ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

MJ said we could have had Thomas Bryant but Cal didn't like him. o_O

I don't believe that. No fn way. Cal got Skal for crying out loud...have to assume he was not one of our top 3+ targets. So we got a backup, backup type recruit with Skal and then he still went out and grabbed Hump who was better than Skal from day 1 but didn't play, and then he grabbed that Tai kid, or whoever. He struck out everywhere.

Based on that I am sure Cal would have loved to have a legit big bodied center like Bryant.

We slow played Bryant and he decided to go to IU. It was a mistake...projecting high school kids to the next level is never an exact science. In retrospect, would have been great to have had some athletic beef in the post this year. We had nothing like that.

Cheer up, D-Leaguers! You have something to be very, very proud of concerning basketball this season. At the conclusion of it's inaugural season I humbly present to you your 2016 D-League Fantastical Basketball World Champion of the Universe

Mean Machine

- owned, managed and coached by your humble fantastical sports world master and overlord, Kaizer Sosay

WhoooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!![banana][banana] [banana][cheers][thumb2][thumb2]:cheers2::clap::raised_hands::fistbump:[banana][banana][banana][roll]:beer:[roll]:100points:

Grats on still playing. I was under the assumption every one quit.

Nope. Not stealing my thunder. I know most quit. And I pretty much had you pegged as a quitter from the get go. No surprise there. But I also know the top 4 teams…the only teams who really had a fighting chance anyway…didn't quit. So...

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad line-ups
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions - my wildcat friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
Mean Machine are the champions
Mean Machine are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause Mean Machine are the World champions of the Universe!!!!!

Cheer up, D-Leaguers! You have something to be very, very proud of concerning basketball this season. At the conclusion of it's inaugural season I humbly present to you your 2016 D-League Fantastical Basketball World Champion of the Universe

Mean Machine

- owned, managed and coached by your humble fantastical sports world master and overlord, Kaizer Sosay

WhoooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!![banana][banana] [banana][cheers][thumb2][thumb2]:cheers2::clap::raised_hands::fistbump:[banana][banana][banana][roll]:beer:[roll]:100points:
:cool2: Great job.

Kick in the nuts to lose to IU, but strangely I was very accepting of it immediately. A calm washed over me quickly....could've been an inherent biological response to prevent destruction of property or injury to the public.

Alex P, luh-ya dun, and so long. Wish it could've played out and ended differently for him. Just never materialized and that's ok.

You have to be cautiously optimistic about next season. We will lose a drastic amount of scoring. We've all learned over the last few years that you can't take things for granted when it comes to a recruit's projected impact. As many others have stated, shooting is a concern with this team and I hope the new backcourt will end those worries shortly into the season.

Basketball is now dead to me until the NBA playoffs. Sports media in general will be shunned due to NCAA coverage as well as NFL talk. I can't handle either right now.

Speaking of football, looks like another shit sandwich coming right up for us in the fall. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm probably not.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!1!

Man, I was over on the rafters reading about how Dakari Johnson coulda helped us with his 2" vertical. It got me to looking onto D-league basketball, not the knid that KS thinks he won, but the kind that is played by ex-college players that don't make the NBA. The very same arena that Kentucky played in this week has one of those D-league teams. And tickets are CHEAP. As in club seating for $50, lower level sidelines for $25. $2 beer nights. I may have to check that out some time. F this college ball.

I really don't think Dakari would've changed a thing on this team. Complete defensive liability. 0 athleticism. Was great with putbacks when open, prone to getting the ball shoved into his face with anyone near him on a bunny. This doesn't take into account potential development but from what I've seen of him this year, nothing much has changed on that front.

Dakari would've taken virtually all of Lee's minutes....maybe it would've changed Cal's philosophy with Skal from the onset. Based on Skal's current abilities, again, I don't think this changes anything.

This team over-performed at the end of the year due to Ulis' gigantic balls and Murray's hot streak. With the constant anal ramming we receive from the selection committee, this team was destined to exit early. I know it's easy to say that in retrospect.

I didnt even draft, or do anything, I did it for you man. I did it for you.

Muchas gracias. I would also like to thank the entire San Antonio Spurs team for locking down Curry down the stretch when it mattered most for the Mean Machine.

And my suggestion to funky would be to start a fantastical marching band league. You might have a fighting chance in that one. Otherwise…just admire the greatness and pipe down.

Dakari would've been a better I-Zak which would have been great, but he wouldn't have played over Skal so it doesn't matter.

I just can't get over the Skal stuff. I've been wondering if Haitians paid Cal to at him because It doesn't make sense. Cal *hates* soft players. This is the softest one I've ever seen, the most green player I've ever seen, the only player I've seen here that legitimately didn't belong on the floor, and Cal consistently gave him chance after chance while s'ng his d. Makes no damn sense. THIS KID THAT CANT EVEN PLAY BASKETVALL OS TR KEY TO OUR SEASON GIYS!!!!! ...

Uhhh, smmfdab, Cal. That's the most ridiculous stunt you've pulled here.

I'm over the loss but not over the Skal stuff. It hurt our whole team giving him a pass like that. It's not right. We had other young guys that gave it 100% and showed they could contribute on the glass, and on defense.

<> I love BBN. But pinning your hopes on Dakari would have been just a notch above pinning them on Skal on the pipe dream scale.

<> Still wouldn't trade Cal. He has us in the hunt year in and year out. 4 Final Fours in 7 years, one runner-up and one title. That's fine with me. That's actually really incredible. Still gonna bitch from time to time though. Tis my right as a card carrying member of BBN. Soooo...

<> Hey, Cal!!! STOP SWITCHING EVERYTHING ON BALL SCREENS!!!

<> Man, I would love for Skal to come back. Give that dude an off season to gain some muscle and some confidence in his game. Play him along side a legit beat-em-up banger in the middle and let him play the stretch 4. Would absolutely love to have him back. But he's gone. He's projected too high in the draft not to go.

Lol get real.

About what? Skal?

It's called development.

You are crazy if you don't want him back. He was a freakin' freshman. And unlike most of Cal's freshmen recruits…Skal hasn't played much basketball prior to coming to UK. And he was played incorrectly and out of position on offense for 3/4 of this season. When he was finally played correctly this season he shined in spots. Still screwed the pooch like an inexperienced freshman at times…but he had some moments.

Give Skal an off-season and he will be a little stronger and he will be a much better basketball player. Not really sure how you could deny that fact. He has an outstanding shooting touch for a big man. He is a match-up problem when we are on offense. Pulls their big out on the floor to defend his shot. Opens up the middle.

Love to have him back. But i am done arguing. Because he will be drafted this year. Which is a shame. He could help us tremendously next season. Tremendously.

I really hate to call Skal a "charity case" but that's obviously what he was when it became apparent he could not play basketball effectively at the college level early in the season. Cal did EVERYTHING he could do to get that kid going to this team's detriment.

He doesn't have it now, maybe he will in the future....but it's going to take a few years of getting his ass tossed around like a blow up doll and an extreme amount of work at the dinner table and in the gym, tho.

I believe he would harm next year's team in a big way.

Son, this ain't no place for Skal. He needs two more years of prep and 3-4 years of college. We don't have time for that here. That will be evident next year when Cal brings in guys he usually gets. This year was odd. Still, no way Skal should have been allowed to play for funsies, especially when the chips were down.

Love you guys, but anyone who doesn't believe a true center on a team with a weak and thin front line wouldn't of made a big difference, is cray cray. If anything Skal could of played more 4 (especially when we had injuries at the 4 down the stretch). Skal was much more comfortable playing facing the basket and playing along side Dakari would of allowed him to do so. Doesn't matter because Dakari is rotting in the D league anyway.

This is the toughest time as a UK fan. The dead zone is what I call it. It's the period where we're still getting over the end of the season and still waiting to see who returns. Once we know what the roster will look like and the schedule is released in the summer, the season of hope starts.

Even in the midst of the dead zone, I still have an overwhelming feeling that next year is going to be one of those special years. Duke and UK should be 1 a. and b. I'll take those two teams over the field right now.

Man, I was over on the rafters reading about how Dakari Johnson coulda helped us with his 2" vertical. It got me to looking onto D-league basketball, not the knid that KS thinks he won, but the kind that is played by ex-college players that don't make the NBA. The very same arena that Kentucky played in this week has one of those D-league teams. And tickets are CHEAP. As in club seating for $50, lower level sidelines for $25. $2 beer nights. I may have to check that out some time. F this college ball.

LOL i'm a fatass and I gotta 4 vert

I sit in section G
Got a season pass
You might recognize me
Cause I’m you’re biggest fan

You got a sweet fade away
You can drive the lane
Making 3 point plays
You’re driving me insane

You’re larger than life to me
You’re bigger than the game could ever be
And I can just imagine how it feels to be loved
By thousand who don’t know you
But I know you.

Standing six foot five
Got a ponytail
The way you juke and jive
You’re my holy grail

I’m not put off by your height
You’ve got an Amazon mystique
I was the one who punched that guy
Who said you’re nothing but a freak.

I got a fantasy
In the locker room
Only you and me
Just me and you
We’re going overtime

(lyrics from a band that a co-worker is in)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT