ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Beautiful morning, nice and warm, I'm in happytown!

Waiting on ADT man...alarm issues
Waiting on plumber....faucet issues...bought home warranty several years back, covers everything pay 75.00 co-pay they fix or replace..well worth it in my case

After that I will spray some round-up around ..

I don't have a clue. I've been watching this damn thing for a while, and the only thing I'm certain of is nobody really knows what they're doing re: seeding. It's the dumbest thing everybody frets over. In the end, humans decide, humans are biased, and they make mistakes.

Line em up. I wanna play the best if we're gonna do this thing. Bring it, hoes. Would really love to see UL, as always, but that can't be lol. Indiana, let's go. They seem to have something this year. Would love to see Tom Crean. Duke, pray to god we see you, you F's. That's all I really wanna see. Maybe Gonzaga and Kyle. I don't miss you anymore, Kyle. Derek would kick your ass, TMFS.

this place smells like moth balls.

How did you get his legs apart?

200.gif

Last edited:
I don't think the wins on Friday and Saturday will be impressive enough to jump us to the 2. Ole Miss/Alabama and USCjr are a couple of mehs, and it's supposedly 'set' before the championship game. We're a 3, IMO.
Somehow it works that beating UK is a good win. Doesn't matter if we actually have a good team or not. UK beating anyone in the SEC is not a good win. We are simply held to a higher standard. 3 or 4 seed. Just hope for a decent bracket.

• Morning, you guys.
  • Keurig Dark Magic going. Delicious.
  • 60°F in Johns Creek. Calm and clear. VFR. Nicest morning in a long time.
  • Heard a little of Tom Leach. Missed most of it.
  • Mack Jones going.
  • Got in last night and ran into Crossfire Trail on the Western Channel. Tom Selleck played a good Western character. Like him.
  • Oatmeal and strawberries going. Delicious.
  • Have a good Tuesday at work.
  • Over.

Any way on earth we can play our way to the last 2 seed? If everything goes right and we have some losers at the 6-12 ranking spots. I still think, assuming we win the SEC tournament we will be a 3, even though all I hear is we are a 4.
As long as we're in the Louisville 'Pod', I don't care if we're a 5 seed... We're winning any home game against this field of stiffs.

Uncle died last week and funeral was yesterday. We'd see each other 2 or 3 times a year, so not very close, but still a good dude. He was a real life cowboy.

Went to Vietnam and was right in the thick of it. Had to kill guys as they were coming at him. I can't imagine. Agent Orange led directly to his cancer, the doctors say. Got back home from Nam and never wanted to travel anywhere else. Set up a farm, raised a family, tobacco, cows and horses. Made horse trailers by hand. Drove Amish folks around to places they couldn't buggy to. Married for 45 years to my aunt and was a member of his church for 50.

Quite a man.

Uncle died last week and funeral was yesterday. We'd see each other 2 or 3 times a year, so not very close, but still a good dude. He was a real life cowboy.

Went to Vietnam and was right in the thick of it. Had to kill guys as they were coming at him. I can't imagine. Agent Orange led directly to his cancer, the doctors say. Got back home from Nam and never wanted to travel anywhere else. Set up a farm, raised a family, tobacco, cows and horses. Made horse trailers by hand. Drove Amish folks around to places they couldn't buggy to. Married for 45 years to my aunt and was a member of his church for 50.

Quite a man.

Sorry funKY. Thanks for sharing. FCC.

from a historical and personal standpoint, my favorite person in the Bible is King David. Because there is a whole LOT of me in him, and he did some things that exceed even MY idea of 'What can I possibly get away with?' And in the end, he was redeemed. So there IS hope for me after all.

I agree and I think a lot of people feel this way - the guy is just so easy to relate to.

When he was old and in his last days, he had a couple of young women that slept with him to keep him warm at night - that is just boss level stuff right there.

I agree and I think a lot of people feel this way - the guy is just so easy to relate to.

When he was old and in his last days, he had a couple of young women that slept with him to keep him warm at night - that is just boss level stuff right there.

Wonder if they had a particular side or swapped up. FCC.

Quite a man.

Wow, thanks for sharing funKY - sorry for you and your family's loss.

Quite a man.

Sorry to hear that Funk, sounds like an awesome guy. Nam vets hold a special place in my heart..

Quite a man.
Sorry for your loss Funky but at the same time I am very glad to hear how your uncle lived after his tour in Nam. I have lost three old shipmates who served on the boats there in the last two years. One just last month. Two died from cancer possibly related to agent orange also. One of them had a small tract of land near Olive Hill where he raised goats and lived a quite good life also. Another went back to school and did charity work in the DC area. The one who just passed last month shut down some twenty years later but overall lived a productive life.

Sorry for rambling but too often I hear horror stories about vets and I thank you for sharing your uncles story which is much more pleasant to hear. There are way too many who ruined their lives and marriages fighting demons from that shit hole. Thanks again and prayers toward you and your family.

I have an uncle (very retired) that is about 90. His wife is about 89. He was too young for WWII, so not a vet. He farmed, worked at Pathfinder building hearses and raised 80,000 chickens at a time. By himself with the help of a very young son. What a man he has been and still is. A great example of what hard work can bring.

Sorry Funky...my aunt died last week. really fast. shed come up to see us christmas and felt bad, went to doctor in january, concern about cancer, did CT, found cancer in mediastinum. did biopsy, small cell (this was determined Feb. 17-19) and made appointment for oncologist for February 24, was unresponsive that morning, went to ER, then hospital, then ICU, then died on February 26. Id told her i was planning to see her this week. Literally couldn't get there any earlier. Thought we had months, weeks at worst. Crazy. She was a very cool person who taught me to love music and reading...two of my favorite things. I can't thank her enough for being who she was. Hate that my kids won't really know her, as they are still too young (6), even though they will remember her. We miss her already. I am worried about her my uncle. My mom is doing pretty well to have lost her baby sister.

Sorry Funky...my aunt died last week. really fast. shed come up to see us christmas and felt bad, went to doctor in january, concern about cancer, did CT, found cancer in mediastinum. did biopsy, small cell (this was determined Feb. 17-19) and made appointment for oncologist for February 24, was unresponsive that morning, went to ER, then hospital, then ICU, then died on February 26. Id told her i was planning to see her this week. Literally couldn't get there any earlier. Thought we had months, weeks at worst. Crazy. She was a very cool person who taught me to love music and reading...two of my favorite things. I can't thank her enough for being who she was. Hate that my kids won't really know her, as they are still too young (6), even though they will remember her. We miss her already. I am worried about her my uncle. My mom is doing pretty well to have lost her baby sister.

Sorry for your loss LordEgg. FCC.

Funerals are dumb, BTW. Burn me, urn me, and have a party, I say. Everyone sitting in some big room in silent misery is not how I want to go out. If the wife insists that we do 'funerals' I'm going to put some wild song choices in there, at least.

my aunt did not want one. she was cremated. were gonna have a get together in the next few weeks. my uncle said it would be some pictures of her, her music playing and a time to talk about her. I'm good with that. in fact better with that than anything else, i think.

Funerals are dumb, BTW. Burn me, urn me, and have a party, I say. Everyone sitting in some big room in silent misery is not how I want to go out. If the wife insists that we do 'funerals' I'm going to put some wild song choices in there, at least.

Yep. My wishes are to put my ashes on a tin can heading to Spain and dump them off the ass end of it off Barcelona or some towns I can't spell. That way I have a chance to wash up near a bar or brothel that I was familiar with. Nice ending to my way of thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT