ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

IMG_1576Malcolm-vi.jpg

I submit number 31 into the books. The most difficult yet. Saw some action last week. About Monday of this week I cut the grass shorter than normal in that area because the grass was so thick I couldn't see it digging. Cut an area about 20' by 40'. Chased that thing all week as I had time, pushing down the digs. This morning came a pretty good rain that stopped about an hour ago. So, thinking it was probably too wet, but birddogging his hind end, I went to check, and there he was, a slow dig. The grass being thick added to the degree of difficulty as my shovel took a mighty shove and reinjured muscles in my ribs. Number 31 was a tough one. That's all. FCC.

I submit number 31 into the books. The most difficult yet. Saw some action last week. About Monday of this week I cut the grass shorter than normal in that area because the grass was so thick I couldn't see it digging. Cut an area about 20' by 40'. Chased that thing all week as I had time, pushing down the digs. This morning came a pretty good rain that stopped about an hour ago. So, thinking it was probably too wet, but birddogging his hind end, I went to check, and there he was, a slow dig. The grass being thick added to the degree of difficulty as my shovel took a mighty shove and reinjured muscles in my ribs. Number 31 was a tough one. That's all. FCC.

Assassin.

untitled-5_0.png

Do you car dudes know about gettimg classic cars from Cuba? Heard a Lowrider dude talking about getting '58 Impalas from Cuba because they have a lot of them, and they're hard to find. They've been flood damaged, but still run. Same guy said he had a 64 impala left in the Katrina flood. He got back to it, was filled with dead fish and shit, started right up.

They should make durable cars like that again, imo. I guess profit margins are much higher with these plastic shits all filled with computers and tech.

Since I'm married 20 years coming up - I'll keep this in the context of the marriage arrangement. Yes, it is absolutely true. Why my wife doesn't exploit this super-power over me more often is, frankly, bewildering to me.

The problem for a lot of married men is when that happens outside the marriage and they don't have the discipline or loyalty to deal with it. Women can have an unbelievable amount of control over a man and a married man has to have the decision of loyalty settled long before he finds himself in that situation.

As far as the rest - I guess it's accurate but I don't have a problem changing the TP or getting my skivvies in the hamper.

Interesting.

I am a man who is approaching 50 years of marriage without any infidelity, or at the least on my part, and I think it is both ways.

My take on it is that I love my wife to the point that I have too much to lose if I am not true. That is the only reason I have been true. It is pure selfishness. I have too much to lose to stray.

I promised fidelity on August 18, 1966 and I have kept it even though I sometimes did not want to.

[winking]

Yesterday I took Sugar out to take care of her bidness, and a homeless male person asked me for a cigarette. I said no thanks. He then asked me for my short, and I said no thanks. You should have seen him. He looked like one of those walking dead monsters. Crackhead.
[laughing]

Please tell Sugar hi from me. Thanks.

Don you ever see this guy around your zone? He's a self made criminal/entertainer from zone 6 who changed the face of hip hop there at one time. Total knucklehead. Not fit for civilian life, and is currently in jail. He has an ice cream cone tatted on his face as you can see. He's not friendly, but his music is oddly entertaining. Just wondering of these are the type of clowns you have to deal with.

gucci-man-200-11311.jpg

I would think John's Creek would have a lot of homeful people. I am hopeful of that.

I've seen shows about the classic cars in Cuba. Pretty amazing what they can do considering they don't have access to parts like we do here.

Someone at Time Warner told me today that I should be getting 300mbps on my internet speed through an Ethernet cable. Someone else there told me it should be 200. Either way, it's a little over 90 so they're sending out someone to check on it tomorrow. They just did an upgrade yesterday and I picked up a new modem from them today.

Don you ever see this guy around your zone? He's a self made criminal/entertainer from zone 6 who changed the face of hip hop there at one time. Total knucklehead. Not fit for civilian life, and is currently in jail. He has an ice cream cone tatted on his face as you can see. He's not friendly, but his music is oddly entertaining. Just wondering of these are the type of clowns you have to deal with.

gucci-man-200-11311.jpg
Don't know that man. It is difficult to make money on criminal types.

A few days back, maybe a week, I was driving in Portsmouth, Ohio. I came up to a light and seen a guy with a homeless sign. I threw my hand up to him as I was stopping at the light. I had pulled some bills out of my pocket and laid them on the passenger seat and was starting to pick out what I was going to hand him.

Before I could hand him anything he started yelling "I appreciate you waving at me, rich people can afford a wave but not any help. That wave didn't help me." Before I got back into Ky I found a group of kids washing cars for a band trip or something, that is where the money went.

Do you car dudes know about gettimg classic cars from Cuba? Heard a Lowrider dude talking about getting '58 Impalas from Cuba because they have a lot of them, and they're hard to find. They've been flood damaged, but still run. Same guy said he had a 64 impala left in the Katrina flood. He got back to it, was filled with dead fish and shit, started right up.

They should make durable cars like that again, imo. I guess profit margins are much higher with these plastic shits all filled with computers and tech.
What I wanted to say after I read this post was that Cuba and a lot of South American countries have an import tax on automobiles not made in that country. I'm not sure how much the tax is except it is thousands. A one time tax. So.........they just keep these automobiles in service by rebuilding them.

I was in Bogota in 1974, and our guide drove a 1955 Pontiac. The interior and exterior of this unit was in excellent condition. We visited the area of Bogota where they redo their American cars. Lots of engine and transmission shops as well as the upholstery and body work. It was actually fascinating to see. I suppose it is still the same.

At that time they assembled Fiats there, so you saw a lot of those units too.

To answer your question, Mash, I would think that you would need to know someone there in Cuba to help you with this. The pros are probably all over this.

really tired tonight - the company for whom I worked was sold to another and I've spent the week boxing charts (and creating transmission logs), cleaning out cabinets, packing up medical supplies - throwing out half the junk we used, and just plain cleaning the whole office. Fun times.
Good news - I get to take the summer off and enjoy the kids. Hubby started a new job this week and we're adjusting to his schedule.
The more I think about it, the more I hope both Briscoe and Lee return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT