ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I have a theory about that destruction of the family system and lack of teaching basic liked skills which only helps the government gain more and more power as citizens need more and more assistance for *everything*.

Give a man a fish or teach him to fish, or whatever. We give fish away no problem, but we don't help people catch their own because that won't benefit the fish catching business.....and also, it's dangerous ;). I think fear is used a lot to scare people from learning to do things on their own. It's easier and safer that way.

I have a theory about that destruction of the family system and lack of teaching basic liked skills which only helps the government gain more and more power as citizens need more and more assistance for *everything*.

Give a man a fish or teach him to fish, or whatever. We give fish away no problem, but we don't help people catch their own because that won't benefit the fish catching business.....and also, it's dangerous ;). I think fear is used a lot to scare people from learning to do things on their own. It's easier and safer that way.

I think this is pretty dead on. Nicely said

• Didn't learn the laundry thing until college. Mom stayed home and did all of that.
  • Did learn some basic cooking & mechanical skills.
  • Have always been willing to stand up for myself. I was small for my age, and took on some school bullies. Luckily, they backed down when a big crowd gathered. Once in Boy Scouts, I threatened to hit a bigger/older kid with a big stick. My dad was on the trip and heard about it the next morning. He said he wasn't surprised. I think he was proud.
  • I'm trying to teach my daughter & wife to stand up for themselves. My wife's ordeal from last summer ended in a settlement. It should've been better, but had I not intervened, there wouldn't even had been a settlement.
  • Don is right, kick 'em in the *****.
  • My stomach bile was green this morning.

hope you feel better

A Servant is a very important thing for a little princess to have!

Barbara has a running photo display of everything Anna has ordered her servant to do. In the past two weeks alone, I have been her stepstool, drum, horsie, elephant (she holds my ears), landing & launch pad, slide, and most importantly, food and beverage waiter. It is understood that I have Goldfish, cheese, and juice on hand at all times (she really doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, but she likes ice cream on occasion).

I was substitute teaching at Heath High School In 08 09, somewhere around there. Had the Ag class cause adm. said I was the only sub that could handle them. About a half dozed guys was picking on this guy that was small for his age. I called the leader to the side and asked him what was going on. He called the boys name and said he didn't mind. And I said, "That's what they thought about Michael Carneal too." I was pissed. Carneal was bullied to no end and he finally attempted to get even. He told several kids the previous day but no one believed him.

In my day, there would have been a fist fight somewhere down the road. Wish you could have seen the look on the face of the bully gang leader. It turned red. Tears coming down both of my cheeks. I put my hands firmly on his shoulders and said stop it, just stop it. That's all I can say right now. My wife and I had were youth leaders and had kids in the prayer circle on that day. Seems like it was yesterday. Gary

I was substitute teaching at Heath High School In 08 09, somewhere around there. Had the Ag class cause adm. said I was the only sub that could handle them. About a half dozed guys was picking on this guy that was small for his age. I called the leader to the side and asked him what was going on. He called the boys name and said he didn't mind. And I said, "That's what they thought about Michael Carneal too." I was pissed. Carneal was bullied to no end and he finally attempted to get even. He told several kids the previous day but no one believed him.

In my day, there would have been a fist fight somewhere down the road. Wish you could have seen the look on the face of the bully gang leader. It turned red. Tears coming down both of my cheeks. I put my hands firmly on his shoulders and said stop it, just stop it. That's all I can say right now. My wife and I had were youth leaders and had kids in the prayer circle on that day. Seems like it was yesterday. Gary
Some may not know what Michael Carneal did.

Below the hill I grew up on was a man who had boxed during the depression years and he got to see my first fight. I was around 8 and a bigger guy grabbed me and threw me down, An uncle of mine who was ten years older motioned for me to swing at him. I did and the big guy banged my nose and eye up pretty bad before he laughed and walked off.

The old boxer walked over and told me to get cleaned up and come back down the hill. I did and found myself in boxing gloves, old leather head gear and teeth guards which I'm sure had been used many times. Any way my lessons began and I stayed with the sport until I darn near got killed in a ring by getting too cocky around my sixth year in the navy. That is another story.

Word got around that I had lessons so I was never tried after that. Bar room brawls while in the navy usually were just that. Every now and then I was sober enough to use what I was taught. More often than not, I was too drunk to do anything but take a whooping.

9d0036bb-6adb-3df0-a3d0-c09ed1c1c22b

All of the smart guys gave me a lot of **** about my pictures of steam locomotives, but I get great pleasure of reminiscing about those years that these big things were working. Before interstate highways and before huge jetliners. I am glad that you enjoy them too.
My grandfather worked over 30 years for one of the railroads. I'm unsure which. I know he drew a railroad pension.

The train argument was so stupid. There's a segment of the thread that really prides itself on "posting good", whatever the shit that is. They acted as if the constant pictures, and other bullshit, reflected poorly on the thread like it was some kind of art. WELL NOW LOOK AT IT. smh.

Anyway, Spears lost his little brother in a car accident last night, and that's just awful.

The train argument was so stupid. There's a segment of the thread that really prides itself on "posting good", whatever the shit that is. They acted as if the constant pictures, and other bullshit, reflected poorly on the thread like it was some kind of art. WELL NOW LOOK AT IT. smh.

Anyway, Spears lost his little brother in a car accident last night, and that's just awful.
That is just awful tragic news. Condolences and prayers to the Spears family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT