ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

my aunt did not want one. she was cremated. were gonna have a get together in the next few weeks. my uncle said it would be some pictures of her, her music playing and a time to talk about her. I'm good with that. in fact better with that than anything else, i think.

I've preached a few funerals. Been to a bunch too. Always respect the families wishes for how it is to be. FCC.

Also, if I'm still on the Paddock when I croak, you jackasses better start a kick-ass death thread for me or I'll come back and haunt your miserable asses for all eternity.

I'll be working on my post ahead of time. Probaly going with a 4-7 degrees of separation angle that only a few of the smarterest posters will even understand.

Maverick is a modern Western comedy movie.
Wild Wild West was a modern western comedy movie
Wild Wild West starred Will Smith
Will Smith was a rapper
Kool Moe Dee was a rapper who had a song named Wild Wild West,
ergo

RIP Sweet Fresh Prince
fresh.jpg

Funk, Egg, Mav - my sincere condolences to you all.

Egg - your kids may not know your aunt directly, but it sounds like she had a great influence on you, so you will be able to pass that on to your kids.

As for funerals, I don't much care for them. I played taps for my papaw's funeral (that always seemed special). Made a few remarks at my dad's. When I kick off, the one thing that I'd appreciate is for anyone that knew me to just give a kind word to my wife & daughter.

I want at least part of my ashes to be used in a practical joke. Put some in the vents of a car of my enemy. When he turns on the air, my dead carcass will make him choke.

Funerals are dumb, but nothing tops weddings. I got one in May that I'm dreading. It's gonna be baaaad. Hoity-toity to the nth degree. It's outside. I'm secretly praying for a small tornado. Just a little one. Something to make these mf'ers stop and think "well shit I guess I didn't need those hand-painted $3k napkins, really". Gdit.

Funerals ain't dumb at all when I really think about it. That's a damn good reason for something.

Not going to get into coincidences, but my wife's Aunt Lucille died Saturday night from a heart attack. She was a beautiful person.

She was a Dr of speech pathology who retrained servicemen to talk, traumatized by the effects of WWII at the VA.

Widowed twice. Last time to an air force Colonel.

Poor thing was 92 and ALL alone withering away at Jefferson Place in Louisville. My MIL and BIL were about the only folks attending burial at Cave Hill. She took care of her mom up until 15 years ago who passed at age 111.

Condolences to y'all.

Funk, Egg, Mav - my sincere condolences to you all.

Egg - your kids may not know your aunt directly, but it sounds like she had a great influence on you, so you will be able to pass that on to your kids.

As for funerals, I don't much care for them. I played taps for my papaw's funeral (that always seemed special). Made a few remarks at my dad's. When I kick off, the one thing that I'd appreciate is for anyone that knew me to just give a kind word to my wife & daughter.

I want at least part of my ashes to be used in a practical joke. Put some in the vents of a car of my enemy. When he turns on the air, my dead carcass will make him choke.

That makes one hell of a great going away gift. Only thing about that is that I would have to beg, borrow or steal ashes to have enough for every one

I wish blue bell would marry me but bitch won't even return an email.

Man what a time to be alive! Wow.

Can you imagine grunting and sweating out an orca in the women's restroom? That'd be gold. Like talking to yourself and whoever else would listen. GIRL I DONT KNOW WHAT GOT INTO ME BUT ITS ALL COMING OUT NOW GOLLYGEE I APOLOGIZE MAM BUT YIU GOTTA COME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ORCA IF I MAKE IT OUT OF HERE ALIVE LOLLL I TELL U WHAT.

Funerals are dumb, but nothing tops weddings. I got one in May that I'm dreading. It's gonna be baaaad. Hoity-toity to the nth degree. It's outside. I'm secretly praying for a small tornado. Just a little one. Something to make these mf'ers stop and think "well shit I guess I didn't need those hand-painted $3k napkins, really". Gdit.

Funerals ain't dumb at all when I really think about it. That's a damn good reason for something.
I didn't know you were pregnant.

There was a cook at the Joint Italian and American air station in Sigonella who prepared flight meals for the air crews.The rule said they couldn't eat the same meals in case something went wrong. One air crew made up reasons to land there when his brownies were coming out of the oven.Not considered getting high in space maybe but high in the air?

Uncle Jed I did the drainage crap a few weeks back, Took antibiotics and steroids and some high end cough meds but it ran its course. Things seem calm on here now. I haven't had a melt down in years now and have retired my bear poking sticks. That is my update as I know it.

On my way to work today I was in the fast lane on 400 South driving the lane speed for that moment when a blue car in lane 3 changed to lane 2 and kissed that car and that car kissed my right front bumper and fender. Not a great deal of damage, but both cars left the scene of the accident. I called 911 abd stayed there until the Sandy Springs Police came to take a report, Very dangerous on 400. Lots of idiot drivers. I getting a dash cam tomorrow. ****!

Uncle Jed I did the drainage crap a few weeks back, Took antibiotics and steroids and some high end cough meds but it ran its course. Things seem calm on here now. I haven't had a melt down in years now and have retired my bear poking sticks. That is my update as I know it.
Whatever is going around is bad. We have several flu cases in school along with the crud.

Pet Peeve: Users and co-workers not in my unit who require something immediately. Not in 5 minutes Not in 1 minute, but now! Never mind if I am working on something of critical importance. Gah!!!!
eek.gif

This "something" can be user permissions on a drive or SharePoint or a client needs immediate repair. Hence the reason for prioritizing tasks via a ticketing system, such as Remedy.

Yeah, I get pissed about it, and let everyone know within cubicle earshot just how pissed I am.

/end rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT