ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I think I may walk down to he beach in a bit. Slept terrible last night. This condo was hot as hell until about 5 AM.

Haven't paid much attention to the night club shooting. Stupid.

Saw the Derrick Willis news. He needs to get his shit together. I realize that I am probably in a small minority, but I didn't touch alcohol until it was legal & ive never passed out drunk from it. What kind of friends does he have that they left him there passed out?

Get better friends. Make better choices.

I think I may walk down to he beach in a bit. Slept terrible last night. This condo was hot as hell until about 5 AM.

Haven't paid much attention to the night club shooting. Stupid.

Saw the Derrick Willis news. He needs to get his shit together. I realize that I am probably in a small minority, but I didn't touch alcohol until it was legal & ive never passed out drunk from it. What kind of friends does he have that they left him there passed out?

Get better friends. Make better choices.

I didn't get, um, incapacitated until legal - but I did have a drink here and there prior to being 21. Mostly being allowed a small glass of wine with dinner. Once or twice a beer, I think.

But as to friends, I agree. That mugshot showed he was completely out of it.

Having moved away from my hometown in the late 80's, there are lots of old friends I haven't seen in decades. Along with another expatriate, we both were in Hopkinsville this weekend and connected in advance with a bunch of old high school friends to see if they would join us at a local Wings place. They did--about 15 of us just reconnecting, haven't seen several of these guys since high school.

Great evening and opportunity to catch up and see where their lives have taken them. Different stories, some harder than others--but everyone there seems to have made it through pretty well.

Got up this morning and something had absolutely shredded a large groundhog in my side yard, and eaten a good chunk of it. No wild dogs in our very suburban area. I've seen a fox or two, but would be surprised if a fox could have done this much damage. I've gotten a few glimpses of a coyote loping through the neighborhood when I've come home late at night. That'd be my guess.

Anyway, I had to get rid of the already stinking carcass -- my wife and daughter were totally freaking out and demanding manly action. So I shoveled it into a garbage bag, then wrapped that inside a woven sack that had come from Fed Ex a couple days ago with a rug my wife ordered online. Then I drove to a local county dump, slipped it out the back of my van and hauled ass -- only to realize the sack probably had my mailing address on it. In the Nanny County where I live, illegal dumping is probably a Class One felony.

Got up this morning and something had absolutely shredded a large groundhog in my side yard, and eaten a good chunk of it. No wild dogs in our very suburban area. I've seen a fox or two, but would be surprised if a fox could have done this much damage. I've gotten a few glimpses of a coyote loping through the neighborhood when I've come home late at night. That'd be my guess.

Anyway, I had to get rid of the already stinking carcass -- my wife and daughter were totally freaking out and demanding manly action. So I shoveled it into a garbage bag, then wrapped that inside a woven sack that had come from Fed Ex a couple days ago with a rug my wife ordered online. Then I drove to a local county dump, slipped it out the back of my van and hauled ass -- only to realize the sack probably had my mailing address on it. In the Nanny County where I live, illegal dumping is probably a Class One felony.
Call me if you need my help. 404-867-5309.:)

Having moved away from my hometown in the late 80's, there are lots of old friends I haven't seen in decades. Along with another expatriate, we both were in Hopkinsville this weekend and connected in advance with a bunch of old high school friends to see if they would join us at a local Wings place. They did--about 15 of us just reconnecting, haven't seen several of these guys since high school.

Great evening and opportunity to catch up and see where their lives have taken them. Different stories, some harder than others--but everyone there seems to have made it through pretty well.

How many of them had to tell you who they are before you recognized them?

Call me if you need my help. 404-867-5309.:)

I got arrested when I was 16 for going 85 in a 35 MPH zone. Tossed me into the drunk tank. (I wasn't drinking - just racing). Cops called my Dad (who was as drunk as a skunk when they called) and told him to bring $12.75 to pay my fine and get me out (that was the fine for speeding back then). He said he wasn't going to do it and that I could just "lay it out in jail." So they took me upstairs to the main cell block. The thing I remember clearly was that our drinking cup was a Pet Milk can with the top removed. About 10 guys showed up outside the jail yelling up to me and laughing like crazy (the word that I was in jail got around fast). After a few hours my Dad showed up, still drunk, and got me out. I still remember him telling the cops, "By God, you may get me for reckless walking, but you ain't gonna get me for speeding!"

Oh, this episode was the end of my life of crime.

I may remember a city cop getting pulled over twice in the same week for speeding by a female state trooper. I may remember it being on my way to work still in civies and driving a pretty quick Mustang. I may remember a police chief being pretty whizzed off.

Last edited:
evening
have missed a lot today - wifi has been going in and out, and when in was painfully slow
finally got it fixed - I think
anyway - hope all are well
heading to bed - best to everyone
Our wireless has been going out more often since we received the upgrades from Time Warner about 1 month ago. They upgraded our modem/router. Performance was rock solid prior thereto. Go figure.

12800-00001-000008-030.jpg

This photograph was made in 1872.

Morning gentlemen and lady of the D. I have so many projects I want to work on today that just thinking about them has me wanting to take a nap. I think that I out think myself and create more work than I would if I just went and did it without thinking.

Not sure if that makes sense, maybe I threw something out of place in my head when I jerked it getting away from the Donfathers trains?

Morning gentlemen and lady of the D. I have so many projects I want to work on today that just thinking about them has me wanting to take a nap. I think that I out think myself and create more work than I would if I just went and did it without thinking.

Not sure if that makes sense, maybe I threw something out of place in my head when I jerked it getting away from the Donfathers trains?
:confused:

Sorry to get political but until our president decides to get serious about Isis and radical Islam (but he won't) we will face the threat of an attack every single day. They are not the "Jv" squad as he put it. They are savages and want us dead. We need to treat them as such. They wanna meet their Allah? We need to arrange the meeting. How many more innocent people need to die before they decide to do anything?

Hint: taking our guns away from us is not the answer.

Sorry my rant is over.

Sorry to get political but until our president decides to get serious about Isis and radical Islam (but he won't) we will face the threat of an attack every single day. They are not the "Jv" squad as he put it. They are savages and want us dead. We need to treat them as such. They wanna meet their Allah? We need to arrange the meeting. How many more innocent people need to die before they decide to do anything?

Sorry my rant is over.

Wonder if the shooter is with X many virgins and all that hogwash. Nuke 'em till they glow. Hell with it. Take them out bigtime with no apologies. FCC.

Sorry my rant is over.
Revoke and deport.

:confused::confused::confused::popcorn::popcorn::confused::gun::uzi::uzi:
I have no idea what these things mean, sort of the same way with all the hate shootings. Except I do know that doing nothing isn't working. I hate lumping a complete group together by the actions of some of the people that belong to it. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

My answer is pretty straight forward and simple, if a group can't control others in it, then other measures must be taken. The most extreme would be to treat them all as possible threats. In other words if any one race or religion cause trouble. wipe them all at, nuke them. That leaves the question, who would be left.

Yes I know my ramblings are idiotic but isn't the entire hate thing? This is also a very long winded way of saying I have no clue of what should be done. I can really only worry about how to keep me and my own out of harms way. Maybe I need a drink or nap, maybe both?

Wonder if the shooter is with X many virgins and all that hogwash. Nuke 'em till they glow. Hell with it. Take them out bigtime with no apologies. FCC.
[laughing] ouch!

My idea back in 2001 was to execute the entire family of any terrorist that bombed innocent people. If they knew we were going to kill their mama and their goats, they might not be so likely to blow themselves up.

My other great idea was to bomb them with cinder blocks we made with their own sand. Think about it, 7,000 cinder blocks weighing 40lbs each falling from 20,000ft out of a B52. I bet it would make a hell of noise on the way down and when they hit. Save us a ton of money on missiles and bring us a little closer to their barbaric ways.

Cleaning up after their bombs and shootings and then discussing "why" they did it has gotten way too old. Time to do some proactive terrorism on our own. We could make them fear us, but we're to chickenshit to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT