ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search

Being said by Trilly he has heard Nate Oats will not be involved. Said Mark Pope and Travis Ford are candidates.

If Mitch hires Mark Pope or Travis Ford, can we all agree to start a riot? I’ll never watch a Kentucky game again.
I wonder if that means Oats has already said he's not interested, or if it means UK is not interested?

Also, you don't get fired at SLU and then get considered for the UK job. I don't believe Ford for a second
Pope I can believe since he's had success, but I still don't think he's a serious contender. But this could help him land a lucrative extension there at BYU

Hurley or Oats would both be HOME RUN hires.

Drew would be a 1B hire. Also Jay Wright because he doesn't have the most tread left on the tires (but as a coach there is none better).

Reactions: Fox2monk
SCRATCH JAY WRIGHT, AND DONAVON OFF THE LIST PERIOD. both have been out of the college game too long now. no connections with recruiting and the nil. Now realistic names are in no order DAN HURLEY, TOMMY LLOYD, NATE OATS, CHRIS BEARD, BRUCE PEARL SCOTT DREW. HATE ANY OR ALL, BUT THOSE WILL BE THE REAL PLAYERS IN THIS SEARCH. PS DONT COUNT OUT RICK PITINO

Per Pilgrim

Will Wade is interested in the job. How would you feel about him?
We could do a lot worse for an on-court coach. The baggage from LSU is obviously the issue with him. What he got caught doing there is basically legal now, so your mileage may vary how big of a deal you think it is. Personally, I’d feel a little bit icky about it because of the attitude he had during that whole saga. Someone who cheats with that much bravado would likely do it again even if the specifics would be different this time.

Reactions: dl51344
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT