ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

do kinda feel bad for Lee and Lewis, and it sucks that this happened in a year where it seems like all of the players are genuinely likeable guys. But on the other hand, they DID choose to play for a piece of shit with a history of paying to have his unborn child aborted, cheated on his wife, and is a general ego-maniacal piece of shit.

So... they get what they deserve.
Ultimately, yea, they choose, but it's not fair to them. If it was our guys.

You're a real pos if you think they deserved it. Dudes were just trying to win and play ball. They got bent over.

uklogo_zpshfwcnugt.jpg

Nah, they just tried saving face. NCAA has clearly found the allegations are true, and UL is trying to get out in front of it. They are crazy though if they think this will entertain the NCAA. If it is true recruits on that championship team were there for the poon, banner down, scholarship loss, and maybe death penalty. UL is just doing some Robert Shapiro image control at this point.

Saint Pitino and his Cards lead by example that is a given. Sex, for the players is a great builder of basketball programs. They just need a smarter pimp, front man and madam in their organization. I fully expect them to announce those changes during their sword swallowing announcement.

Did they just fall on the sword?

Nope, not really - they just positioned themselves to soften the NCAA blow that's coming. It's what most guilty-ass bastard programs do when the shadow of the NCAA hammer hovers over them. Think of UL as a car wreck. Think of this self-imposed ban as the airbag that inflates between initial impact (whore-gate) and bodily impact (NCAA Hammer).

They are hoping the airbag prevents their death.

Nah, they just tried saving face. NCAA has clearly found the allegations are true, and UL is trying to get out in front of it. They are crazy though if they think this will entertain the NCAA. If it is true recruits on that championship team were there for the poon, banner down, scholarship loss, and maybe death penalty. UL is just doing some Robert Shapiro image control at this point.

It will. Learn NCAA.

I'dsay they do the usual and take away some scholarships, call it a day. All the whole they get the sickening media treatment - "oh bravo NCAA, UL for doing the right thing!!! Kudos!!! Stand up gentlemen!!!".

- of course none of that changes the reality, and what they have done is awful, but reality doesn't matter in the NCAA/media world. It will amount to not much.

We have seen this how many times? Some people are stillwaiting for the NCAA to punish UNC for crying out loud...they punished football, iirc. Remember, that was strictly a football ordeal.

We have a literal criminal running for president of the United States...not that that's here nor there...I just like to compare the incompetent/criminal NCAA to our incompetent/criminal government because they are so similar and predictable when it comes to anything that might make them look bad.

Anything the NCAA can do to make the college model look like it still works, they will do it. Period. Whole shit is corrupt. Those in charge of it are not going to make themselves look bad.

It will. Learn NCAA.

I'dsay they do the usual and take away some scholarships, call it a day. All the whole they get the sickening media treatment - "oh bravo NCAA, UL for doing the right thing!!! Kudos!!! Stand up gentlemen!!!".

- of course none of that changes the reality, and what they have done is awful, but reality doesn't matter in the NCAA/media world. It will amount to not much.

We have seen this how many times? Some people are stillwaiting for the NCAA to punish UNC for crying out loud...they punished football, iirc. Remember, that was strictly a football ordeal.

We have a literal criminal running for president of the United States...not that that's here nor there...I just like to compare the incompetent/criminal NCAA to our incompetent/criminal government because they are so similar and predictable when it comes to anything that might make them look bad.

Anything the NCAA can do to make the college model look like it still works, they will do it. Period. Whole shit is corrupt. Those in charge of it are not going to make themselves look bad.
I thought at some point the NCAA said that UNC was an academic problem, and that they do not concern themselves with academic problems. Hence no peep from the NCAA on UNC.

UL is just a side show.

He is hanging in there. Big cast on his leg. 2 more weeks with it on. Then brace. Surgery is still a possibility, but its a wait and see. He broke his growth plate.:cry:

Been having panic attacks since it happened.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. If there is a silver lining for the little man I guess it could be that it didn't happen in the summer. Hopefully he will be healed up by then and get to run around this summer.

Never had a panic attack. So i can't help you there. Seems like there was an entire thread on the Paddock on the subject at one time though. Good luck with overcoming that.

I'm meh on the uniform situation. Doesn't really matter to me. I think a little change every now and again is a good thing. Especially in today's world. Kids dig that stuff. Just don't ever…and i mean never ever…go back to the denim unis.[sick]

The logo is a completely different topic. Not sure I agree with effing with the logo. In the grand scheme of things the new logo probably looks cooler and more appealing to the younger generation. But your logo is your brand. And when you are the best program in the country…you don't eff with your brand. Or maybe you do. WTH do i know?

I'm meh on the uniform situation. Doesn't really matter to me. I think a little change every now and again is a good thing. Especially in today's world. Kids dig that stuff. Just don't ever…and i mean never ever…go back to the denim unis.[sick]

The logo is a completely different topic. Not sure I agree with effing with the logo. In the grand scheme of things the new logo probably looks cooler and more appealing to the younger generation. But your logo is your brand. And when you are the best program in the country…you don't eff with your brand. Or maybe you do. WTH do i know?
I had a Ron Mercer jersey that year from right before they switched to the denim uniforms. The non denim variation from that year were some sharp uniforms.
178343114-ron-mercer-33-forward-for-the-university-of-gettyimages.jpg

Nothing wrong with that uniform at all. However, I remember being pissed as hell as a kid when those jerseys came out. I had just bought the one I had like a week or two before they came out, and was on my head for one of the denim jerseys. Looking back, I think they were one of the worst uniforms they ever wore. Oh well, maybe I can get one at the Applebee's parking lot on the cheap.

Side note, my grade school basketball team wore the same shoes as UK that year. Those things were awesome. Was like running on air. Only downside, my feet would sweat like a mf'er in them. Every pair of Converse I ever owned did that.

-Spent last two days in Charleston, SC. Miss that place. Good trip overall and first time away from wife/baby which was simulteanously [banana] and :(. Developed a new business relationship, had some great food, visited some old haunts, met up with some old friends. Place has a siren song for me for sure. Pretty positive we'll end up back there full-time sooner rather than later.

-Whores.

-Takeout from Gonza (Mexican joint) tonight. Chile relleno it is.

-Hookers.

-Wilmington tomorrow. First time for a "long" trip in the car with the kid. ~2 hours so not bad.

-Prostitutes.

-Over.

Last edited:
-Spent last two days in Charleston, SC. Miss that place. Good trip overall and first time away from wife/baby which was simulteanously [banana] and :(. Developed a new business relationship, had some great food, visited some old haunts, met up with some old friends. Place has a siren song for me for sure. Pretty positive we'll end up back there full-time sooner rather than later.

-Whores.

-Takeout from Gonza (Mexican joint) tonight. Chile relleno it is.

-Hookers.

-Wilmington tomorrow. First time for a "long" trip in the car with the kid. ~2 hours so not bad.

-Prostitutes.

-Over.

This post rocks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT