anything with much fat in it. But the severe pain I experienced with gall stones is gone---and that was a bitch.
Thank you for that information. Did your bowel movements return to normal?

Just had a conversation with a friend that made me smile. Her dad survived WW2 while fighting as a Marine in the Pacific to die of cancer when he was just 36. A preacher came by in his suit to pass along some scripture and pray with him.

I remember him building a wooden boat in his basement and while the preacher was praying over him, he said "Let's go fishing."The preacher went home changed from his suit to jeans and off they went. That is after they removed a few bricks from the basement wall because the boat was too big to get out. They spent the day on the lake and the preacher told my friend and her mother that their husband and father had the most faith of any man he had ever met. "Let's go fishing." Yep, it makes me smile.

Last edited:
Just had a conversation with a friend that made me smile. Her dad survived WW2 while fighting as a Marine in the Pacific to die of cancer when he was just 36. A preacher came by in his suit to pass alog some scripture and pray with him.

I remember him building a wooden boat in his basement and while the preacher was praying over him, he said "Let's go fishing."The preacher went home changed from his suit to jeans and off they went. That is after they removed a few bricks from the basement wall because the boat was to big to get out. They spent the day on the lake and the preacher told my friend and her mother that their husband and father had the most faith of any man he had ever met. "Let's go fishing." Yep, it makes me smile.

UKFred in da house!!!

Love your post Fred. And just in case I havn't said it before, thank-you for your service. Let's go fishing...perfect. Fred, I hope you don't mind if I use that.

Bko, how's your mom.

I know a man who taught 12 other men how to fish, fish for people. Let's go fishing as we are saving lives.
FCC.

• Has anyone had their gall bladder removed?
  • How long did it take for you to recover from start to resuming normal activity?
  • How did the lack of having a gall bladder affect you?
  • How do you feel now?
  • Mine hurts all of the time.
Both my parents had theirs removed
Some things they have learned since then

Beans tear them up more than before. Trying to break them down causes severe cramps, gas , and lose stools
If they eat them they make sure to soak them longer than normal

Also onions and bell peppers They have found if they sweat or char the peppers first and peel the skin it is not as bad. Then add them to whatever dish

They both like to treat themselves to catfish on Friday nights. Every time it's the same thing. Fried food tears them up and both are taking turns on the bathroom. You would think they learn their lesson by now. Lol

Both my parents had theirs removed
Some things they have learned since then

Beans tear them up more than before. Trying to break them down causes severe cramps, gas , and lose stools
If they eat them they make sure to soak them longer than normal

Also onions and bell peppers They have found if they sweat or char the peppers first and peel the skin it is not as bad. Then add them to whatever dish

They both like to treat themselves to catfish on Friday nights. Every time it's the same thing. Fried food tears them up and both are taking turns on the bathroom. You would think they learn their lesson by now. Lol
Damn it to Hell.

Don, you have to get that looked at RIGHT NOW. Otherwise maybe it could rupture or something. Get it looked at now might prevent surgery or a ride in the ambulance. FCC.
It has been looked at, and my gall bladder is full of gall stones. I do need to have it removed right away. I was going to do it myself in my shop, but QB won't do it.

Good morning
Just got home. My mom is in the hospital; she went to the ER with elevated blood pressure, dizziness and shortness of breath. While bloodwork and EKG were fine they admitted her for further tests later this morning. We left the hospital after she finally got into a room, at about 2 am. thank goodness that hubby was able to leave work to see to our youngest and get everyone home. My dad is disabled, and today, of all days, his van (which is handicap accessible) was being repaired, so he couldn't go with my mother, so my aunt, her youngest sister, too her.. Could use some prayers/positive vibes for her.

I took my aunt home after; she lives in a gated apartment complex. When we pulled in, we noticed an elderly gentleman sitting on the ground next to his walker under a street light. Poor man was confused and lost; said he took a shower and decided to go for a walk. He fell (I believe he got tired) and couldn't get up. We got him up, and offered to take him home - but he couldn't remember where he lived. The longer we were with him, the more confused he got. Such a sweet man - felt so badly for him. Ended up calling 911 for assistance. He did know his name, but that was it. They got EMS over to take him to the hospital for evaluation. There was no family or anyone close by to call. Finally left there about quarter till four.

Have to be up about 8:30 am - have to pick up my youngests' meds, take my older boy to work then run some necessary errands, then go back to the hospital and find out what's going on with Mom.
Best wishes for everything to be ok

And now what you all have all been waiting for:

p01420.jpg

Last edited:
Don father, is that one of those new fangled gadgets people are calling trains? We got one that comes by at milking time and scares the cows. Milking time hasn't been the same since those things started coming around.
You live too close to the main line. You were just a little kid when 'ol 1626 was working.

Now I seem to have drifted back into time and a run in with a train pops up, thanks, Donfather.
Anyway I was maybe 13 or headed that way when I used to take my twenty two single shot and hunt rabbits.
I used to walk up on a railroad bridge over the bottoms I hunted and catch rabbits sitting and get off a few shots from up there.

Sometimes I would get caught on the bridge when a train came across. For some reason there were barrels attached to the out side of the bridge and I would climb in them until the train crossed the bridge, Other then being shaken it was no problem. Except one time when I got caught too far out to get off in the winter. Ever climbed into a barrel of ice water hanging over the side of a bridge with a train going by? To make things worse I had just shot a rabbit sitting just out side a bunch of brush, By the time I took my frozen butt down to the spot, all I saw were blood tracks going into the brush. Some fox had got my supper.

Last edited:
It has been looked at, and my gall bladder is full of gall stones. I do need to have it removed right away. I was going to do it myself in my shop, but QB won't do it.

I had emergency gall bladder surgery last year. Still not quite comfortable, have IBS symptoms quite often. Fatty foods are awful for me. Can't eat anything remotely spicy. Heck, even coffee sometimes causes multiple trips to the WC
But on the other hand - I'm not in pain. I did recover from the surgery itself quickly enough - went to ER at 4:30 in the morning, was able to have the surgery at 11, and was home by 3pm. Off work for 2 weeks though. No incision or side pain at that point.
Everyone recovers differently; women vs men, age, health status, etc.

afternoon folks
Long day - got up at 8:30 this morning and have been running all day. Just got home a bit ago
Most of Mom's tests are coming back ok - normal range. She had a stress test earlier this afternoon, and we're waiting on results. Big concern that her blood pressures are fluctuating so much, and so high; she spiked at 196/104. Plus, she's having a lot of issues with exercise induced SOA - another huge concern. Now, we just wait and see
Appreciate all the prayers and good wishes.

good news - stress test came back normal too
there are no heart issues; but she IS under an incredible amount of stress
Mom is home now. Exhausted though - she's going to sleep as much as she can. Her 68th b'day is Friday, I'm hoping she'll feel well enough to enjoy her day.
Thanks again, all

Damn it to Hell.
Don, I had mine removed in 1981, the old way with a ten inch scar and two tubes because one stone was in the common duct. I was in the hospital 9 days. That was long before laparoscopy.

Bottom line is I don't really think about it. I am confident it has made differences in my guts but it has not slowed me down yet.

Edit: I note that most have horrible times after the surgery. Maybe mine was so long ago I don't remember life without one. However, the bottom line is my life is much better without the damned thing.

Last edited:
  • Love beans
  • Love onions
  • Love Bell peppers
  • Love fried catfish
  • LHM

Don, I eat cheese and raw onions about half the time for breakfast. NO PROBLEMS. I eat beans NO PROBLEMS. I eat Bell peppers NO PROBLEMS. I eat fried catfish NO PROBLEMS.

It may totally mess you up but it does not me. It is better than having a gal bladder.

Don, I eat cheese and raw onions about half the time for breakfast. NO PROBLEMS. I eat beans NO PROBLEMS. I eat Bell peppers NO PROBLEMS. I eat fried catfish NO PROBLEMS.

It may totally mess you up but it does not me. It is better than having a gal bladder.
Thanks for sharing some good news about it. It made me feel better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT