ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Since Speers' wifey is in lock down mode I figure he might wanna check out a hooters gal...just for you buddy!

Erp.

12821573_484358228431202_1197084064068997568_n.jpg

Not ready for baseball just yet. Fantasy draft soon, so that will push me a little more towards that mindset. I am definitely not ready to talk about football and another 5-7 campaign.

As for the tournament. It's getting a little easier as time goes by. I think the thing that hurts the most is losing to IU and knowing Duke, UNC & Kansas all join them in the S16. :angry:

Think Briscoe comes back along with Lee, Willis, Matthews, etc. Murray, Tyler and Skal gonzo. We will have enough experience and incoming talent to be dope next year. [banana]
Midnight Madness will be here soon enough. Not going to wish the spring/summer away just yet.

Any other nerds ready for Batman v Superman this weekend?

Not ready for baseball just yet. Fantasy draft soon, so that will push me a little more towards that mindset. I am definitely not ready to talk about football and another 5-7 campaign.

As for the tournament. It's getting a little easier as time goes by. I think the thing that hurts the most is losing to IU and knowing Duke, UNC & Kansas all join them in the S16. :angry:

Think Briscoe comes back along with Lee, Willis, Matthews, etc. Murray, Tyler and Skal gonzo. We will have enough experience and incoming talent to be dope next year. [banana]
Midnight Madness will be here soon enough. Not going to wish the spring/summer away just yet.

Any other nerds ready for Batman v Superman this weekend?

I would have been if they hadn't had 20 trailers that pretty much gave away half the movie. I hate the way they market these blockbusters now. Should still be a decent enough movie though.

When you're hungry and the lass is watching the Food channel, don't ya just wanna punch those fvcks for eating great looking, well prepared and nurishing meals right in front of you?

:uzi:
Yes, if it's good I can't have it We ate at Red Lobster last night. I took a bottle of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I had the snow crab. PDG.

Last edited:
Who comes back?

A couple of things I'd like to see:

1. Add Bolden
2. Briscoe returns

I suspect that Cal doesn't want Skal back, especially if it puts Bolden at risk. This may be why Skal saw so much playing time he probably didn't deserve.

We know Murray is gone, Poythress is leaving to go pro in something other than sports. Ulis is 99% gone.

A lot of people are actually going to be angry if Skal decides to come back.

Don't remember that ever being the case with another player.

Not really in a sense, If it affects Bolden coming or not YES...If Cal makes him earn playing time like he does all the others ( preferential treatment WAS shown to Skal)..than NO..On Ulis...I love the kid like he is my own but I telling ya, Ulis will not have a career in the NBA because he is to short. I worry about that because he has the talent for sure but his height will be his handicap as well..I don't want to see him overseas somewhere or in the D league either..it's messed up!

Not sure any recruit who watched Skal would be afraid to come in and fight him for playing time. If he comes back that's fine, if he leaves, so be it. Don't care much either way.

Batman v Superman trailers did give away a lot. I am not sure why they didn't take the approach Disney did with Star Wars? Either way, huge comic book nerd, so I am looking forward to it.

Shocker of the day. Ben Simmons is returning. When I say returning, I mean returning to skipping classes and talking to sports agents.

MJ said we could have had Thomas Bryant but Cal didn't like him. o_O

I don't believe that. No fn way. Cal got Skal for crying out loud...have to assume he was not one of our top 3+ targets. So we got a backup, backup type recruit with Skal and then he still went out and grabbed Hump who was better than Skal from day 1 but didn't play, and then he grabbed that Tai kid, or whoever. He struck out everywhere.

Based on that I am sure Cal would have loved to have a legit big bodied center like Bryant.

Ulis, Murray, Skal, Poythress = gone.

Briscoe = ?

Everybody else will be here.

I was looking at a list of our opponents in the NCAA since Cal has been here. 32 games, only 8 against mid-majors. 24/32 have been against teams from the power 5/6 bball conferences. I counted UCONN as a big boy school. Contrast that with half of the ACC making the S16 with playing ONLY mid-majors. Smh....

I was looking at a list of our opponents in the NCAA since Cal has been here. 32 games, only 8 against mid-majors. 24/32 have been against teams from the power 5/6 bball conferences. I counted UCONN as a big boy school. Contrast that with half of the ACC making the S16 with playing ONLY mid-majors. Smh....

Yep, we have two losses against the eventual National Champion, a loss against a 1 seed and a loss against a 2 seed and those were higher seeded teams of course. Sunday was actually our worse NCAAT loss of the Calipari era and our only loss to a lower seeded team.

It is not our imagination, it is obvious bias. This is why we have played both UL and Indiana TWICE in the tourney in the last 5 years during the Calipari era - the committee loves setting us up for the cutesy rivalry games or seeding us with teams that are reloaded and out for revenge against us personally. If they could have seeded Wisconsin any sooner in our bracket last season they damn well would have done it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT