ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

soon as I finish the next cup...
gonna power seed some Pennington's today..
gonna power wash outdoor furniture area, put down outdoor rug and set furniture out..
30 bags of cedar mulch to spread..
start prepping for more painting on outside of garage, block has never been painted before, hope I am not ****in up..using this stuff...
8f032b73-bb36-4586-bcd1-5f6511940ad5_400.jpg

who am I bullshittin...no way all this gets done today, I play on computer to much!
Reminds me that I need to wash & seal my concrete patio this year. Have to find 2-3 dry days in a row plus a time that the Honey locust tree isn't dropping flowers or leaves all over it. I don't mind the work, but finding the window of opportunity is tough.

Someone I knew always referred to them as "stout" girls.

I once had a neighbor lady who was pregnant. I hadn't seen her for a while so when I saw her, I asked her "When's that baby due?" Her reply was "I had it two weeks ago." :flush:
That was awkward. I am always amused of the fat girls' stories ......... "I didn't know I was pregnant." Just had a baby.

It may sound weird, but I've always wanted to do this. Just get on a damned Greyhound bus and go somewhere.

I took a Greyhound from Lexington, Ky to Apple Valley, California. 3 days. 3 of the most scariest days of my young life at that point.

You're right. It was an experience. Not sure I'd do it again.

soon as I finish the next cup...
gonna power seed some Pennington's today..
gonna power wash outdoor furniture area, put down outdoor rug and set furniture out..
30 bags of cedar mulch to spread..
start prepping for more painting on outside of garage, block has never been painted before, hope I am not ****in up..using this stuff...
8f032b73-bb36-4586-bcd1-5f6511940ad5_400.jpg

who am I bullshittin...no way all this gets done today, I play on computer to much!

55, start smoking weed and that bucket of paint won't leave the garage.

we have two joint accounts, wife has one of her own and telling the gods honest truth, I have no idea how much is in any of our accounts, nor do I really wanna know, I also have no debit cards to any accounts as well, Whenever I go to buy anything I get the debit card or use the trusty discover then she will pay it off. I have 2 pension checks that go direct deposit..all I know,,all I really need to know as well..money creates way to much worrying for many people

My wife has always handled all the finances. She's good at it. I would be too careless. I never see a bill or read a bank statement. I only carry a few bucks and a debit and credit card in my wallet for possible emergencies. We are always together if we are out and she pays for everything. All income (SS, pensions, 401k) goes in direct deposit. I honestly don't know our monthly income or even our current net worth (I only learn this when we file our taxes). Everything we own is joint and paid for, so it is all hers when I croak. We are both in our 70s so I don't have to worry about any skullduggery on her part (and never did even when this was a possibility). Has worked for me.

@funKYcat75 RE: The anniversary presents

Traditionally speaking...Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out in which flea market the jackals in the D are registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern.

But since this is the D-League...a 40 ounce bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 should do the trick.

I took a Greyhound from Lexington, Ky to Apple Valley, California. 3 days. 3 of the most scariest days of my young life at that point.

Hmm...what was scary about it?

I'm thinking I'd like to sit by the window, do some thinking and watch the world go by.

I'm thinking I'd like to sit by the window, do some thinking and watch the world go by.

The PEOPLE on the bus, my friend. If it was just only sitting by the window and watching the world go by, I'd agree with ya. Air fare is cheap enough now so that most long distance bus passengers are the type that would never make it past a TSA screening...or just weird.

I did something similar when I was 18 years 3 months old. I dropped out of school at Ole Miss, quit the football team and embarked to Southern California to see a girl and run away from my father, who had busted his azz to send me to Ole Miss. I hitchhiked to Dallas from Oxford, Mississippi and rode a Greyhound to Phoenix, Arizona. Sold most of my clothes to eat donuts and soft drinks. Went to the Air Force Recruiting Office to join up, but they were closed on Saturday. Called the girl's daddy,for help. He bought me a bus ticket to L.A. and met me. I'm sure I was a sad sight to see. Bobby Bare's 500 Miles From Home was popular then. Ironic. I needed an azz kicking. I'm sure dad would have obliged me at tat time.

I did something similar when I was 18 years 3 months old. I dropped out of school at Ole Miss, quit the football team and embarked to Southern California to see a girl and run away from my father, who had busted his azz to send me to Ole Miss. I hitchhiked to Dallas from Oxford, Mississippi and rode a Greyhound to Phoenix, Arizona. Sold most of my clothes to eat donuts and soft drinks. Went to the Air Force Recruiting Office to join up, but they were closed on Saturday. Called the girl's daddy,for help. He bought me a bus ticket to L.A. and met me. I'm sure I was a sad sight to see. Bobby Bare's 500 Miles From Home was popular then. Ironic. I needed an azz kicking. I'm sure dad would have obliged me at tat time.

Rode a Greyhound from Jackson, MS to Nashville when I got of of Navy "A" school. Never, ever, again. Lots of characters on that ride, but I didn't close my eyes the entire ride

My wife has always handled all the finances. She's good at it. I would be too careless. I never see a bill or read a bank statement. I only carry a few bucks and a debit and credit card in my wallet for possible emergencies. We are always together if we are out and she pays for everything. All income (SS, pensions, 401k) goes in direct deposit. I honestly don't know our monthly income or even our current net worth (I only learn this when we file our taxes). Everything we own is joint and paid for, so it is all hers when I croak. We are both in our 70s so I don't have to worry about any skullduggery on her part (and never did even when this was a possibility). Has worked for me.
QB knows $100 bills. She thinks that I can shit them.

Was 16, and the craziest SOBs in America take Greyhound. Stopped at East St Louis, they told us not to even leave the station due to danger. Picked up a gang banger in Albuquerque, (that is a whole long story) and on th eway back we picked up the elephant man somehwhere in the midwest. It was rough, lots of great scenery. But it was a little scary at that age.

Was 16, and the craziest SOBs in America take Greyhound. Stopped at East St Louis, they told us not to even leave the station due to danger. Picked up a gang banger in Albuquerque, (that is a whole long story) and on th eway back we picked up the elephant man somehwhere in the midwest. It was rough, lots of great scenery. But it was a little scary at that age.

I'd rather take a wrong turn at night in NYC than I would E. St. Louis. I've never been as uncomfortable/anxious as I was when riding through/by there.

Tubby can't lose at Memphis. That is a perfect fit.

What's Pastner's deal?I remember Cal spoke very highly of him, and his recruiting. He's also very young, right? When I've heard him speak, he didn't sound like a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT