ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Speaking of the old XM musical machine...just heard another tune I like..."Silver Lining" by First Aid Kit. And I'm not that big on country music. But this one has a bluesy-country-rock vibe I guess.

First time I heard that song was at the end of an episode of the 1st season of True Detectives. Liked it then...still do.

Went to the dentist Saturday for a cleaning.

I swear, the hygienist uses this sonicwaterthinggy that about blows out my eardrums every time she runs it over my upper left molar with a crown.

I tell her prior to hand scale that tooth. Nope. She just plows ahead.

No cavities.

Went with the watermelon flavored polish to piss her off. Told her to get that mint shit the hell out of this guys mouth... Try to throw her game after all the sharp digging instruments were put away.

• Good morning, posters and lurkers.
  • 68°F in Johns Creek. Rain front has finished. Sunny. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 60. Calling doctor today to discuss the meds that I am taking. 60 is too low.
  • Another Monday is on us. Time flies.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • Tom Leach going.
  • Derby Week.
  • Tom Hammond. I started watching him when he was just a kid there in Lexington. That was only 52 years ago. LHM.
  • RIP Ed Davender. Great basketball player. Under-rated. The world keeps turning.
  • Bolden - Some positive predictions coming out. Hope hope. Anybody hearing anything?
  • Miss LEK & 55.
  • That's it.
  • Over.

Talked to #3 last night about his getting cut the other day at Ranger School. He says that he did 60 PUs just fine, but that there were 500 soldiers that and only RIs for 425, so 75 guys had to be rescheduled for May 16th. Bad luck. I do not know. To be continued .........

th

Another busy weekend. Got all the mowing done on Friday before the rain hit.
Saturday I helped one of my brothers move a safe from his garage to his basement. Bitch weighed 500 lbs. Across back yard and down some pretty steep steps. Appliance dolly was a huge help. We were using some long boards to roll it across the yard because we thought it would sink in due to the rain. Damn wheel caught the edge and rolled over into the grass. Glad no one got hurt.

Talked to #3 last night about his getting cut the other day at Ranger School. He says that he did 60 PUs just fine, but that there were 500 soldiers that and only RIs for 425, so 75 guys had to be rescheduled for May 16th. Bad luck. I do not know. To be continued .........

If he is rescheduled that means he is still in the mix. At least it was way back when. Injuries used to get you recycled also. Either way just getting picked to get in the mix is all good.

Here's a true fact for all you rubes...I originated eating Pillsbury slice and bake cookie dough raw -- AND NO I DIDN'T PEEL THE WRAPPER OFF AND GO AT THE LOG LIKE SOME PECKER-CHOMPIN' QUEER EITHER. I used a spoon, like a normal, civilized human being.

The date was August 20th, 1982, the Friday ending my first week in college. As a freshman, I had just nailed Betty McGee, a senior, and the hottest chick on campus. As a perfect after-sex snack I told her to go bake me some choco-chip cookies, and then I thought what the hell, I mean I literally thought "what the hell," and ate half a log raw -- and then nailed Betty again on my dorm desk, much to our mutual satisfaction.

Ahhhh, mammaries. Er, I mean, memories.
th

Reactions: UKGrad93
Another busy weekend. Got all the mowing done on Friday before the rain hit.
Saturday I helped one of my brothers move a safe from his garage to his basement. Bitch weighed 500 lbs. Across back yard and down some pretty steep steps. Appliance dolly was a huge help. We were using some long boards to roll it across the yard because we thought it would sink in due to the rain. Damn wheel caught the edge and rolled over into the grass. Glad no one got hurt.

A neighbor was going on vacation once and asked if we would keep and eye on their house. I said "sure" ( but was not about to stand guard). They had a huge safe in the back of their house. When they returned they found that safe just inside their front door, about 50-60 feet from where it started. That's how far they got before they noticed the note saying "This safe is empty and the door is unlocked."

**Note: I was never asked to "keep an eye on their house" again.

Worked at a video store from age 16-17.5. Was a great gig. It was in Randalls on Lane Allen in Lexington. Little hole in the wall. Perks-a-plenty.

1. Mexican Gal would give me free pizza slices from the deli.
2. Free videos with no age restriction (giggity)
3. Watched movies all shift
4. Flirted with the cashier girls
5. Didn't get hot and sweaty like the baggers.
6. Got to see the nasty viewing habits of some folks.
7. Private bathroom that no customers seemed to know was there.
8. 'Free' Tootsie Roll pops from the donation box

Best job ever.

Worked at a video store from age 16-17.5. Was a great gig. It was in Randalls on Lane Allen in Lexington. Little hole in the wall. Perks-a-plenty.

1. Mexican Gal would give me free pizza slices from the deli.
2. Free videos with no age restriction (giggity)
3. Watched movies all shift
4. Flirted with the cashier girls
5. Didn't get hot and sweaty like the baggers.
6. Got to see the nasty viewing habits of lots of folks.
7. Private bathroom that no customers seemed to know was there.
8. 'Free' Tootsie Roll pops from the donation box

Best job ever.

FIFY

Nobody cares whether or not athletes go to class or learn anything if they go unless you play in the Ivy League, unless the NCAA is out to get you, then you have to be careful. The only thing you have to worry about is keeping your boosters under control and having a trustworthy "bagman."

got my cucumbers in...it was like digging in stew sunday...but only day i had to put a raised bed in.

I've got some palms out, different varieties. some are yellowing...is that too much water?
We took all of our palm plants to the garage, but did not water them enough and they all died.

Reactions: UKGrad93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT