ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A buddy of mine met Weezy (and his like 6 or 7 deep posse) at the Taco Bell on Nicholasville (not even sure if it's still there) back circa 2005/6ish. I'm not shitting you, scout's honor.

He had absolutely no idea who he was as he was / is not a rap fan. Wayne actually asked him if he was going to the show and my buddy was like, uh, hm, no sorry.

Came back to our crib and we didn't believe him at first. We found an older Cash Money photo with him and the gang and he pointed him out immediately. He actually asked me if I wanted to go with him and I didn't because, ironically, I was battling diarrhea at the time and had a lot of drinking to do that evening.

Not sure if that's ironic or not but you get me.

-Always a sad day. Goodbye until October, college basketball. Spring game, Masters/other golf and NBA playoffs about all there is for several months. Will go watch (aka drink beer and look around the stands, mostly) the Durham Bulls play a couple of times. They have a pretty cool stadium setting over there.

Mostly sports doldrums though. DGAF about MLB. Will start daydreaming of next year's basketball team ~June and get irrationally optimistic about football ~July without fail.

-Special :rolleyes: announcement tomorrow to tell us our favorite guard is flying the coop. Zero idea what I would do if he decided to return but it would more than likely involve me beating my weiner on every item in my house and howling like a horny caveman.

-Low down in the 20's tonight. RIP, awesome blooms.

-Go pro, Grayson Allen, you bitch.

-This made me laugh. He's technically not wrong either:
CfSZRf-UMAAvkEw.jpg
Congrats on your short-lived legacy of being DaggumRoy.

I'm trying to lead a commuter coup d'etat and beat the shit out of this useless, stupid power hungry clipboard-holding dispatcher who let two of our last express buses go without loading people. Holding to the 7:46 departure schedule there are 100 very animated pissed off New Jerseyans who want to eliminate this problem.

Chicken tenders fried in butter, some kind of rice with broccoli chunks in it an a fresh garden salad with decent mushrooms. That was supper. Favorite concerts in my memory bank is Jimmy Buffet at River bend and Lee Greenwood at a county fair in Ohio. He was telling stories about Gitmo and after the concert he was peddling music and books and I asked him if the "Bloody Mile was still thre when he was. He answered yes and told me the banana rats were still there also.

I told him that I thought he may have put on the best country show I have seen but I had been to two of Willie's but couldn't remember much of them. Without hesitation he said "Willie didn't remember them either.

Last edited:
Even tho I'm not a musician (playing) and can't carry a tune in a bucket (singing), I'm fascinated by Music threads and lurk all the time. This Rivals thread is about drummers. I'm glad to see the studio guys (Purdie, Gadd, Jackson, Hawkins, et al) get their due credit. Also glad to see Stewart Copeland in the top 10.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/rolling-stone-100-greatest-drummers.490158/

Morning leagures
Happy birthday Merle haggard 79 today
Happy 79 to billy dee Williams

Happy anniversary Steven van zandt on this day in 1985 you traded in your guitar and quit the e street band. You would later become the badass known as Silvio on the sopranos.

Happy anniversary to the kingsmen on this date in 1963 you recorded your version of Louie Louie.

Happy anniversary beach boys on this day you recorded California girls in 1965.

Happy trails syd Barrett on this day in 1968 you left your own group pink Floyd due to psychiatric disorders due to drugs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT