ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I despise the TV crooks, Dish and Direct TV. At the present I have Direct TV and a little rain knocks hem out. Dish did the same though so it is a Catch-22. At least for me. I have called their tech desk so many times I feel I know some of the reps.

They always call back and ask what I thought, I most always give the techs good marks, because they do help. Then they get to the question if I would recommend them to a neighbor or friend? I always give then the worse possible answer, like H-ll no!.

Oh by the way, good morning D guys and gal, Sun out early this way, Dry wall work should be finished before days end. I have a feiend who told me Bolden is a done deal for Duke. Best part about that is the fact that he is never right. I hope he keeps his record intact.

Dish v Direct.

Reminds me of the guy who had to overnight in a small town in Texas. There were only two motels there. He stopped in a store and asked which of the two motels would they recommend. The reply was: "It really doesn't matter. No matter which one you stay in, you'll wish you had stayed in the other one."

How are we going to keep the opposition from putting 40 on us every game?

We need to go at least two-deep on the down line with SEC caliber players, something we have never come close to doing in decades.

When your star DL is a juco transfer and he is backed up by a dude who's only other offers were from Toledo and Ball State, that's just not going to get it done in the SEC. That's what we trot out every season and that's why SEC backs like Nick Chubb average 11 yards per carry against our defense.

That's also why our defense typically surrenders over 32 points per game in-conference and that trend is going to continue next season.

91449_800.jpg

Calm before the storm. Graduation Day at MUSC tomorrow morning. Traffic in the hospital district will suck, no two ways around it. Fingers crossed for no rain tomorrow morning because if that happens, everything gets packed up and sent over to The Citadel. That means even WORSE traffic.

Calm before the storm. Graduation Day at MUSC tomorrow morning. Traffic in the hospital district will suck, no two ways around it. Fingers crossed for no rain tomorrow morning because if that happens, everything gets packed up and sent over to The Citadel. That means even WORSE traffic.
Good luck.

We need to go at least two-deep on the down line with SEC caliber players, something we have never come close to doing in decades.

When your star DL is a juco transfer and he is backed up by a dude who's only other offers were from Toledo and Ball State, that's just not going to get it done in the SEC. That's what we trot out every season and that's why SEC backs like Nick Chubb average 11 yards per carry against our defense.

That's also why our defense typically surrenders over 32 points per game in-conference and that trend is going to continue next season.
Sad but very true. SOS for this season.

That's an F8-F Bearcat, and he missed his approach badly but it looks like the hook might save him. It's too late and his AoA is too steep to apply full throttle for a go-around or he will stall and roll over on his back. It's a Grumman, so the landing gear will probably hold...as long as that tailhook traps OK.

The F8 is an interesting a/c - a zenith of piston engine design but ended up being a "tweener" - really too late for WWII but too early for Korea and the dawn of the jet age. It's designers were smitten with the German FW-190 which gave them the inspiration for the F8.

That's an F8-F Bearcat, and he missed his approach badly but it looks like the hook might save him. It's too late and his AoA is too steep to apply full throttle for a go-around or he will stall and roll over on his back. It's a Grumman, so the landing gear will probably hold...as long as that tailhook traps OK.

The F8 is an interesting a/c - a zenith of piston engine design but ended up being a "tweener" - really too late for WWII but too early for Korea and the dawn of the jet age. It's designers were smitten with the German FW-190 which gave them the inspiration for the F8.
Are you a private pilot? Have you ever been a pilot?

BKO is a cereal poster. What you hearing about Bolden & Duke?
that he knew for weeks and was told not to announce until it was too late for Cal to get anyone else. The TCU shirt today, following Brad C yesterday. Calling Dook "The University of Duke" - And, really - he could have committed weeks ago, and didn't, or he did and didn't announce it. I just don't get the impression he just made up his mind today. I don't know, just seems all snarky and down right shitty.
and no, I didn't get all that off Rafters - although people are talking about it there, too.

I think it's kinda shitty too. I just don't care for drama. The thing that I wonder about is that we didn't have a scholarship open, then the talk became that Lee was certain for the NBA. Then Bolden's decision was postponed when Lee had a poor showing & started weighing his options. The next day, Matthews announces his transfer. Maybe none of this was related.

No way Bolden decided today though. He & his family have known for a while.
agreed - there was no reason for the drama. I do hope Lee returns.
At any rate, it was all pretty fishy

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously though - I don't have a license so no I'm not a pilot. I have taken flight lessons and I've studied a lot - getting my PPL has always been an elusive dream of mine.
How many hours do you have? What kind of airplane, high wing or low wing?

How many hours do you have? What kind of airplane, high wing or low wing?

C172, so high-wing. I have a friend that had a Piper Cherokee (low wing) that I was going to take lessons in but he moved down to Destin and sold the plane and now I got nuthin.:( I can't afford to buy an airplane, not even a Cherokee.

I only have a few hours and it was years ago. I would have to start from scratch, learning radios, navigation and IFR - flying the plane is the easy part as I'm sure you already know.

C172, so high-wing. I have a friend that had a Piper Cherokee (low wing) that I was going to take lessons in but he moved down to Destin and sold the plane and now I got nuthin.:( I can't afford to buy an airplane, not even a Cherokee.

I only have a few hours and it was years ago. I would have to start from scratch, learning radios, navigation and IFR - flying the plane is the easy part as I'm sure you already know.
I learned how to fly in a Warrior. Very cool and easy. I had 2 different instructors. They were both good teachers. I have not flown in 38 years, but I believe that I could still do it. It takes time, and that is what I didn't have at the time I was flying. I hope I can return to flying before I get too old to do it. I would love to own a Warrior.

I have flown in a Cessna 172, but I was not the pilot, however.

Bolden and Duke has a certain stench to it, I really can't get excited about it though. The one and done thing has worn me down a bit. Can't change it though, just have to hold out hope that there is a balance of one and dones and others we can depend on being around awhile and give our teams needed leadership.

I have faith in Cal keeping us in the hunt, no matter what. My kingdom for a few tough big men though. I will settle for a few stepping up in early March though. Am I spoiled by UK basketball? Yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT