ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I bought a dozen donuts this morning from the wal mart. They are good.

Good day for animals up here, too. The sun came out and the birds are out playing.

How cool would it be to be a bird for a day?
During my run this morning I saw a flight of about 15 Chesapeake geese come in very fast at a shallow angle and light onto the surface of a lake, scrubbing off the speed until they transition into swimming, all in a perfect formation they never broke.

Just got in from driver education for #5. That was session 2 by me. I taught his big brother to drive so I'll take this little job on with no problem. He's better than he was first time out. There is so much to learn now compared to when I learned how to do it. Scary.

While we were out I saw one of my old time tennis/fishing friends working in the flower bed. Stopped to say hello and shoot the breeze. It looks like his wife is in the final stages of Cancer. Poor thing. I didn't expect that. Sorry for her. They lost their son to brain Cancer years ago. That was too sad. Life is a bitch sometimes.

PanamaLimited.jpg

I used to ride this train when my daddy worked for the ICRR. We could ride it for free.I always wanted to eat in the dining car, but we didn't have money for that.

I pledge to sit on my social security for the rest of the day except for when I take this bunch out for Mexican.

What are y'all doing today?
I returned from the grocery store earlier. Worked in the yard a bit.

Currently updating Windows 7 64-bit on a 10 year-old Dell laptop I've owned since new (got it from previous employer). Crazy slow process. It's on update 144 of 173 and has been updating for the past 4 hours.

I'm going to write a book someday on me and my religious escapades. I'll title it "I'll Risk ONe Eye". Here's the original:

A pastor known for his hell-fire-and-brimstone sermons was preaching one Sunday morning. During the course of his sermon, he looked up to the choir loft and saw a woman standing so close to the rail that he could see up her skirt. In shock, he announces to the congregation, "There is a woman in the choir loft standing so close to the railing that you can see up her skirt. Anyone who turns around and looks will go blind." An old man in the front pew covers one eye, turns around and says, "I'll risk one eye!" R.K.

Here's my version: I usher on Communion Sunday. My station today was the right side exit next to the ministerial/evangelist stand. Our new sanctuary has the altar/stand elevated 4 feet from the floor. Two of our evangelists (and they HAD to be the two ladies in their 30's), were really into the sermon (with the obligatory shouts and jumps. When you're 4 feet above the floor and only 8 feet from the usher...yeah, your undies are going to be exposed each. and. every. time. I tried to NOT look...but I'm still a man at the end of the day. And yeah, I took notice that at least one was merciful and wore support pantyhose. The OTHER one was wearing white thigh-hi's and white lace panties. Yeah, there might be a good chance of me burning when my day on Earth is done!

I bought a dozen donuts this morning from the wal mart. They are good.

Good day for animals up here, too. The sun came out and the birds are out playing.

How cool would it be to be a bird for a day?

Yesterday between the rains, my wife and I took a Sunday afternoon drive on a Saturday afternoon and about four miles South of our house while we were just poking along at about 25 mph on a little country road a full size male pheasant calmly walked out of the woods, across the road and stopped in a yard and watched us go by.

That is the third one that I have seen in my 70 years here in South Central Kentucky. Rare.

That bird made my week.

Just finished a 29 mile round-trip hike with my 16 year-old son from a lake near our house down a nature trail called the Rock Creek Trail to the Washington, D.C. line. I'm give out, as the old folks used to say. (We did it over two days. Eventually we plan to walk trails all the way to Mt. Vernon and see George Washington's house.)

I pledge to sit on my social security for the rest of the day except for when I take this bunch out for Mexican.

What are y'all doing today?

I cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast, listened to some good old rock and roll and old country, sprayed the deck between the two buildings with bleach and soap to kill algae and mold. Man it works so wonderfully. In the process I jumped up two wasp nests and got them with raid wasp killer. I love to see them nose dive after they get a touch of that good stuff.

I am having my first Makers on the rocks in weeks due to my impending blood work on June 13th. I gotta get them liver enzymes down.

I cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast, listened to some good old rock and roll and old country, sprayed the deck between the two buildings with bleach and soap to kill algae and mold. Man it works so wonderfully. In the process I jumped up two wasp nests and got them with raid wasp killer. I love to see them nose dive after they get a touch of that good stuff.

I am having my first Makers on the rocks in weeks due to my impending blood work on June 13th. I gotta get them liver enzymes down.

I carry a can of wasp spray in my car for protection against people tempted to take on an old guy. I've heard it is better than mace.

I returned from the grocery store earlier. Worked in the yard a bit.

Currently updating Windows 7 64-bit on a 10 year-old Dell laptop I've owned since new (got it from previous employer). Crazy slow process. It's on update 144 of 173 and has been updating for the past 4 hours.
You are a patient man.

I'm going to write a book someday on me and my religious escapades. I'll title it "I'll Risk ONe Eye". Here's the original:

A pastor known for his hell-fire-and-brimstone sermons was preaching one Sunday morning. During the course of his sermon, he looked up to the choir loft and saw a woman standing so close to the rail that he could see up her skirt. In shock, he announces to the congregation, "There is a woman in the choir loft standing so close to the railing that you can see up her skirt. Anyone who turns around and looks will go blind." An old man in the front pew covers one eye, turns around and says, "I'll risk one eye!" R.K.

Here's my version: I usher on Communion Sunday. My station today was the right side exit next to the ministerial/evangelist stand. Our new sanctuary has the altar/stand elevated 4 feet from the floor. Two of our evangelists (and they HAD to be the two ladies in their 30's), were really into the sermon (with the obligatory shouts and jumps. When you're 4 feet above the floor and only 8 feet from the usher...yeah, your undies are going to be exposed each. and. every. time. I tried to NOT look...but I'm still a man at the end of the day. And yeah, I took notice that at least one was merciful and wore support pantyhose. The OTHER one was wearing white thigh-hi's and white lace panties. Yeah, there might be a good chance of me burning when my day on Earth is done!
I have a theory ......... God will forgive you. Jesus saved a murderer as I recall. You are safe.

As a kid I used to fight those big 'ol mahogany wasps at the barn with corn cobs. Do not try this at home. It is dangerous.

Just finished a 29 mile round-trip hike with my 16 year-old son from a lake near our house down a nature trail called the Rock Creek Trail to the Washington, D.C. line. I'm give out, as the old folks used to say. (We did it over two days. Eventually we plan to walk trails all the way to Mt. Vernon and see George Washington's house.)
That's cool.

Way to go!

First person I remember stealing something was a hobo who got off a train near our house. I watched him go into our barn and get a rake and carry it off on up the railroad track. Or maybe I hid it and made that story up to tell my grandpa, so I could take a break. My memory isn't as great as it used to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT