ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Another long long day at work. I sure am tired and glad to be at home on our gazebo with my little hound dog. She is about a foot from me in a chair fast asleep. Been my dog for almost 13 years. She showed up at a half way house during a storm one night, and those guys brought her to me. About 4/5 months old she was. A love bug. I walked her for about a month around Mechanicsville trying to locate her owner to no avail. I was in love by then. Took her to the HS vet for spading and shots. Now she goes to the $400 per year vet on the Northside. Good little friend. Sugar. Goes to work with me. Sleeps in a bed on a UK pillow in a UK chair. She is a Kentucky Wildcat fan too.
Great story Don. I told my wife just now about your vet and that we should ask ours for a deal like that, she laughed. He would too.

Hey old farts ;), I slept till almost 9am. I'm feeling good. Hope y'all are well.

Cold front moving in. Got the windows up, cool breeze blowing through the abode. It rained a bit, but don't think anymore is expected till Monday. Going to dig and prep and couple beds if I can.

You folks have a good day. I'm going to plot some breakfast and take the doggy to the park this morning.

:thumbsdown:
:okay:

Not likely. Probably dropped this plate on it down at the office:

Wildcatdon

Ate this salad for my meal at 18:00
  • Romaine hearts
  • grilled chicken tenders
  • Avacado slices
  • sliced Strawberries
  • Red onion rings
  • apple chunks
  • sesame seeds
  • raisins
  • tomato chucks
  • sliced almonds
  • sliced banana peppers
  • sliced grapes
  • pecan halves
  • Lite Italian dressing
I had that also minus the avocado slices. Someone had the other avocado (just the perfect ripe.) That is a good recipe. It's not cheap, but it is delicious. If you don't have a little sandwich grill to cook the chicken on, get one. But it is not cheap by any means. You can't buy a salad like that in a restaurant that I know of. It is complete.

Hey old farts ;), I slept till almost 9am. I'm feeling good. Hope y'all are well.

Cold front moving in. Got the windows up, cool breeze blowing through the abode. It rained a bit, but don't think anymore is expected till Monday. Going to dig and prep and couple beds if I can.

You folks have a good day. I'm going to plot some breakfast and take the doggy to the park this morning.

:thumbsdown:
:okay:
Mash, quantos anos tenga usted?

You have a good one too.

Morning all. Thanks yesterday for letting me say all that church stuff. Never would have felt I could do that before. I'm different about all that. I don't talk about Gawd. Just regular country boy stuff. Y'all have a goodun, and to my great friend caftan too. If y'all didn't know it, we tease each other a lot. But, best of friends. FCC.
You can say what you want on here, FCC, you know that. Church is good. God is good. Don't post any photos of steam engines though. They are offensive I hear. The mods have been on me constantly.

There is a dog across the street behind a privacy fence that barks quite a bit. I can't hear it when I'm in the house. If I'm outside at night and I hear it bark, I'll bark back just to ramp it up a notch. They must keep it inside during the day.
Try the low growl sometimes. Or put a photo of a steam locomotive on your front porch.

good morning folks
Fell asleep last night reading posts., with laptop open on my lap. Was a long day and it got the best of me

Chilly morning - only 51° went out side to sit on the porch for a few and got a little cold. But it's nothing a nice cup of coffee can't fix
Not a big fan of westerns, really; although there are a couple I really don't mind. Haven't seen Unforgiven. Do love classic movies though - the old black and whites, Golden Age of Hollywood, musicals and comedies
Have a massively busy day today.....again.....have to do some cleaning and rearranging upstairs, unload the van and get all that stuff organized and put away. Plus dishes that haven't been done, laundry that's way behind. All that fun stuff. Again......coffee is my friend

Hope this morning finds you all well

Bout a month ago I was singing a song and did a low, loud growl and one of the cats was terrified. Jumped up and flew out of the living room to the other end of the house. Wife tried to find him, he was hiding good. She picked him up to bring him back and he fought with her not to be around me.

I must have struck a chord.

oh yeah - and love dogs. We currently have two, both are rescues.
When hubby and I had been married for a year we had a purebred Australian Shepherd practically fall into our laps. The owners were going to put her down because they couldn't "show" her. She had some (what they considered) defects that prevented it. So we got this amazing 3 month old Aussie. I've never seen a smarter dog and she was our daughter's best friend. Had to let her go when she was 11 - had developed hemolytic anemia and suspected cancer of the spleen. Vet said that a transfusion and surgery might have given her a 10% chance, and she'd have probably needed further transfusions. Quality of life wouldn't have really been good at all. After we lost her, we got a Border Collie who was our older son's best friend. Another extremely intelligent dog - she was 14 when we had to send her to Rainbow Bridge.
we decided after that that we wanted to take in rescues - one is a pointer/black lab mix, the other is an aussie/heeler mix. Love 'em both

Bout a month ago I was singing a song and did a low, loud growl and one of the cats was terrified. Jumped up and flew out of the living room to the other end of the house. Wife tried to find him, he was hiding good. She picked him up to bring him back and he fought with her not to be around me.

I must have struck a chord.
Cats are not dogs. I'll come when I get ready. I'm comfortable, don't bother me. Okay, now I'm ready for some love. Where is my food?

There is a dog in our neighborhood that gets loose seemingly every other night. You never hear the dog but you hear the owner down the street screaming GLLLAAAADDYYYYSSSSS for like 10 minutes straight until the dog presumably shows back up. It used to drive me bonkers but at this point, it's just a weird, funny routine that we kind of just listen out for each week.

oh yeah - and love dogs. We currently have two, both are rescues.
When hubby and I had been married for a year we had a purebred Australian Shepherd practically fall into our laps. The owners were going to put her down because they couldn't "show" her. She had some (what they considered) defects that prevented it. So we got this amazing 3 month old Aussie. I've never seen a smarter dog and she was our daughter's best friend. Had to let her go when she was 11 - had developed hemolytic anemia and suspected cancer of the spleen. Vet said that a transfusion and surgery might have given her a 10% chance, and she'd have probably needed further transfusions. Quality of life wouldn't have really been good at all. After we lost her, we got a Border Collie who was our older son's best friend. Another extremely intelligent dog - she was 14 when we had to send her to Rainbow Bridge.
we decided after that that we wanted to take in rescues - one is a pointer/black lab mix, the other is an aussie/heeler mix. Love 'em both
My 90 year old farmer uncle still has his last Border Collie. When he sold his cattle the BC had nothing to herd. She herded the cats.

• Morning, D-League.
  • 67° in Johns Creek. Not a cloud. VFR. Visibility: 20 miles.
  • Blood Sugar = 74. Weight: 222. My doctor said I had age.
  • 2nd mug of Dark Magic going.
  • Made it through yesterday without bad luck. Hope you did.
  • My last day of work awaits. Some of my crew work on Sundays, but not me. My day off.
  • My little sentry is asleep in a patch of sunlight on the chaise. Woke her up when I got my last mug. She wagged that tail, I petted and she nuzzled, Love those precious moments.
  • QB out of her routine. Surface unit not in. Frustrated. Thank goodness for the microwave.
  • Emerald Zoysia looks killer.
  • That's it.
  • Have a fun day.
  • Over.

Last edited:
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Biggest steam locomotive ever built.

I will continue on
One of my all time favorite movie lines when old Chief Dan George said in Outlaw Josey Wales " Endeavor to persevere"

Great scene. I bet I've spouted that phrase a thousand times over the years. Another one from that scene: "The white man has been sneaking up on us Indians for years."

BKO owes it to herself to watch Unforgiven. I've watched it about half a dozen times. Maybe my favorite Western - up there with Josie Wells and Lonesome Dove I.

There is a dog in our neighborhood that gets loose seemingly every other night. You never hear the dog but you hear the owner down the street screaming GLLLAAAADDYYYYSSSSS for like 10 minutes straight until the dog presumably shows back up. It used to drive me bonkers but at this point, it's just a weird, funny routine that we kind of just listen out for each week.

Hey Triangle, how's that young one doing? FCC.

"While I don’t think butter is your best fat option, I do think organic grass-fed butter is far better than margarine, which is processed and loaded with trans fats, which we know for sure are bad. Previous studies also seem to show that overall saturated fats may be neutral, and some, like those found in coconut and cocoa butter, are actually beneficial.

What this really shows, however, is that your health depends on your whole diet. So go ahead and eat a little saturated fat, but make sure you have it with lots of produce, as well as lean protein, whole grains, and other good fats, too."

I like you Don and I want you around as long as possible, but I want you to be happy as well. The small amount of butter needed to make oatmeal more palatable can easily be offset by not eating white bread or rice on the same day you indulge in butter. You need to get a younger doctor, one that knows more.[winking]

Doing well, FCC. Growing like a weed. Nearing 6 month mark. Really a lot of fun. She's been sick a lot (daycare will do that) but nothing out of the ordinary...we've managed to avoid getting too much of it ourselves thus far. She's at daycare three days a week and my wife keeps her the other two days. Seems to be a good balance between socialization and family time. Appreciate you asking about her!

"While I don’t think butter is your best fat option, I do think organic grass-fed butter is far better than margarine, which is processed and loaded with trans fats, which we know for sure are bad. Previous studies also seem to show that overall saturated fats may be neutral, and some, like those found in coconut and cocoa butter, are actually beneficial.

What this really shows, however, is that your health depends on your whole diet. So go ahead and eat a little saturated fat, but make sure you have it with lots of produce, as well as lean protein, whole grains, and other good fats, too."

I like you Don and I want you around as long as possible, but I want you to be happy as well. The small amount of butter needed to make oatmeal more palatable can easily be offset by not eating white bread or rice on the same day you indulge in butter. You need to get a younger doctor, one that knows more.[winking]
My doctor is a young female. My #4 plans to become a doctor. She is working hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT