ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland Ford...

We was hurt most the season. I thought he had a wrist issue? Might be wrong

I thought he played the last few games of the year. He didn't heal enough in almost 4 months to even participate? Not even noncontact drills or conditioning? That seems strange. If it's a wrist, you can't put a big cast and tape on it to give him some reps? If it's a knee or ankle or back or several other things, I understand. But a wrist? I've seen plenty of players play with a broken wrist all wrapped up. Surely, it's not 'just' a wrist.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I thought he played the last few games of the year. He didn't heal enough in almost 4 months to even participate? Not even noncontact drills or conditioning? That seems strange. If it's a wrist, you can't put a big cast and tape on it to give him some reps? If it's a knee or ankle or back or several other things, I understand. But a wrist? I've seen plenty of players play with a broken wrist all wrapped up. Surely, it's not 'just' a wrist.
Don't see this as a big deal. Teams are traditionally overcautious with guys rehabbing/recovering from injuries during Spring. Stoops mentioned elsewhere "several" are being held out or restricted. Doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't play if it were the season. Not a biggie, matter of fact could open the door for others.

Tackle depth is once against a major looming issue

Marques Cox and Mincey are shoe starting

Unproven Malachi Wood and disappointing Ford who is hurt a lot…man we’ve got to be healthy at this spot or it could kill the season

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Wouldn't be surprised to see Wood make some noise.
I know he needed to gain some good weight and put in some hard work before he would be ready, but I’m really looking for him to be a good SEC player. He has a great attitude and has some leadership qualities I think, also seems really intelligent to me. I think he really loves Kentucky Football and hope he gets some good run this season. Love having fresh players in there if there’s not a big drop of course.

I know none, but it usually doesn’t take much for a player to miss Spring.

Watching 2023 replays, Courtland is an impressive physical presence, when healthy..

Hope he heals up fully!!
Stoops probably doesn’t want to chance any set backs for him in spring. Let him get fully healed by fall.

Reactions: The-Hack
Heard recently that last season he graded out better at tackle than he did at guard, so don't be surprised if he gets some run there this Spring.

Seems like tough/hard nosed kid who really wants to improve and work hard. He may be one of those to benefit the most from EW’s style of coaching.

Unless I'm mistaken, in his post-practice interview a couple of days ago, I think I heard Coach Wolf specifically discuss Ray playing OT.

Here's the sound clip
Coach Wolf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT