ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Do you care for square cut pizza? I sure don't.
Used to be a pizza restaurant in Bowling Green in the mid-70's called Carmens, down on what was then the lower end of the bypass. It was next to Baskin Robbins. Everything was made from scratch insofar as the pies. They made a deep dish, rectangular Sicilian that was outstanding. Due to mismanagement they went out of business. Haven't had a deep dish pizza that good since then

Detailed my wife's car today.
Wash
Fix some scratches & chipped paint
Clay bar, polish, 2 coats of wax
Tires, wheels, interior, leather conditioner, glass

Power washed the garage floor, deck & patio.

Stopped by a birthday party for a woman that is 100 today. First 100 y/o person I've met.
Hope you get lucky for all that work

OMFG, you've got to be kidding me -- we ate at Carmen's during one of dad's softball tournaments, and talked about how great it was for years afterwards. Small world.
Jack Haase was the owner. Was a big time ex-radio jock in Detroit and New York City. Carmens was a franchise out of Detroit. I was in college. They opened at 4:30. I went in each day and did the prep work in the ingredients in 1973/74. He did great until he got this big idea of opening a restaurant up the street offering fine Italian cuisine. Linens, silverware, waiters in tuxes. It bombed and broke him.

That pizza place had balls.

But apparently backed the talk. Prolly had meth on it and Don is unaware that he is now addicted to meth.

No worries, I had the same confusion before I accepted meth in my life.
Best Pizza served a generous amount of peppers and olives right in the middle of the pie. It was awesome, except it would make you crazy and rot your teeth.

Meth addiction could solve a lot of dental care expenditures. Close down the dental schools, eliminate the dental insurance companies, have all the guys doing root canals become plumbers.......really a lot of benefits I can see....

Ha ha ha, that would be awesome. Still trying to figure the relevance of dental insurance other than the free cleaning each year

So, what is the most logical punishment for me completing my home improvement bonanza, spending every last dime (I don't have) in hardwood floor refinishing and area rugs?

"Oh, a lifetime of enjoyment - Kook?", you ask...

Actually no. I get 10 minutes before the puppydog starts puking everywhere and will probably require an endoscopy for $5-6k to pull the mystery object she gulped down causing an obstruction.

My guess is a sock. Again.

I need a gun. :gun:

• @LEK ......... I looked for something in the DK thread, but I didn't see anything.
  • Austin is enjoying his vacation/trip, Hope he can have the time to come by and meet/see me.
  • Round pizza only. I'm with Mashburned.
  • @Heshimu ......... thanks for the well wishes for #3. He called me tonight. He is looking forward to the training, but said that he was a little nervous. Their bus should have pulled out a few minutes ago. There are 30 men in his class.
  • I've made that BT spoon bread more than once. It's goooooooood.
  • Quick thinking j_mc. Scary I'm sure.
  • stevo51, it was all your fault. You can't be trusted to watch your own little boy,
  • maverick1 is a regular Elvis ain't he (uppers/downers) and he is snobbish I hear.
  • 93, that was some good work that you did. How will the wife ever repay you?
  • LEK, you are as handy as a pocket on a shirt. I used to despise painting the bathroom.
  • Life is indeed good.
I will see you tomorrow around 4 pm. Will post here as soon as I jump on the MARTA.

Mornin fece craniums...some nice reads..

weighed before my morning shit, then weighed after my morning shit..8 ounces lighter. Nothing like a good fresh 8 ounce Sunday morning shit..

reckon I will mow today after I make returns to Lowes and Home Depot, and a stop off to get new supply of wet wipes (life necessity)

Mav, are you the kind of Elvis T-Will claimed to be?

13062318_481150378743165_3605287395704140008_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mornin fece craniums...some nice reads..

weighed before my morning shit, then weighed after my morning shit..8 ounces lighter. Nothing like a good fresh 8 ounce Sunday morning shit..

reckon I will mow today after I make returns to Lowes and Home Depot, and a stop off to get new supply of wet wipes (life necessity)

Mav, are you the kind of Elvis T-Will claimed to be?

13062318_481150378743165_3605287395704140008_n.jpg
That is funny. The young Turks don't know yet.

Morning jackals and hyenas. Last night at the club was a waste of time since half of the Charleston Southern football team showed up and skewed the women/men ratio up. Did the Cinderfella thing and left at midnight.

Have to go to my retired boss' funeral today. The mere fact that I'm going to a RETIRED BOSS' funeral should tell you about the kind of man he was. Best boss I ever worked for and his recommendation got me my current job. Gonna slug down some Jameson in his memory later

Sangin' at church this morning.

PRO TIP: If you want to hear music in your ear, turn the knob to 'on'.

Flag foosball with the middle boy today and then chill at la casa. Would like to catch the race, but unless it's being broadcast on the inside of my eyelids, I'll probably miss it.

22 days of school left, beyoncés.

Keep it real, the D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT