ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Mav. Correct.

Kitchenaid units have a notoriously hot warming plate... Burning coffee after brew and turning it bitter. I have the kitchenAid Proline drip machine and it has a setting for low and that's where I keep it... Or just turn off machine. I suck down two cups in 15 minutes and it's still hot.

Try descaling your machine with white vinegar first if you haven't in 6 mos. it could be affecting the temp of water at time of extraction causing off flavor.

Then after 2-3 brew cycles of water...put in 1 extra scoop of grounds and graduate up the next pot till you dial into what you deem as a likeable strength of Joe... Then THAT is your brew recipe.

When you grind beans fresh, that recipe will change.

THIS HAPPENED TO MY OLD ASS TODAY: Saw my doctor as planned at 12:30. She did all of the routine stuff and then checked my blood sugar level. It was extremely high (461) causing me to have dry mouth and all that. I was surprised that she said "I'm sending you to the ER for IV treatment." They dispatched an ER vehicle & full crew. Called QB on the way, and she went to pieces at once. Well, what about Sugar? "She'll be fine, it's not very hot, I left the windows down."

They get me over there and exchange gurneys. Vitals taken. Apparently no life threatening problems. I'm in the ER, but it is not an emergency because a half hour has passed and no action. The problem is that I have not had any Glyburide in a couple of months. The doctor did not have any Glyburide, neither did St. Joseph Hospital and Walgreens (except for 20 caplets.)

Bottom line is I bolted to my Walgreens, got their 20 caplets, took them (not the whole bunch, the dosage that I take - 2) and I am hydrating and having some oatmeal'

Am I stupid?

Not stupid, just a man.

Sweet, thx, will try that when I get home. What about switching to a medium blend and using an extry scoop. In other words, are darker blends more bitter by their very nature?
Yes and No.

That El Diablo you got, albeit a dark roast is carefully done to provide deep, sugary complex flavors...

You get a dark roast Starbucks Italian roast and it's like licking an ashtray.

Depends on whose roast ya got.

Try a medium roast and blast an extra scoop in there and that may be the flavor profile you're looking for.

My bet is... As soon as you get a grinder, burr up some decent shit...a light bulb will go on in Lil Mav's head.

Yes and No.

That El Diablo you got, albeit a dark roast is carefully done to provide deep, sugary complex flavors...

You get a dark roast Starbucks Italian roast and it's like licking an ashtray.

Depends on whose roast ya got.

Try a medium roast and blast an extra scoop in there and that may be the flavor profile you're looking for.

My bet is... As soon as you get a grinder, burr up some decent shit...a light bulb will go on in Lil Mav's head.
This sounds like something that may take several iterations to perfect. You need to break out the lab notebook and keep careful notes. Changing only one variable at a time.

@jedwar

Damnit, uncle jed! You get yet another break. I just heard on ESPN 8, The Ocho that LJ is sitting out YET AGAIN to rest.

<---------- Will not be drafting LJ's sorry azz next season. Dude never plays more than 3 games a week. And sometimes can only muster the strength to play twice a week. He must be on the Speers workout plan or something.

article-2539489-1AAAED8400000578-650_634x592.jpg
Trying these dudes next (full disclosure):
https://www.jbccoffeeroasters.com/90-plus-coffees

http://for.tn/1trlt2A?xid=for_em_sh

Last edited:
@jedwar

Damnit, uncle jed! You get yet another break. I just heard on ESPN 8, The Ocho that LJ is sitting out YET AGAIN to rest.

<---------- Will not be drafting LJ's sorry azz next season. Dude never plays more than 3 games a week. And sometimes can only muster the strength to play twice a week. He must be on the Speers workout plan or something.
I need the break. You kicking my azz

Sitting on the beach drinking a few beers talking to some folks my age and watching the spring breakers having fun and this thought crossed my muddy brain. The kids were having fun and we were too and one of my group said "Wouldn't it be nice to be that age again?" I may have pissed a few of the women in my group off when I said "You mean that you would want to worry about getting knocked up again?"

@jedwar

My FBB team imploded last week. Not looking good this week.

Sitting on the beach drinking a few beers talking to some folks my age and watching the spring breakers having fun and this thought crossed my muddy brain. The kids were having fun and we were too and one of my group said "Wouldn't it be nice to be that age again?" I may have pissed a few of the women in my group off when I said "You mean that you would want to worry about getting knocked up again?"
[laughing]

Speaking of which, I'm a new Grandpa today.

Jason, in all seriousness, ENJOY Kinlee. She'll be a big girl in the blink of an eye. Austin, congrats on being a paw paw.

And Donfather...if my blood sugar was 461, I'd be in a coma. Look into taking Glipizide. 10mg twice a day keeps me in check and I don't have to do insulin for now either. Your doctor absolutely did the right thing.

floating around youtube, came across the UK/IU Sweet 16 game from 2012.

Hot damn that team was so damn good [laughing]. The defense, the ball movement, the ability of anyone to stick a 15 footer, the continuity, the fluidity... just a beautiful basketball team. Wasn't anybody beating em that year. Team no NO weaknesses. God, I'd love to have another UK team like that again sometime soon before Cal is done.

Damn, that team was sick.

I'm actually a little depressed after watching that for a few minutes.

Going to post 3 eye candy videos before bedtime.

1. "Hats" Incognito. I would gladly get my red wings on every female in this video.

2. "Mas Que Nada" Nossa. High waisted shorts are hard to made to look sexy but these ladies made it work in spades!

3. "Sometimes (Playboy After Dark version)" Brand New Heavies. Retro sexiness. At the 2:22 mark...If a woman looked at me like that, my soul would be in danger of being sold. And the other ladies ain't bad either!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT