ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search

I agree with you..I mean NC hired Davis and Duke hire Scheyer both young and both we thought would fall off of the map and they didn’t. Both of them are alum at their respected schools. They have both done decent since being in charge and both didn’t even have the little experience that Pope would bring to the table. He knows what the fans would want at UK!!!
UNC and duke both executed strategic successions. That's not what we have going on.

Being said by Trilly he has heard Nate Oats will not be involved. Said Mark Pope and Travis Ford are candidates.

If Mitch hires Mark Pope or Travis Ford, can we all agree to start a riot? I’ll never watch a Kentucky game again.
troll gonna troll

Reactions: flacat22
Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Being said by Trilly he has heard Nate Oats will not be involved. Said Mark Pope and Travis Ford are candidates.

If Mitch hires Mark Pope or Travis Ford, can we all agree to start a riot? I’ll never watch a Kentucky game again.
They would be better than Cal was last 4 yrs

Yeah and if he doesn’t go after Nate Oats he should be fired. If Travis Ford is considered then I hope we run Mitch out of town. We better throw such a stink that it gets vetoed like Stoops deal did when he wanted to leave for TA&M.

UNC and duke both executed strategic successions. That's not what we have going on.
I understand that but Davis had no head coaching experience and neither did Scheyer when they both took over 2 blue blood programs. I understand they both were assistant coaches under Williams and Rat Face but they still weren’t head coaches anywhere. Mark Pope has at least been a head coach 2015-2019 Utah Valley and BYU 2019-2024. So Pope would at least bring 9 years of head coaching experience to UK. That’s at least better than what NC and Duke both got combined.

This is what I'm taking away from the comments: some of you people are already getting your new howls of complaint out and polished. You have become addicted to complaining.

That doesn't go un-noticed.

Look at who the most consistent and competitive coach has been the last few years. Hurley does not have the ups and downs of a lot of the guys being mentioned. Best coach in college basketball right now. Can recruit and coach. I know it is hard because of personality and name, but if you want the best overall coach better get Hurley. All about winning for us, right? After that, for me, Pitino and Donovan would be two that would give us solid coaching day in and day out. Don't think Stevens would be interested.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I understand that but Davis had no head coaching experience and neither did Scheyer when they both took over 2 blue blood programs. I understand they both were assistant coaches under Williams and Rat Face but they still weren’t head coaches anywhere. Mark Pope has at least been a head coach 2015-2019 Utah Valley and BYU 2019-2024. So Pope would at least bring 9 years of head coaching experience to UK. That’s at least better than what NC and Duke both got combined.
Lots of bad coaches have been coaching for 9 years. Have you taken a peek at his tournament resume? You don't run a HOF coach out of town to go get mark freakin pope. I'd beg cal back before hiring pope. UNC and duke also did nto have to start over. they rolled their rosters over and retained all their recruits when they made the switch. it was a smooth succession.

As much as I dislike Mitch, he has been aggressive with the sports programs. Hated the “lifetime” contract but at the time Cal was on top of his game and there were no indications he would live fat and happy with no respect for the program and administration. The Stoops hire and subsequent pay increases have been great of UK football and he just went all in on the women’s basketball program with a splash hire. Our boosters will make sure there is enough money and resources to bring in the right person IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT