ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Nothing.

Nothing beats playing baseball. I can still throw a hose.

My son, 11, is giving it up. Breaks my heart. Sunday he asked to go have a catch. I loved it.

Alas, he can't hit a lick. We've tried. Groovy bats, batting gloves. Lessons. Countless tokens at the batting cage. Buckets of balls at the field.

He's got a good arm, great swing, but I tell you - he's only connected half a dozen times (solidly) out of say 1,000 pitches.

I don't get it.

On to golf. My wife was all-state high school golfer(KY). I played on HS team. She's to teach him this summer come hell or high water. No more frickin video games.

Dude, I've never had a son, but if I did. I wouldn't have pushed him into sports, I would've pushed him into murder. But that's another story.

Sorry about his ball skills, maybe he will acquire your ability to drink beer and get paid for it.
Bowling is a good one. My buddy Tiny could've went pro, but he ended up with 7 D.U.Is and severe depression (to go along with his drug addiction and furthered alcohol abuse)

- I like baseball, especially this time of year. Helps me get through the "dead zone". I am drafting my fantasy team. Going to the park with my son to shag fly balls, watching the annual viewing of Moneyball, buying a couple packs of baseball cards, etc. Then the grind starts and doze off until about the all star break. Cards should be decent this year, but I don't think they did enough to keep pace with the Cubs. :baseball:

- I think you have convinced me that I had food poisoning. I am pretty upset about it too, because I am almost positive I'll never eat there again.:weary:

-Has any coach in the country done less with more than Bill Self? My answer is no, there's not. :confused:

-Ready for the McDonald's game. Although I kinda feel Bolden is starting to lean toward Duke. I have no information. Matter of fact, I was hoping Spears could fill us in on the latest. Anything new Jason?

Cubs are gonna Cub. Always. Until they can beat the Cards more than once in a blue moon, the rule still applies. Cubs are gonna Cub.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT