ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Well, assuming we don't kill ourselves and the species goes extinct (most likely) and that were are capable of moving on before the sun expands in 5 billion years. Then yes, assuming the universe has no bounds, then we would have that amount of time before the universe expanded to the point that based on current knowledge, it ends in a long, slow decline known as the big freeze. In this scenario, the universe continues expanding and gradually runs down to a state of zero thermodynamic free energy in which it is unable to sustain motion or life. Eventually, over a time scale of a hundred trillion years or so, it would reach a state of maximum entropy at a temperature of very close to absolute zero, where the universe simply becomes too cold to sustain life, and all that would remain are burned-out stars, cold dead planets and black holes.

Well, thanks for giving us something else to worry about!

Well, assuming we don't kill ourselves and the species goes extinct (most likely) and that were are capable of moving on before the sun expands in 5 billion years. Then yes, assuming the universe has no bounds, then we would have that amount of time before the universe expanded to the point that based on current knowledge, it ends in a long, slow decline known as the big freeze. In this scenario, the universe continues expanding and gradually runs down to a state of zero thermodynamic free energy in which it is unable to sustain motion or life. Eventually, over a time scale of a hundred trillion years or so, it would reach a state of maximum entropy at a temperature of very close to absolute zero, where the universe simply becomes too cold to sustain life, and all that would remain are burned-out stars, cold dead planets and black holes.
So much for global warming

300px-Artois_1623_patagon_obv_JElsen_115-702.jpg

Typical Monday of work. Church league softball game tonight. It's hot today. I don't like Monday's and they typically don't like me.

Still upset with our "do nothing" strategy against terrorism. I watched 13 hours over the weekend.
You know what I want to know. How many of these SOB's are on the US Gov teat? I have seen zero information about this one thing.

Last edited:
My trial was (and still is) with a bi-polar daughter (49 and lives with us now). She was different at a very early age. Bi-polar disorder was not even on the radar back then. She was extremely smart but school wanted to hold her back a year because of "immaturity" issues.It didn't happen and it would not have helped. Nobody mentioned suspicions that she might be bi-polar (I think they might catch that today). Crazy teenage years but we thought she would grow out of it. Nope. Wish we had known and maybe have gotten her some help when she was young. She went to a church youth camp one year and the counselor told me (get this) that he thought she was demon-possessed!

Lordy mercy. She's been married and divorced three times (Lord only knows how many shackups) She was homeless for more than five years, with us not knowing where she was. We just waited for the phone call telling us she was dead.

She finally came in out of the cold and has lived with us for the last two years. Successfully got off meth cold turkey and walks out of the room if something about drugs comes on television. She's very ashamed about her past life. She takes her meds regularly now and sees a psychiatrist monthly and is doing well - easy to live with. She cannot function in society however. I thank God she's back.

*Another sad Paddock story. Peel the covers back and many of us have some.
Your post has been eating at me since I read it. I don't know exactly how to reply except to say that I know the Hell that you are in over this. May God hold you all in his loving arms to help you cope. I am so sorry that y'all have had to deal with this.

Today marks the 15th anniversary that Andrea Yates drowned her children. That case has disturbed me more than any other. Reread the case history just now. I cannot believe the woman's husband allowed and did what he did; he's more to blame than she was, IMO - she was psychotic and he knew it

Feeling nothing will be done about terrorism until there is a major change in the Oval office. Hubby has his CCW; I will have mine soon. Be vigilant

On a positive - watching Auburn @ UK basketball, 2015 on ESPN Classic

Today marks the 15th anniversary that Andrea Yates drowned her children. That case has disturbed me more than any other. Reread the case history just now. I cannot believe the woman's husband allowed and did what he did; he's more to blame than she was, IMO - she was psychotic and he knew it

Feeling nothing will be done about terrorism until there is a major change in the Oval office. Hubby has his CCW; I will have mine soon. Be vigilant

On a positive - watching Auburn @ UK basketball, 2015 on ESPN Classic
That was a truly horrible crime by a criminally insane person. He husband looked normal, but I have my doubts about him even. He was a goose. Five darling innocent little kids.

Your post has been eating at me since I read it. I don't know exactly how to reply except to say that I know the Hell that you are in over this. May God hold you all in his loving arms to help you cope. I am so sorry that y'all have had to deal with this.

Thanks Don. All I was attempting to say was that most every family has its tragedies of varying degrees if truth be told. My wife has been the true long-suffering saint in dealing with all this. Unbelievable love and patience. Moms are truly great. As I said, it has turned out waaaay better than I ever expected - for which I truly thank God. There are no foolproof formulas for making your kids' lives work out seamlessly.

I got a blogger account. I transferred my pictures into my blogger account (copy and paste).

1 When I log into my blogger account, how do I find the pictures I transferred there? (I didn't see how to get to them).

2 How do I get them to transfor here? I tried to "copy" the picture but it doesn't paste on here.

Thanks.
Which internet browser are you using?

Log into your Blogger. You should see the number of posts made. In your case, I'd estimate 1 or 2. On the right, click on "View Blog". A separate window or tab should open.

Hover your mouse over the picture you want to copy. Right-click and click either Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer) or Copy image location (Firefox).

Paste the link into a post here.

My meal at Hattie B's in Nashville a couple months ago.

HattieBs.JPG

When I start getting stressed about a bunch of really irrelevant day-to-day issues, I read about someone else's difficult challenge and it makes me realize how fortunate I am. Thoughts and prayers to all of you facing those difficult challenges. You have my utmost respect for just accepting the challenge and taking responsibility when the easier path would simply walk away.

Respect.

That's a lot of big ifs. I can see us progressing to the point we build a large spacecraft capable of traveling through space and sustaining multiple generations of humans. Whether they ever find a place to inhabit is extremely unlikely.

Nothing lasts forever.

And that is what people struggle with. We have not always been here (our species has been around about 200,000 years as homo sapiens are new to this earth) and to think we will be here millions of years is hard to believe.

I can accept being mortal, so we enjoy what we have and make the best of it.

Which internet browser are you using?

Log into your Blogger. You should see the number of posts made. In your case, I'd estimate 1 or 2. On the right, click on "View Blog". A separate window or tab should open.

Hover your mouse over the picture you want to copy. Right-click and click either Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer) or Copy image location (Firefox).

Paste the link into a post here.

My meal at Hattie B's in Nashville a couple months ago.

HattieBs.JPG

I'll drink to that.

I have the Chrome browser.

Getting ready to go out of town a few days. I'll give this a shot. I'll read but probably won't be posting for a few days. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT