ADVERTISEMENT

Cow has brainwashed the UK fanbase into settling for low standards

Complaining literally does not one thing to help our team and it doesn’t make you a better fan. It doesn’t make you look better or smarter.
Fair weather fans have overtaken our fanbase and it’s nauseating.

Makes me feel better to know that most are trolls on this board, though.
complaining isnt meant to help the team, it's vent to vent frustrations with the team. Unfortunately theres been alot to complain about for the last few years including this one.
Some complaints are warranted and some are not, but to act like no one should complain because it doesnt help the team is pretty goofy imho.

A fanbase remaining silent does nothing to help a team either and personally I'm glad people have someplace to clear the air, wether it be right or wrong

complaining isnt meant to help the team, it's vent to vent frustrations with the team. Unfortunately theres been alot to complain about for the last few years including this one.
Some complaints are warranted and some are not, but to act like no one should complain because it doesnt help the team is pretty goofy imho.

A fanbase remaining silent does nothing to help a team either and personally I'm glad people have someplace to clear the air, wether it be right or wrong
Fair weather fans who come to a message board and post with other fans. Win or lose. This guy seems intelligent.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
Explain ... because you can't have 6 NBA prospects and a Hall of Fame coach, as a 3 seed, and lose to either a 14, 6/11, and consider that acceptable after the downward spiral this program has been on when this was "the year" after landing the #1 class full of alleged studs, including 3 top 10 recruits paired with Reeves et al.

Yeah, tell me how "out of touch" I am ...
Valuable points but it's out of us fans hands. We do our part, support the team, buy tickets, team gear, travel anywhere to watch. It's time for Cal to earn his check.

The part I have a problem with is being banned simply because certain mods doesn’t like an opinion. No rules broke, just differing opinions.

Another part I have a problem with is being called names and being disrespected when you don’t go along with the hate cult.

Opinions are good and all until the ones that still support our team are being silenced.

with the bar so low how come Cal and his dream Wagner class couldn’t better than a 3?
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any UK 1 or 2 seeds from the past that this team could beat with the exception of the Oscar team.
I'm glad we got a 3.
This team has to shoot their way to victory .
So to answer your question, we're not good enough to be higher because the game is played both ways.
Warts and all, they are still hands down the best freshmen class in the nation.

Reactions: catzcan
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any UK 1 or 2 seeds from the past that this team could beat with the exception of the Oscar team.
I'm glad we got a 3.
So to answer your question, we're not good enough to be higher because the game is played both ways.
Too bad they don’t give out trophies for recruiting classes.

Too bad they don’t give out trophies for recruiting classes.
Why would you put down the freshman?
AB, and Justin have played below expectations but Rob and Reed have exceeded expectations.
DJ has been solid.
All in all a great class.
Would still be #1 if ranked post season.

If my dissatisfaction with the mediocrity of the past seven years makes me a fair weather fan in someone’s eyes then i don’t care. coach has been given way too much time to raise uk basketball back to an elite level, but instead keeps setting new milestones of losing.
If uk does win it all (anything can happen) then i still want to see a new coach nex year.. he’s been here too long and has shown me that winning games for uk is not his main objective, even though his job description calls for it.

**my opinion is based entirely on his job performance. .

Last edited:
I'm glad we got a 3.
I don’t want the best freshmen class in the nation, I want the best team in the nation,

Complaining literally does not one thing to help our team and it doesn’t make you a better fan. It doesn’t make you look better or smarter.
Fair weather fans have overtaken our fanbase and it’s nauseating.

Makes me feel better to know that most are trolls on this board, though.
I am no troll. I have been an ardent UK fan and financial contributor for my entire life . Bowman fellow. I love UK. I have had it with this coach using UK as a farm club for the NBA not only in this year but consistently throughout his time with us ,
I care about UK and don’t give a damn about his NBA favorites or what the promised them to come . NIT STARTING TWO LOTTERY PICKS IS THR ALL TIME DUMBEST GHING ANY COACH HAS EVER DONE .
Starting down eight points down in most games is just plain stupid.

I am no troll. I have been an ardent UK fan and financial contributor for my entire life . Bowman fellow. I love UK. I have had it with this coach using UK as a farm club for the NBA not only in this year but consistently throughout his time with us ,
I care about UK and don’t give a damn about his NBA favorites or what the promised them to come . NIT STARTING TWO LOTTERY PICKS IS THR ALL TIME DUMBEST GHING ANY COACH HAS EVER DONE .
Starting down eight points down in most games is just plain stupid.

You might be surprised to know that I don’t like everything Cal does and if the university decided to go with a new coach, I’d be fine with it. I’d still support UK and the new coach just the same.

Cal deserves a lot of criticism at times but most of the hate isn’t warranted or needed. What’s needed is support from fans because that’s literally what we do. Not tuck tail and run, spew hate and insults, and the unwarranted negativity.

Leave that kind of stuff to Louisville fans

My expectations never change: To be in contention for a national championship most years.

I don’t expect to win the title or go the the Final Four every season because the math isn’t there and those fans just set themselves up for disappointment year after year. UK has won 8 championships and has been to 17 Final Fours in 121 years of basketball. It’s more of a rare occurrence than an annual occurrence.

Yeah, I want to win the title, but I will take an Elite 8 this year over the results of the last 3.75 seasons.

UK basketball may be "entertainment" for you Calopologists, for some of us it's much more than that. Back in the day, it was a way of life... So please don't tell me that the real championship are the friends we made along the way, just because your boy CCC ain't getting it done anymore (for years now).
It’s no secret I’m a big UK Football guy, but I got to the point where no amount of bellyaching or wishing they would win was going to make my life better or worse. It is afterall entertainment. My dollars I spent on it didn’t make a bit of difference how the rest of my life went. Before I demand any excellence in my team, I should demand it from myself first.

No one “deserves” a winning team. It either wins or it doesn’t.

I just finished reading an article in the Courier Journal where Coach Cal said if someone questions how th team plays, says they need to win this or that they are not fans. He claims it put added pressure on the players.
First, if he truly feels this way, then is he fully preparing these kids for the NBA? The pros are a business and they demand/expect a performance to match the contract they have with that team. And the fans that pay the big $$$ for tickets to those games feels they have a say as well.

Then last week UK comes out with this new NIL thing asking fans to donate money. Is it me or have we lost something here in when a person gives money to an organization, charity, etc, they expect to see their money used properly or at least in a way they align themselves with?

It's not OK to lose; never. Losing should hurt and be the fuel to drive you to do better.
Kids getting paid to play sports in school is going to the death of sports as we have come to know and understand it.
NIL has made college sports a business and in doing so comes expectations and accountability.
You can't have it both ways; getting paid and not having to produce.

Holy cow, OP has some serious, serious issues. We haven't even played a game yet, haven't lost (yet), and just got a surprise 3-seed. But damn if you'd not know it from this wacked-ass thread.

And before you hop on your dead horse with me, I'm ready to see Cal go as well, but like The Answer, I'm here to support the team and am excited to see what we can do this year...that I'm not in here joining you in your miserable pre-game rage about Calipari and speculating how we're about to blow it again (it's likely, but no one knows this for certain), doesn't make me a "fan boy", doesn't mean I've "settled", and doesn't mean I'm not as good as a fan as the rage-a-holics on Rupp Rafters. If we get to the E8 and lose in a great E8 game against Houston, a lot will go into how I feel - it won't be "settling" or "lowered expectations", it'll be how did we perform to get to that point, did we compete against the #1 seed Houston, did we do everything we could to win that game and just came up short, and a host of other things. But those things haven't happened yet, so I'm not going to spend the next few days getting myself worked up and into a foaming mouth, rabid frenzy.

If we lose this weekend or in the S16, and it's because of Cow's stupid lineup garbage, then you'll see me in here with all of you frothing at the mouth. Until then, I'm going in positive and hopeful.

Reactions: TexKat and catzcan
Explain ... because you can't have 6 NBA prospects and a Hall of Fame coach, as a 3 seed, and lose to either a 14, 6/11, and consider that acceptable after the downward spiral this program has been on when this was "the year" after landing the #1 class full of alleged studs, including 3 top 10 recruits paired with Reeves et al.

Yeah, tell me how "out of touch" I am ...
Well, I can help with your "tell me how out of touch I am" request....

We haven't played the games yet. None of what you are saying above has even happened (yet). So technically you're out of touch, man, because you're already upset about something that hasn't happened.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
It’s no secret I’m a big UK Football guy, but I got to the point where no amount of bellyaching or wishing they would win was going to make my life better or worse. It is afterall entertainment. My dollars I spent on it didn’t make a bit of difference how the rest of my life went. Before I demand any excellence in my team, I should demand it from myself first.

No one “deserves” a winning team. It either wins or it doesn’t.
How can you not shift your paradigms as a fan when it's obvious there's been a shift among the players?

Well, this thread isn't complaining about the team or the coach. It was literally drawn up to jab at fans that somehow still support Calipari and are apparently recalibrated to accepting S16 or E8 as "successful". And every response from the OP is full of name calling and continued jabbing, thereby proving that the thread was in fact nothing more than bait to create a rage-filled argument (hint: mad fans on a message board isn't going to drive Calipari away...remember, he's a narcissist egomaniac that always thinks he's right, per 2/3 of our fanbase).

Games haven't even been played. We just got a surprise 3 seed. Even if this thread topic was complaining about the team's performance, it'd be obviously premature because WE HAVEN'T PLAYED YET.

This is nothing more than a rage rant against fans that aren't as rabidly-frothed up about Calipari as whoever this CROCAT is. I'll never understand why each side of the fan base gets so worked up about the other "side". Being pissed at Calipari for his shat performance and laziness is one thing, but turning it onto other fans is just bizarre.

Reactions: TexKat and catzcan
How can you not shift your paradigms as a fan when it's obvious there's been a shift among the players?
I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean if the players stop caring , we should ? I’m not sure that’s the case. I’m sure Reed cannot stand losing for instance.

Reactions: KFuqua
Yesterday I saw respected members of this board (whom I consider to be intelligent people) claiming that losing to Houston in E8 would be considered a "successful season" for UK?!

Since when do UK fans hang Elite Eight banners? We ran Tubby off for losing 10 games a year, now that's fine with us? Hell, I remember when that clown Tom Crean made Sweet 16 rings for his Indiana team, we all thought that was hilarious, now we are ready to let Cow's sh*t slide if he limps into the second weekend?

Not a single #1 seed or Final Four for 9 years straight and we set Elite Eight as our goal?

Sorry, but are you kidding me?

As far as I'm concerned, Cow has got to win the whole damn thing and redeem himself for the pathetic coaching performance in the 2010 and 2015 tourneys (when he had superteams at his disposal) or he can hit the bricks ASAP.

We were promised the Gold Standard, so why do we settle for mediocrity?
Is there an article that confirms this?

E8 historically is the barometer for a successful season or not. (Although it usually comes w an SEC reg season or tournament championship)

We’ve been to 17 final 4s in our history of out of 83 NCAA tournaments that’s about 20%. We’ve had more than 17 good seasons. Been to 38 E8s (45% of time). Sure an E8 is bitter sweet bc you’re so close to a banner but the reality is, based on the greatest program in college basketballs historical data, an E8 is performing above the programs Average finish and puts you in the upside of the bell curve for a “good season mildly disappointed we couldn’t do more”. Final 4 and titles and “great seasons”

Now with what Cal has done the last 5 years setting bad record after bad record….and with this roster…this should be a F4 or championship game team that sets you up to have a historical E8 average when you have lesser teams that get beat in the S16 in bad years. Ppl should be upset if THIS team falls short of a F4 but the E8 is bare minimum with the draw bc Houston should be the first underdog game. I don’t buy Marquette.

I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean if the players stop caring , we should ? I’m not sure that’s the case. I’m sure Reed cannot stand losing for instance.
They care but it's a different player culture now with OAD and NIL.
You really felt for some players when they played their last game because they weren't leaving town with a boatload of NIL money and off to greener pastures in the NBA.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
They care but it's a different player culture now with OAD and NIL.
You really felt for some players when they played their last game because they weren't leaving town with a boatload of NIL money and off to greener pastures in the NBA.
It sucks for sure. It’s happening everywhere. I opposed NIL because I knew that (even with good intentions), it was a genie that would be too big to fit back into the bottle. I don’t understand why anyone couldn’t see that coming.

I think of great players like Jack Givens. He would have played for lunch money.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm one of the unique ones where the performance isn't the determining factor. I want him gone because our program isn't his top priority. That won't change if his players somehow gift him a championship.

He's been lowering the standards for years. He's the only person I know that is mediocre at doing their job and still makes 9 million a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff2Reed and blubo
UK basketball may be "entertainment" for you Calopologists, for some of us it's much more than that. Back in the day, it was a way of life... So please don't tell me that the real championship are the friends we made along the way, just because your boy CCC ain't getting it done anymore (for years now).
It is the laziest of lazy to just label posters Calapologists or Cal-lovers when they don't immediately criticize Cal for something. Goodness, try to find a reasonable line of thought to follow up reading someone else's post.

• Haha
Some I think really need a dose of reality.

The Yankees have 27 World Series titles. They have gone 15 years without one now.

No one stays on top forever. No one.

College basketball is changing. This isn't the 70s anymore.
I'll get attacked for saying it, heaven forbid, but we have 8 titles in the history of this program. We've got posters on here acting like these things are won every other year. Rupp is the only UK coach with multiple titles.

Rupp coached for Kentucky for 40 years and he had 6 Final 4s. SIX.

Joe B Hall went to 3 Final 4s in 13 seasons as the UK head coach. He also failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament 3 times as well. He had 4 seasons with double-digit losses. In 13 seasons, Coach Hall only won 1 single SEC Tournament championship.

Pitino was successful and widely beloved by the fanbase. 3 Final 4s in the 6 seasons they were eligible for the postseason. But also upset in the round of 32 as a 2-seed, a team that was 27-7 on the season. Twice as a 1-seed they failed to make the Final 4.

I don't give a rat's ass about Cal's future. If he's the best guy for the job, so be it. If there's a better fit and a way to afford the insane buy-out, so be it. But we've got posters on here who idolize every previous coach and will rip to shreds WHOEVER the current coach is. Revisionist history is alive and well on Rafters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT