ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Thanks for all the help with the missing big toe nails question I have now confronted. I am sure that some know that they were removed and sent to an unknown destination. Others don't so I will have a footnote (Yes that is on purpose) to explain that my big toenails, along with my sanity couldn't be buried with me for reasons too varied to describe on here.

Starchief, only us who have experienced this can understand worrying about them. I know they were no longer pink and beautiful and would never again be that way but just to rip them off and toss them in the trash, well it all just seems so barbaric.

You grandparents on here will get a kick out of this. My lady friend and her granddaughter stopped by my place when I got home from work. Anna is 3, but rules her serf (me) with an iron fist. Here's our one way conversation.

Anna: "Uncle Terry, why don't you have duckies?" (she inspected my bathroom when she got here). "Nana is going to get you some duckies when she goes to the store. You need 4 duckies" (she has 4 rubber ducks in her bathroom).

Now Nana had no idea she was going to get drafted to get me rubber duckies. And the only acceptable response from me was..."OK Anna, next time you're here, I will have some duckies".

I PITY the poor young man who desires to date her when she grows into teenhood

Guess I'm getting rubber ducks from Dollar Tree before she visits me next time!

• Home early.
  • Likes applied.
  • Ran a pawnshop once, and we had a watchmaker in a corner near the front door. He was 80 something. He had a vial in which he kept every nose hair of his that he was able to capture. It was the damnedest thing to collect.
  • The lawn service did their deal today. Everything looks very nice.
  • Hope y'all had a good day.
  • That's it.

You grandparents on here will get a kick out of this. My lady friend and her granddaughter stopped by my place when I got home from work. Anna is 3, but rules her serf (me) with an iron fist. Here's our one way conversation.

Anna: "Uncle Terry, why don't you have duckies?" (she inspected my bathroom when she got here). "Nana is going to get you some duckies when she goes to the store. You need 4 duckies" (she has 4 rubber ducks in her bathroom).

Now Nana had no idea she was going to get drafted to get me rubber duckies. And the only acceptable response from me was..."OK Anna, next time you're here, I will have some duckies".

Perfect.

Cute.

Gotta admit, Anna is the one female that I obey without question, without hesitation, and without delay. Her so-called birth father has denied her since she was born, but her mom ended up with a great guy who is raising Anna as his own. So Andy is her true father, and I'm her true servant. And neither one of us would have it any other way!

My one food regret is that I'm allergic to fresh tomatoes. Cooked is fine. Fresh 'maters will have me heaving for 3-4 hours at minimum.
Yeah, dang, fresh maters are the bomb. Sorry you have that allergy. I have a huge guy that works for me. The most peculiar eater ever though. Will not eat cheese unless it is on a pizza. Go figure. Won't eat a cheeseburger.

I took a "family living" class in my senior year of high school. My dad was pissed. He was a mans man and said no son of his was going to take "home ec". I explained to him, away from my mother, that the teacher of that class was the hottest teacher in school and that there were 25 girls and 5 guys in that class. He just laughed and said "oh, OK". I also pointed out that he didn't say anything about the typing class I took for the same reasons, except for the teacher.

I made my first beef stroganoff for that class and chose it specifically because it had wine in it. I was a renegade.

I took a "family living" class in my senior year of high school. My dad was pissed. He was a mans man and said no son of his was going to take "home ec". I explained to him, away from my mother, that the teacher of that class was the hottest teacher in school and that there were 25 girls and 5 guys in that class. He just laughed and said "oh, OK". I also pointed out that he didn't say anything about the typing class I took for the same reasons, except for the teacher.

I made my first beef stroganoff for that class and chose it specifically because it had wine in it. I was a renegade.
I didn't take typing because it was sissy, and I would never need to know how to type.

My best friend Duke and I took Home Ec our senior year just to meet girls. We were the only two guys in the entire class. Our 'finals' for the class was to make a complete meal and serve it within one hour. To this day I remember what my group made (we were Iron Chef BEFORE Iron Chef)

Entree: Mini Meat Loaves
Sides: Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Fried Cabbage
Appetizer: Bacon-wrapped venison bites (yeah, we could do that in Tennessee back in the 70's)
Dessert: German Chocolate Cake

We won the Blue Ribbon for Best Meal. Mindy Mabry did the meat loaves and venison bites, I did the cake, cabbage, and potatoes (I picked the smallest potatoes in the bag in order to boil them quicker). Forgot who boiled the corn, but I know Duke didn't do jack squat!

My best friend Duke and I took Home Ec our senior year just to meet girls. We were the only two guys in the entire class. Our 'finals' for the class was to make a complete meal and serve it within one hour. To this day I remember what my group made (we were Iron Chef BEFORE Iron Chef)

Entree: Mini Meat Loaves
Sides: Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Fried Cabbage
Appetizer: Bacon-wrapped venison bites (yeah, we could do that in Tennessee back in the 70's)
Dessert: German Chocolate Cake

We won the Blue Ribbon for Best Meal. Mindy Mabry did the meat loaves and venison bites, I did the cake, cabbage, and potatoes (I picked the smallest potatoes in the bag in order to boil them quicker). Forgot who boiled the corn, but I know Duke didn't do jack squat!
Ha Ha, that is SO Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT