ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

oOheVpt.gif

just an observation, lee is very active (almost hyper active, one might say...). Having him guard valentine (assuming we both make it that far), might be a good arbitrage opportunity for us...

Lee couldn't guard Valentine's jock strap. He would get two fouls in the first 2 minutes. Of course he usually does that anyway…but no way you put Lee on Valentine. Poythress maybe…but not Lee.

Poythress is a bad luck charm. Wish it wasn't is, but it do.

The less minutes he gets during the tournament, the better. I know this sounds ridiculous, I just don't care at this point. I had to get it off of my chest.

Wrong! Wrong! Sort of anyway.

The whole key to any game is if Poythress comes out of the gate early. If he gets a couple of buckets early without traveling and stays out of foul trouble early…then he will be a beast. Been proven time and again. It's all about having success early for him.

If he travels early or gets his shot blocked or gets a quick foul…then you are right. Limit his minutes because he will hang his head and disappear any way.

Wrong! Wrong! Sort of anyway.

The whole key to any game is if Poythress comes out of the gate early. If he gets a couple of buckets early without traveling and stays out of foul trouble early…then he will be a beast. Been proven time and again. It's all about having success early for him.

If he travels early or gets his shot blocked or gets a quick foul…then you are right. Limit his minutes because he will hang his head and disappear any way.
I've been saying that getting Poythress and Skal going early was the tweak.

Man I feel bad that I talked you out of your original, correct, answer haha.
  1. Breshnev '64
  2. '68 election
  3. Thundering Herd crash '70
  4. As '72
Thanks to everyone for playing, y'all have a great evening. Drive safely.

I thought for sure Breshnev was batting clean up in that lineup. Ouch. I was way off on that.

I've been saying that getting Poythress and Skal going early was the tweak.

The two biggest tweaks thus far have been (1) getting Murray to become more of a catch and shoot guy than an all one on one/drive & create guy and (2) Letting Skal play as a stretch 4 rather than trying to turn him into a back-to-the-basket post player.

Pisses me off too because Cal was very stubborn on #2 for most of the season. He should have recognized that Skal would best serve this team as a stretch 4 during the first pick-up game on campus back in the summer. Skal would have much more confidence now if he had been playing his natural position all season long. As it stands…Skal is basically just getting started…like it's November or December as far as his progression.

Real question.

Forget personalities. Just straight up, head to head game. Who do you take? Last year's team or this year? Top 5 v top 5, with 3 off the bench. Only from your recollection of them as college players (i.e. Devin last year vs. Devin the NBA assassin)

Please provide examples and show your math.

Real question.

Forget personalities. Just straight up, head to head game. Who do you take? Last year's team or this year? Top 5 v top 5, with 3 off the bench. Only from your recollection of them as college players (i.e. Devin last year vs. Devin the NBA assassin)

Please provide examples and show your math.

Look, i don't mean to be an asshole in any way, but last year's team was legendary; i'd take that team over this one in a heartbeat. If each game in the tourney was a best of three series, we would have won the championship last year for sure.

Comparing last years team to this years is like comparing Secretariat to John Henry, two very different horses. Last years horse fell short just once and came in without the hardware that counts. This one is working harder each time out and like John Henry seems to know what they have to do to get to the finish line first. Last years team may indeed have won in a head to head game but that they never won the championship game. This years team still has that dream. I will wait until they have no chance at that to rate them.

Look, i don't mean to be an asshole in any way, but last year's team was legendary; i'd take that team over this one in a heartbeat. If each game in the tourney was a best of three series, we would have won the championship last year for sure.

Since we are playing what-ifs. What if UK didn't lose to those cream cups and the only team or teams that we lost to were LSU and A&M? What if this year's team had 1 or 2 losses?

Man, I'm still pissed about last year

My job: outside of normal, office cube shit... I get this issue thrown on my lap at 4:00 today.

One of my projects is converting the 100+ year old, 400,000sf marble New York Life building to luxury condos. On the 12th floor there's a clocktower terrace with 7' tall, 8000lb eagle statues placed atop posts. 10 total.

So, I get an email with a picture attached showing a crack monitor...

2 of these eagles are failing and may tumble onto the sidewalk below (150').

So, tomorrow I am going on site to formulate a strategy to stabilize the movement. I have to hurry.

Not much pressure. :grimace:

My job: outside of normal, office cube shit... I get this issue thrown on my lap at 4:00 today.

One of my projects is converting the 100+ year old, 400,000sf marble New York Life building to luxury condos. On the 12th floor there's a clocktower terrace with 7' tall, 8000lb eagle statues placed atop posts. 10 total.

So, tomorrow I am going on site to formulate a strategy to stabilize the movement. I have to hurry.

Not sure where you are going to find that much duct tape, but good luck!

For Willy...listen for it at the end..

images

Since we are playing what-ifs. What if UK didn't lose to those cream cups and the only team or teams that we lost to were LSU and A&M? What if this year's team had 1 or 2 losses?

Man, I'm still pissed about last year

willy, if that had happened, you and i would probably be throwing down a few while making fun of clappy cupping pitino's onions for 15s or so.

let's bring home number nine to make up for last year's pain

Those eagles are baller as shit. Once you stabilize them, you should coat them in gold.

Ullis runs last years team from day 1 and they win the title...maybe not. I know it's all what ifs and fair amount of luck. I still take Tyler over anybody. That's who I want quarterbacking my team for a shot at a title. He just refuses to lose and understands the game at such a high level. Watching him and Briscoe carve up defenses is fn awesome - Murray the way he moves off the ball - It's fine art, and Tyler just gets it. A lot of this team gets it on offense. I love this team. They are special.

I take 16 because I hate the Harrison twins and idgaf. We lost to Wiwconsin because of WCS who was frustrating as heck. That team was sick nasty but they were not as likeable as this one. Tyler has captured my heart in a way I cannot describe. And Jamal, Briscoe, and Willis. I just really enjoy watching those boys play basketball together. They fit well together.

I'll stfu now.

Those eagles are baller as shit. Once you stabilize them, you should coat them in gold.

Ullis runs last years team from day 1 and they win the title...maybe not. I know it's all what ifs and fair amount of luck. I still take Tyler over anybody. That's who I want quarterbacking my team for a shot at a title. He just refuses to lose and understands the game at such a high level. Watching him and Briscoe carve up defenses is fn awesome - Murray the way he moves off the ball - It's fine art, and Tyler just gets it. A lot of this team gets it on offense. I love this team. They are special.

I take 16 because I hate the Harrison twins and idgaf. We lost to Wiwconsin because of WCS who was frustrating as heck. That team was sick nasty but they were not as likeable as this one. Tyler has captured my heart in a way I cannot describe. And Jamal, Briscoe, and Willis. I just really enjoy watching those boys play basketball together. They fit well together.

I'll stfu now.

agree with you on tyler--he's like a mini Chuck Hayes

Last year's team was a poor shooting 3team except for when Booker got hot... Or we didn't take that many to begin with, so our offense was slow and methodical.... Pounding teams into submission. Offensive put backs. Unbelievable defense.

This year's team is like an old Bombino team. String-beans inside and cutters and bombers outside. Exciting and streaky, but off shooting night is sure disaster. Mediocre/shitty defense.

I like watching this team better because there's literally no pressure. Pure joy watching Ulis.
Plus, you know #9 is a reality with next year's bumper crop coming in and practically every team in NCAA stinks.

Last year you sighed with relief in victory, this year you cheer.

I would have loved to see this version of Tyler vs. Andrew in practice. I can't think of any reason Harrison would have started over Ulis.

I take college Jamal over college Devin and Aaron.

The disparity of bigs is too great to overcome the awesomeness of this year's guards, I suppose.

We had Trey Lyles, Willie and Dakari that could all play the 5 against anyone in the country, if necessary. That's just ridiculous.

Bus reservations made. Austin to Little Rock to Nashville to Knoxville. Stop for a day each in Little Rock and Nashville.

Airline ticket purchased. Depart Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson) at 8 PM on 4/25. Flying Southwest.

Car rental reservation made. Enterprise. Pick-up on 4/15 in Knoxville. Drop in ATL at 3 PM on 4/25. Jump on MARTA and visit Donfather before I fly back to ATX.

Gents, I am heading back to Kentucky very soon. Wooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT