ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

What if you got there on a great big gray vessel with USN painted on the side? What then?
Don, even at times that gets goofy. I was assigned to Sicily in the early 70's and ran into some very strange laws between the NATO forces. Fast forward to the early 2000's and even stranger crap rose out of the restrictions on things. A group from DELTA and their dogs were held aboard an American Aircraft of a joint air base because of some politico decided they didn't have the proper clearance or some such crap. Red tape Bull Crap in short that slowed down an operation. I have a lot of other examples but this one jumped front and center on this subject.

Last edited:
It's all the bullshit done when you purchase a gun from a dealer. They run a check on you prior to selling a gun to you, then when purchased the gun is registered in your name at the dealer. if your mother bought the gun it would registered in her name.
So the only gun that I bought from a dealer was 25 years ago. I remember filling out some paperwork, but there were no checks like today. I assume that gun could be traced to me. The rest of my guns were gifted to me. Most would have been purchased long before a lot of these records were kept. I have no idea who they are registered to.

I am ignorant of most gun laws. I have looked to see if I could register my guns, but my state does not have a gun registry. I suspect there is stuff in place if I buy a new gun here.

What can anyone tell me about open carry. For instance, if I go hiking in the woods, can I carry my pistol in a holster? I'm not talking about going around town with it.

looks like bo ryan has the pitino persuasion.

544d161a4e783.0.jpg

The devil must be sitting on my shoulder to cause me to do this and I ask for forgiveness if you can find it in your hearts to do so. With the announcement that Coach Cal's son will be a walk on I will now go on record and predict that he will not cause a player that plays his position to be afflicted with asthma until he graduates. I know that horse has been beat to death but what the hell?

Cal's son signing to play for Kentucky is big news and a great lesson to all young people out there.

Its hard to out earn old money and being born of influence is much easier than creating the influence. Cal did the work, Brad lives the dream and countless other kids with much better game and who have put in more work won't get to live their life long dream of wearing that uniform or receive the advantages that come with it in the future.

It doesn't get more American than that and it's wonderful.

Wife is freaking out that her blood pressure is reading a little low and she doesn't feel that well. I mean...it's like consistently 100/70. It's low, but not like OMGWTF low. Calling the on-call Dr. Not going to bed, etc.

how did you measure the pressure? do a cap refill test on her. pinch her fingernail till the blood drains out and measure how long it takes for the blood to refill. If it doesn't return to normal within a second, you might want to take her to the doc.

I have one of those also. Do not enjoy shooting the magnums either because it is such a cannon. The muzzle flash might be 16-18 inches long. Very powerful weapon.

I have arthritic hands and that makes the magnum a two handed gun. I like the 44 Special because it then becomes a one handed gun. My son has no problem with the magnum but it simply hurts me.

I do keep the magnums in the gun next to the bed so if I need to shoot through a couple wall and still stop the bad guys. I often wondered how long it would take one to get their hearing back if they shot that pistol in a room. My brother in law has a Smith & Wesson 50 cal magnum and I don't know if it is as loud as the 44.

Cal's son signing to play for Kentucky is big news and a great lesson to all young people out there.

Its hard to out earn old money and being born of influence is much easier than creating the influence. Cal did the work, Brad lives the dream and countless other kids with much better game and who have put in more work won't get to live their life long dream of wearing that uniform or receive the advantages that come with it in the future.

It doesn't get more American than that and it's wonderful.

Do you understand what walk on means?

When did Pappy Van Winkle just start skyrocketing in price? $200-$300 for the 10 year. $2700 for the 23 year. About 15 years ago I bought the 23 for $150. Thats some hellified inflation. My wife was going to get me a bottle of the 10 year for $250 for my birthday. Told her no. The 10 year is a $30 bourbon, not $300. I get supply and demand, but just no.

Was in a Persian restaurant last week in Atlanta...and they had Pappy 10, 20 and I think even the 23 in stock. Asked about prices, she started at $40+ per drink for the 10 year old and I didn't even let her get to any others.

Nope. Even on someone else's nickel it's not worth it. Fantastic food but a little odd to find Pappy in a Persian restaurant.

thanks for the invite...and i missed being invited earlier LEK...wouldnt have known about this other than the NSA box said i had been tagged.

Ill follow along here for awhile...see if i can offer anything.

Going back to the old political board, that was full of piss and vinegar but damn it had a daily get in the floor and laugh post, always. Miss that crew.

Why does the two seed play 6 hours after the one seed? Especially with the next game, assuming both win, being at noon and three (roughly)? Then the finals being at noon...Or can i not read...i think thats right. This is a serious disadvantage for the two that shouldn't be built-in to the system...and i want aTm on a neutral court again. I can handle losing a three hour advantage to the higher seed, but losing six hours then three in the course of three days seems wrong to me.

Why does the two seed play 6 hours after the one seed? Especially with the next game, assuming both win, being at noon and three (roughly)? Then the finals being at noon...Or can i not read...i think thats right. This is a serious disadvantage for the two that shouldn't be built-in to the system...and i want aTm on a neutral court again. I can handle losing a three hour advantage to the higher seed, but losing six hours then three in the course of three days seems wrong to me.
You're not wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT