ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Replace "behoove" with "plethora" and I'm right there with you, brother. Never was very fond of the word "behoove". Unless it is used in the negative with the word "ill" preceding it. In which case it at least gets technical consideration for the favorite phrases list. As in…It "ill behooves" the peasants to leave out the last "e" when addressing el presidente.

I hear the rumblings of pitchforks and torches. FCC.

I've heard mention of the crown meltdown, but never knew what it was about. I liked posting in the greatest 25-3 team or whatever thread. So Fred is Crown. Whatever. I never pay d much attention to user names until I started posting in the D regularly.

I like the concrete mixers at Culvers. Burgers & fried chicken are good too. I had Wendy's a few days ago. It was nasty. Don't know what they've done with the meat.

I'm tired as hell & the wife keeps trying to tell me shit to do. Don't feel like it. I e got the poison ivy sunburn torn rotator cuff flu or maybe just shingles. Be glad when this shiz is done.

I've heard mention of the crown meltdown, but never knew what it was about. I liked posting in the greatest 25-3 team or whatever thread. So Fred is Crown. Whatever. I never pay d much attention to user names until I started posting in the D regularly.

I like the concrete mixers at Culvers. Burgers & fried chicken are good too. I had Wendy's a few days ago. It was nasty. Don't know what they've done with the meat.

I'm tired as hell & the wife keeps trying to tell me shit to do. Don't feel like it. I e got the poison ivy sunburn torn rotator cuff flu or maybe just shingles. Be glad when this shiz is done.
Hang in there.

Get well soon. all that crap sucks donkey balls. As far as the Crown melt down I or he haven't a clue what it was about. Maybe in my next life or out of body experience I will understand. For now I wil file it under "Shit Happens."

I really don't understand banning on a message board short of outright threats to someone's life. Learn to handle shit or how to use ignore. It's not that hard to create another account apparently.

But here's an idea: make a sticky at the top of threads that have ended with posters being banned.[/QUOTE

Poking fun of silly shit is my biggest crime to my way of thinking. I have yet to understand how some old fart can get under peoples skin but that is just me. I do understand keeping the boards civil though and have no problem with being banished. Being attacked and doubted isn't anything new but as I said my bear poking stick is retired.

I really don't understand banning on a message board short of outright threats to someone's life. Learn to handle shit or how to use ignore. It's not that hard to create another account apparently.

But here's an idea: make a sticky at the top of threads that have ended with posters being banned.
It happens, but the Ignore feature is cool. In the old days on Usenet newsgroups, various newsreaders included the good old "Killfile", similar to ignore. The feature was also flawed, like this board, in that quotes also appeared when another poster quoted a troll. On the other hand, Usenet is largely un-moderated. I got away with all kinds of stuff in the 90s on newsgroups, even knocking folks offline with a port nuker.

Good morning friend of mine. 49 here in the City. Rained for 48 hrs. Didn't see how much but I considered an Ark. Did y'all get a bunch of rain ATC. FCC.
[laughing]

Thanks for the well-wishes, FCC. Yes, we received over 3 inches rain and it's still coming down slowly. We should get more between now and tomorrow. That also means a good Bluebonnet crop. Currently 62°F in ATX.

Lol my town - home of tons of mustard gas stores in a space that's bigger than the town itself - has now discovered the 1,000+ of faulty welds that would need to be fixed are actually not fixable, so they're gonna reconstruct a brand new network of pipes right there on site. The years of welding this California company did was useless. This project has been hilarious.

• Lol my town - home of tons of mustard gas stores in a space that's bigger than the town itself - has now discovered the 1,000+ of faulty welds that would need to be fixed are actually not fixable, so they're gonna reconstruct a brand new network of pipes right there on site. The years of welding this California company did was useless. This project has been hilarious.
  • Did the U.S. Government have anything to do with this project?

• Did the U.S. Government have anything to do with this project?

I think they have everything to do with this project. There's also a certain ex senator loosely involved who specializes in fn over his own city. I believe he will be the one developing this land when it's all cleared up. It's beautiful land. Home to all kinds of deer and wildlife. It's like the gateway to the mountains/irvine. Can't wait to see what kind of massive apartment blocks will be built there.

This project is a huge boost to our economy. I forgot the number, but there are thousands of out of state workers that have been living here forever. Numerous new apartment complexes just to house these people.

• Good mornin, posters.
  • 69°F in Johns Creek, but overcast. Could be IFR. Nice morning though.
  • Mug of Keurig going.
  • Tom Leach Show going.
  • Game Day. 7:00 EST. Alabama.
  • Rain last night from midnight until ??? I was sleeping.
    th
  • to FCC's little boy.
  • Have a very good Friday.
  • Over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT