ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Jam- Jason Hart first coach in the building to see Boozers and Caleb Wilson

Team Takeover playing now and they have some absolute dudes! Everyone still in here - Hurley, Pearl, Hubert, etc… great event if you love hoops. You should check it out.

Moreno, Yessoufou, Ament (but was odd Pope didn't watch him yesterday and now they seem to be pivoting to Wilson), Cenac and they'll be in final group which Mullins decides from--hearing UK, UConn for sure will be in this to the end.
If johnson pulls the trigger for someone else in another month and then later this year these other big pieces commit to UK then he'll be scratching his head regretting his decision. I think Yessoufou is my favorite player in this class.

Wilson will be elite after a couple of years in the league. Very skilled and athletic. As with all kids with his body type I am not sure if he will be an All American type or an All SEC type his year in college.

What I love about this new era is knowing that if we miss on recruits we have a coach that is able to pivot to the portal and get players. I’m not wringing my hands hoping and praying we get this top rated kid or that one, like I did with Cal. If we don’t land elite Freshmen, then I am confident Pope will get us some experienced portal guys. This is a nice, stress free recruiting cycle for me. I know Pope will get kids who fit his system either in the HS ranks or in the portal.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Isn't there a neverending thread on the Peach Jam that should be on the recruiting board that you could have posted this instead? At least it would be someone else bumping that thread for once.

What I love about this new era is knowing that if we miss on recruits we have a coach that is able to pivot to the portal and get players. I’m not wringing my hands hoping and praying we get this top rated kid or that one, like I did with Cal. If we don’t land elite Freshmen, then I am confident Pope will get us some experienced portal guys. This is a nice, stress free recruiting cycle for me. I know Pope will get kids who fit his system either in the HS ranks or in the portal.
????
For the past 3 years we've had an all American that came from the portal.
He didn't know how to play them, but Cals use of recruiting or portal to build a team can't be questioned.

Isn't there a neverending thread on the Peach Jam that should be on the recruiting board that you could have posted this instead? At least it would be someone else bumping that thread for once.
Sorry pal. Just enjoying Peach Jam with my son and loved the fact that our assistant coach was the first coach in the entire building. That was the purpose of the post. Not to say we’d get any of these kids. Not to say we win the next natty. Also could have posted that I love how Pope interacts with the fans I saw him with him yesterday. Apologize for making you click on this thread 😉

All you do is complain complain complain about where something should be posted .

Someone make this man a mod

Reactions: know1
Sorry pal. Just enjoying Peach Jam with my son and loved the fact that our assistant coach was the first coach in the entire building. That was the purpose of the post. Not to say we’d get any of these kids. Not to say we win the next natty. Also could have posted that I love how Pope interacts with the fans I saw him with him yesterday. Apologize for making you click on this thread 😉
Nothing wrong with this thread .

Moreno, Yessoufou, Ament (but was odd Pope didn't watch him yesterday and now they seem to be pivoting to Wilson), Cenac and they'll be in final group which Mullins decides from--hearing UK, UConn for sure will be in this to the end.
That’s would be a sick group. I love all those players. Especially Ament I want that dude he is highly skilled for a big man. If he gains strength he will be a beast.

Keep up the updates.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
That’s would be a sick group. I love all those players. Especially Ament I want that dude he is highly skilled for a big man. If he gains strength he will be a beast.
Been told by a few people involved with EYBL that years down the road that Ament may end up the best player in this class-even better than Dybantsa because he's more athletic. Dybantsa is fantastic and sure thing to be an excellent player--Ament has higher ceiling and gaining on guys ahead of him in this class by the day. Ament is better defensively and a superior athlete. Friend told me that AJ is crafty around the rim but doesn't play through contact well yet and he's not an elite athlete who can play over people at the rim where Ament can play over them already and just is an elite NBA caliber athlete already whose skill is catching up. Ament has potential to be best defender in the class as a wing too.

Concern is Ament was a high priority for some time and now they are pivoting to Caleb Wilson which is such a longshot. Seemed like a strange pivot this weekend and is a bit concerning. Those 2 won't play at same school. You can get Chris Cenac and Ament because they are comfortable playing the roles they'd have-and it wouldn't effect Moreno's recruitment either.

You are good with me and most of the board. If we can be bombarded by WNBA nonsense (sorry topics) all Summer, this is surely welcomed. Glad you had fun and in terms of AAU Basketball, you were at the Final Four of it! Appreciate your feedback/info and keep it coming!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT