ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

• Good morning, posters, lurkers & trolls.
  • 67° in Johns Creek. Partly sunny. VFR. Nice temperature.
  • 2nd mug of life saving Dark Magic going.
  • Lots going on right at this moment.
  • Lawn service is here. Trimming the hedges. Cutting the Zoysia. Edging. Blowing the debris to Hell. Lots of little engine noise.
  • QB has counter-top workers installing the granite. Surface unit goes back in Sunday. Almost there.
  • Willie's Roadhouse going. Love old country music.
  • Did the movies have serials when you were a kid?
  • Sugar is doing her sentry thing, barking at all of these strangers.
  • Oatmeal and banana wheels going.
  • Over.

P40-1571.jpg

That's faster than the morning rush hour traffic on the Watterson!

Sooooo...Kaizer is faster than a speeding car...which jist so happens to be damn near sitting still in rush hour traffic.

BKO...the 5K I ran in WAS in Louisville. It's called Throo the Zoo because the majority of the race literally runs right through the Louisville Zoo. When I say "Metro" I am referring to the greater Louisville Metro area...including the city itself and Jefferson County.

And Metro hosts a ton of 5K races throughout the year. Some Saturdays in the spring/summer there will be 3 or 4 on the same day.
KS, I responded before your post where you mentioned the Metro :)

Been to that zoo many times - we live just one county over. This looks like something that would be great for my youngest; he's a really high energy kid

Congrats FCC. John Deere is my rider of choice. Fed up with this weather.
Doing sheet rock and insulation work on a bath room. Reading about the running and walking adventures have made me feel old. Thanks a lot! But at least I remember being able to do them and great it made me feel. So it isn't all bad.

Ours was a Girls On The Run 5k. GOTR is a club that teaches girls good values, etc... & the accomplishment of finishing a 5k. The course was really flat, but nothing to look at other than some school buildings & corn fields.

She & a friend won the 3-legged race at school track & field day earlier this week. Four elementary schools competed. She got 2nd in some other race, and attempted the hurdles. The best thing was that she had fun.

Absolutely.

He can recruit but we are still at the bottom of the barrel in the SEC in that aspect. I'm hoping that having a new offensive coordinator will help remedy some of the problems but I'm not sure if it will.
kind of funny, in a way - could be top 15 in nation, yet bottom of the SEC. Still, with what he's brought in we should be able to field a decent team. Minor bowl game at minimum

kind of funny, in a way - could be top 15 in nation, yet bottom of the SEC. Still, with what he's brought in we should be able to field a decent team. Minor bowl game at minimum
I sure hope your right. For the program to progress they have to make a bowl game this season. That's what worries me about recruiting. We are at the bottom recruiting wise because our conference recruits so well, so we basically have to out coach teams in our conference. Not sure if our staff can do that when compared to these other coaching staffs.

I sure hope your right. For the program to progress they have to make a bowl game this season. That's what worries me about recruiting. We are at the bottom recruiting wise because our conference recruits so well, so we basically have to out coach teams in our conference. Not sure if our staff can do that when compared to these other coaching staffs.
should have clarified - my apologies. I meant he SHOULD be doing that; winning OOC games and beating teams like Vandy in conference.
I have hope that we will improve in that respect. Have a new support staff - we'll see how it goes.
But realistically speaking, Stoops needs to learn how to coach at a higher level - at least learn how to manage a game clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT