ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

2784968053_43479b76b0_b.jpg

My job: outside of normal, office cube shit... I get this issue thrown on my lap at 4:00 today.

One of my projects is converting the 100+ year old, 400,000sf marble New York Life building to luxury condos. On the 12th floor there's a clocktower terrace with 7' tall, 8000lb eagle statues placed atop posts. 10 total.

So, I get an email with a picture attached showing a crack monitor...

2 of these eagles are failing and may tumble onto the sidewalk below (150').

So, tomorrow I am going on site to formulate a strategy to stabilize the movement. I have to hurry.

Not much pressure. :grimace:

It looks to me like it would take one of those eagles just under 4.65 seconds to fall 150 ft and impact with a pressure of something like 2,815.29 pounds per square inch.

So, it's actually quite a lot of pressure.

I will not suck your nuts for free, my friend.
For doing so would surely prove me queer.
I hate to take you greatest wish away.
I pray that you do not shed one sole tear.
If you would see I fixed my prose above,
So not to make you mad or pissed Sir Funk.
Because you care so much the words of Love
Rhyme schemes were meant for rapping junk.

I sent a bunch of anti-IU references making fun of them to a UNC friend of mine that was trying to understand my hatred.

Now an ad for that hilariously terrible Rising from the Ashes: The Return of Indiana Basketball is a mainstay on the right side of this page. :mad::mad::mad:

College of Charleston coeds are a SURE cure for depression. Coeds in skirts riding bikes. Coeds in leggings bending over at street corners adjusting shoes/socks. But the best of all...coeds in skirts NGAF about their skirts blowing up in the wind. Their texting/phone call is WAY more important than their panties showing in public.

College of Charleston coeds are a SURE cure for depression. Coeds in skirts riding bikes. Coeds in leggings bending over at street corners adjusting shoes/socks. But the best of all...coeds in skirts NGAF about their skirts blowing up in the wind. Their texting/phone call is WAY more important than their panties showing in public.
Worked from home when I lived on Wentworth St. with my "office" looking out onto the street...exceptionally difficult to get stuff done in the warmer months. Shew wee. What a female student population. Always liked the girls going bikini in Marion Square that first day in February when the temperature hit like 60 degrees.

Talk about boner jamz.

Last edited:
THIS HAPPENED TO MY OLD ASS TODAY: Saw my doctor as planned at 12:30. She did all of the routine stuff and then checked my blood sugar level. It was extremely high (461) causing me to have dry mouth and all that. I was surprised that she said "I'm sending you to the ER for IV treatment." They dispatched an ER vehicle & full crew. Called QB on the way, and she went to pieces at once. Well, what about Sugar? "She'll be fine, it's not very hot, I left the windows down."

They get me over there and exchange gurneys. Vitals taken. Apparently no life threatening problems. I'm in the ER, but it is not an emergency because a half hour has passed and no action. The problem is that I have not had any Glyburide in a couple of months. The doctor did not have any Glyburide, neither did St. Joseph Hospital and Walgreens (except for 20 caplets.)

Bottom line is I bolted to my Walgreens, got their 20 caplets, took them (not the whole bunch, the dosage that I take - 2) and I am hydrating and having some oatmeal'

Am I stupid?

THIS HAPPENED TO MY OLD ASS TODAY: Saw my doctor as planned at 12:30. She did all of the routine stuff and then checked my blood sugar level. It was extremely high (461) causing me to have dry mouth and all that. I was surprised that she said "I'm sending you to the ER for IV treatment." They dispatched an ER vehicle & full crew. Called QB on the way, and she went to pieces at once. Well, what about Sugar? "She'll be fine, it's not very hot, I left the windows down."

They get me over there and exchange gurneys. Vitals taken. Apparently no life threatening problems. I'm in the ER, but it is not an emergency because a half hour has passed and no action. The problem is that I have not had any Glyburide in a couple of months. The doctor did not have any Glyburide, neither did St. Joseph Hospital and Walgreens (except for 20 caplets.)

Bottom line is I bolted to my Walgreens, got their 20 caplets, took them and I am hydrating and having some oatmeal'

Am I stupid?
Not stupid at all, you got to the right place. Glyburide caused me more trouble then not and they switched me off of it. I had the opposite problem then you have. I was crashing low sugar due to the fact that glyburide is fushed by the kidneys and mine wasn't getting it done. Yours may be flushing too quick? Get better!

Because QB is supposed to wrun that part of our life. I will not allow that to happen again.
Not related to your situation, but I've learned that it's never a good idea to let your significant other handle your medication, unless you're bedridden. M-I-L made that mistake and it (he) made her nuttier than she already was.

Again, nothing to do with you. Just something I've noticed from three different couples.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT