ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Evening Leaguers. Hope everyone is well.

Took myself a paid day off today to rest up, and to get some things done. Of course my phone rang 25 times from various underlings who just couldn't make a decision without my input. Thinking of making today a work from home day and saving that PTO.

Got the oil changed in my car, then took it for a badly needed washing.

Just got in a while ago with my kid from his basketball practice. Dude is DEADLY from anywhere on the court, but at 11 he still has a ways to go with coordination, lol. He can hit from a college 3 point line # 35-40% of the time, no shit. Now if he could just do jumping jacks without looking like a flailing octopus, but I digress.

Hope they're still calling for 50's and 60's on Sunday, as we plan on going fishing.

Evening Leaguers. Hope everyone is well.

Took myself a paid day off today to rest up, and to get some things done. Of course my phone rang 25 times from various underlings who just couldn't make a decision without my input. Thinking of making today a work from home day and saving that PTO.

Got the oil changed in my car, then took it for a badly needed washing.

Just got in a while ago with my kid from his basketball practice. Dude is DEADLY from anywhere on the court, but at 11 he still has a ways to go with coordination, lol. He can hit from a college 3 point line # 35-40% of the time, no shit. Now if he could just do jumping jacks without looking like a flailing octopus, but I digress.

Hope they're still calling for 50's and 60's on Sunday, as we plan on going fishing.
Be patient. He's only 11.

I'm afraid to commit to my excitement with the team from the last few games. Allen Fieldhouse is a tough place to play. The win at Arkansas does give me some hope , we historically play poorly there and showed out, but pitiful showings at Auburn and Pauley Pavilion give me reservation.

I have a feeling the boys will answer the bell though win or lose. My gut tells me Murray will shine, he seems like a "bright lights" guy to me, and Tyler will do Tyler things. We really need Poythress to be a 12/10 player tomorrow.

It will be tough and Kansas has played in plenty of big boy basketball environments too, and I think safe money is in a loss. Should be entertaining.

I'm afraid to commit to my excitement with the team from the last few games. Allen Fieldhouse is a tough place to play. The win at Arkansas does give me some hope , we historically play poorly there and showed out, but pitiful showings at Auburn and Pauley Pavilion give me reservation.

I have a feeling the boys will answer the bell though win or lose. My gut tells me Murray will shine, he seems like a "bright lights" guy to me, and Tyler will do Tyler things. We really need Poythress to be a 12/10 player tomorrow.

It will be tough and Kansas has played in plenty of big boy basketball environments too, and I think safe money is in a loss. Should be entertaining.
Agreed. I won't be happy with a loss, (who is?), but if we give them a hellava game it will at least salve the hurt a bit and serve notice UK is for real, IMO.

Agreed. I won't be happy with a loss, (who is?), but if we give them a hellava game it will at least salve the hurt a bit and serve notice UK is for real, IMO.
Don't get me wrong, I won't be happy with a loss haha!

I just think it's unfair to this group to expect a win in that environment against a top notch opponent when we are still evolving and solidifying our identity.

We have a real good chance of winning because I think we have superior talent and a much better back court, but I could see us getting down big early and not having quite enough shovels to dig our way out too.

We need Lee to alter shots, rebound at a high rate per minute and bring energy. He and Poythress are key in big games I think.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I won't be happy with a loss haha!

I just think it's unfair to this group to expect a win in that environment against a top notch opponent when we are still evolving and solidifying our identity.

We have a real good chance of winning because I think we have superior talent and a much better back court, but I could see us getting down big early and not having quite enough shovels to dig out way out too.

We need Lee to alter shots, rebound at a high rate per minute and bring energy. He and Poythress are key in big games I think.
Personally speaking, I hope we at least keep it close.

(Still smarting from that 2006 loss at Allen Fieldhouse when we got blown out. I watched that game while in Iraq)

No good food = a late night food run. Long Johns for me and White Castle for daughter. Was good. Ran over a raccoon. Thought about eating that F'er too.

UK will more than likely lose tomorrow for one reason only, at The Phog. As long as we just don't get shellacked I think we will be fine going forward. I really like our chances this post season. There just aren't but one or two teams that are consistently better than us night in and night out. Gonna be a wild march madness.

Low 60s tomorrow means working outside some.

Bad storms potentially on the horizon for Tuesday.

D rocking today.

I remember that probation period so well. The NCAA thought they would kill our program. We weren't allowed on TV and none of us still ever missed a game. We were glued to the radio and listened to Caywood call it like he had for so many years, it was nostalgic and great. The games remained sold out and there was almost more of a premium for tickets because it was your live outlet to see the game. It was a unique time and we fell in love with that 14-14 group and Pitino's swag and confidence.

Truly the best, and worst, of times. They can't kill our program...we care way to much to allow it to die.

No good food = a late night food run. Long Johns for me and White Castle for daughter. Was good. Ran over a raccoon. Thought about eating that F'er too.

UK will more than likely lose tomorrow for one reason only, at The Phog. As long as we just don't get shellacked I think we will be fine going forward. I really like our chances this post season. There just aren't but one or two teams that are consistently better than us night in and night out. Gonna be a wild march madness.

Low 60s tomorrow means working outside some.

Bad storms potentially on the horizon for Tuesday.

D rocking today.
Jerry, I'm slated to mow grass again tomorrow and hit up a brewery shortly before the big game. Gotta love Texas.

I remember that probation period so well. The NCAA thought they would kill our program. We weren't allowed on TV and none of us still ever missed a game. We were glued to the radio and listened to Caywood call it like he had for so many years, it was nostalgic and great. The games remained sold out and there was almost more of a premium for tickets because it was your live outlet to see the game. It was unique time m and we fell in love with that 14-14 group and Pitino's swag and confidence.

Truly the best, and worst, of times. They can't kill our program...we care way to much to allow it to die.
That was a huge in-between period in my life. I see folks on Rafters dog Coach Pitino with disgust. He brought us back to respectability back then. I watched that game in which we beat the Jayhawks shortly before deploying way back when.

That was a huge in-between period in my life. I see folks on Rafters dog Coach Pitino with disgust. He brought us back to respectability back then. I watched that game in which we beat the Jayhawks shortly before deploying way back when.

I agree with your take and will add my feelings about it. At that moment in time our program needed Coach Pitino and he needed us. A 14-14 team turned out to be a perfect storm and the rebuilding was jump started. Not sure how much sense that makes but I've had a few, so it is what it is.

I agree with your take and will add my feelings about it. At that moment in time our program needed Coach Pitino and he needed us. A 14-14 team turned out to be a perfect storm and the rebuilding was jump started. Not sure how much sense that makes but I've had a few, so it is what it is.
You are exactly right. The "funky coach pitino" was the right man for the right time. I lived back then in Middlesboro, but hung out often in the Lex area for classes. My gosh, he was bigger than life after Sutton. Those days were golden. I will always fondly remember that era.

bvr7.jpg

You guys fly high on this thing. I checked in and read a lot of this thread........120 pgs ago! And that was maybe last week.

Screw this weather. The wife and youngest are prone to allergies and sinuses and it just crushes them.....up/down/up/down......

3rd boy on the way is awesome and scary however that works.

Oldest had his bday party last night at skyzone, a trampoline heaven. At 36, with a bone spur in my heel I got out there upon the request of the bday boy. HaHaHa, joke was on me! Trampolines are a young mans game, but dodgeball was my way of getting even.

UK goes down tonight, most likely putting up a good fight but falling apart to a late rally by the Jayhawks. Only thing that is important in this one for me moving forward is Willis. Does he show up in the spotlight. We need that and him to continue improving and getting comfortable.

Once we begin losing I fully expect Murray to go stupid and negatively impact everyone else, but I need to see Willis bring it regardless.

Kyboy and welder, good stuff both of you posted last night. Hope y'all post more often. Hard to call this game. Certainly a win would be huge. I'll be on the edge of my seat, irrational as ever. Hope everyone occupies their day until game time. I've got a couple of church league game at 1 and 3.

Welder, I have a 11 yr old too. Pretty good baller. He plays at 3 today. He is constantly dribbling the ball in the basement. It has helped him with his confidence with the ball in his hands. He's big for his age. Fun to watch him play. My 9 yr old daughter plays at 1. She has a between the legs dribble that's good for her age too. My boys have made her rough. She's a terror on defense.

Hey to all my friends and others as well. FCC.

-- morning good gentlemen of the D league, and Don

-- weed smoke this am. Micky mouse clubhouse with the daughter. It's amazing how into a tv show a 19 month old can be. I could probably smack her across the face right now and she wouldn't bat an eye

-- in case yal didn't know. Cats by 11

Down in west Palm beach this weekend. Bout to fire up a dogleg in a few

-- morning good gentlemen of the D league, and Don

-- weed smoke this am. Micky mouse clubhouse with the daughter. It's amazing how into a tv show a 19 month old can be. I could probably smack her across the face right now and she wouldn't bat an eye

-- in case yal didn't know. Cats by 11
You should check out baby can read series. Both my kids go bananas for it. Helps their vocabulary too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT