ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Here's a clip of me crushing a towering blast 3-4 years ago -- i.e. when I was still horribly out of shape. (A teammate told me he heard a chorus of angels softly singing as the ball was soaring along its arc, but I dunno if that's true CAUSE I WAS GODDAMNED FOCUSED.)

Crushed.

All upper-body swing, but hey not bad. Lefties have such an advantage in Softball...the pitch comes descends at the exact opposite trajectory of the typical lefty uppercut.

It's awesome.

Reggie Jackson swing was violent and beautiful.

Hip turn & leg drive I guess not needed in slow pitch.

Fivehead > Forehead.
#context
UuTYaqc.jpg

In his 60's, Reggie still blasts shots in Old Timers' games. Dude is a freak athlete and is still in primo shape. Michael Kaye and Kenny Singleton (YES) were commenting yesterday that the guy looks like he could still play.

The Hershel Walker of baseball.

In his 60's, Reggie still blasts shots in Old Timers' games. Dude is a freak athlete and is still in primo shape. Michael Kaye and Kenny Singleton (YES) were commenting yesterday that the guy looks like he could still play.

The Hershel Walker of baseball.

I hear you on Reggie's swing. Poetic. Almost ground level. When he missed he was in the dirt, on the ground. FCC.

Talking baseball reminds me of a time I got to see Hank Aaron play the Cards in Atlanta. I had driven over from Memphis to see the game. He came to bat five times and the first four were hit straight up the middle for base hits. The fifth at bat they walked him. No home runs but that day remains one of the best hitting displays I have managed to see in my lifetime.

Four home runs in a game
Only 16 players have have hit four home runs in a game in Major League history.
audio_gold.gif
video_gold.gif
indicates game available in Baseball's Best
American League

Player, Team Date Result
Josh Hamilton, Texas 05-08-2012 Texas 10, Baltimore 3 MLB.com coverage >
Carlos Delgado, Toronto 09-25-2003 Toronto 10, Tampa Bay 8 MLB.com coverage >
Mike Cameron, Seattle 05-02-2002 Seattle 15, Chicago 4 MLB.com coverage >
Rocky Colavito, Cleveland 06-10-1959 Cleveland 11, Baltimore 8
Pat Seerey, Chicago 07-18-1948 Chicago 12, Philadelphia A's 11
Lou Gehrig, New York 06-03-1932 New York 20, Philadelphia 13
National League

Player, Team Date Result
Shawn Green, Los Angeles 05-23-2002 LA 16, Milwaukee 3 MLB.com coverage > |
Mark Whiten, St. Louis 09-07-1993 St. Louis 15, Cincinnati 2
Bob Horner, Atlanta 07-06-1986 Montreal 11, Atlanta 8
Mike Schmidt, Philadelphia 04-17-1976 Philadelphia 18, Chicago 16 (10 inn.)
Willie Mays, San Francisco 04-30-1961 San Francisco 14, Milwaukee 4
Joe Adcock, Milwaukee 07-31-1954 Milwaukee 15, Brooklyn 7
Gil Hodges, Brooklyn 08-31-1950 Brooklyn 15, Boston 3
Chuck Klein, Philadelphia 07-10-1936 Philadelphia 9, Pittsburgh 6 (10 inn.)
Ed Delahanty, Philadelphia 07-13-1896 Chicago 9, Philadelphia 8
Bobby Lowe, Boston 05-30-1894 Boston 12, Cincinnati 11

I hate the Padres. How weird is that. My dad must have been owed some favor by someone in the cards organization when I was a kid. But not a big favor. Like maybe he checked on their house while they were out of town or something. Anyway, he always had tickets for the Padres series in St. Louis. Never Atlanta. Houston one time. Never the Cubs. The effin padres. It's proof a kid can learn to hate even the most insignificant of things. Like the Padres. Who were insignificant.

Back to yalls real baseball discussion. I will say I love Vince Coleman to this day. And Willie McGee could fly considering his legs ran in opposite directions.

I hate the Padres. How weird is that. My dad must have been owed some favor by someone in the cards organization when I was a kid. But not a big favor. Like maybe he checked on their house while they were out of town or something. Anyway, he always had tickets for the Padres series in St. Louis. Never Atlanta. Houston one time. Never the Cubs. The effin padres. It's proof a kid can learn to hate even the most insignificant of things. Like the Padres. Who were insignificant.

Back to yalls real baseball discussion. I will say I love Vince Coleman to this day. And Willie McGee could fly considering his legs ran in opposite directions.
Willie McGee was a Yankee farm product traded away like morons... Jay Buhner, Fred McGriff...

In any case, I too am not fond of the Padres as they took Graig Nettles away from me.

One of my old class mates took a rural all star little league to a tournament against a hot shot inner city team. Some how a snake found its way onto the field when they took the field at the top of the first. They seemed off their a game a touch and the country kids moved on. He claimed the snake was just a stroke of luck.

...and 23 bad guys died. John was very efficient with his bullets. Unlike some of those movies today that will shoot a thousand rounds without results. FCC.
Oh, yeah, he was a good shot. He was a good shot. I once saw him hit a silver dollar tossed up in the air 3 straight times. Hell, he was John Wayne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT