ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Being said by Trilly he has heard Nate Oats will not be involved. Said Mark Pope and Travis Ford are candidates.

If Mitch hires Mark Pope or Travis Ford, can we all agree to start a riot? I’ll never watch a Kentucky game again.

lol. I don't have faith in Pope, but I'd still watch and cheer. Ford though, that's unforgiveable.
Mark Pope would not do good here, if that’s the case then hire Scott Drew who has won a national championship. Don’t settle on someone just because they have history here. I pray to God Mitch does screw this up.

Mark Pope would not do good here, if that’s the case then hire Scott Drew who has won a national championship. Don’t settle on someone just because they have history here. I pray to God Mitch does screw this up.
Don't confuse my statement. I do not want Pope, but the hire wouldn't cause me to not watch.

Being said by Trilly he has heard Nate Oats will not be involved. Said Mark Pope and Travis Ford are candidates.

If Mitch hires Mark Pope or Travis Ford, can we all agree to start a riot? I’ll never watch a Kentucky game again.
Stop posting. I don’t believe Trilly said this

Literally nobody said Pope and Ford are candidates. You really need take a break from posting.

They better be assistant candidates for Pitino or else this fan base will riot at the athletic office.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I actually don't think Pope would be that terrible. Sure, he isn't the best or most accomplished on the list, but I think he is still learning and isn't terrible now. I think a Pope HC will get exactly the type of players BBN screams that they want. Multi-year guys and build a ...wait for it... TEAM. Also, I think the name on the front of the jersey will give him a boost he needs in recruiting and portal.

I'm gonna be in the minority, but I think I'd rather gamble on Pope than Drew. I think Pope would be an interesting hire. My guess is the boosters will like it.

Pope isn’t ready.

Get a veteran coach for the next 10 years then hire Pope, if he pans out.

Stop posting. I don’t believe Trilly said this

Literally nobody said Pope and Ford are candidates. You really need take a break from posting.
lol he did say this but okay…… I’m not going to make something up like this. Obviously he can be wrong

Don't believe he said this If he did it's a joke. Nobody actually believes those guys are candidates. Trilly is too connected to say something that crazy.

Reactions: Fox2monk

This Trilly dude just throws everything at the wall and when one is right, he becomes some sort of insider.

I actually don't think Pope would be that terrible. Sure, he isn't the best or most accomplished on the list, but I think he is still learning and isn't terrible now. I think a Pope HC will get exactly the type of players BBN screams that they want. Multi-year guys and build a ...wait for it... TEAM. Also, I think the name on the front of the jersey will give him a boost he needs in recruiting and portal.

I'm gonna be in the minority, but I think I'd rather gamble on Pope than Drew. I think Pope would be an interesting hire. My guess is the boosters will like it.
If the choice is Drew or Pope, I agree with you, hire Pope. But I think we can and should do better than both.

I agree with you..I mean NC hired Davis and Duke hire Scheyer both young and both we thought would fall off of the map and they didn’t. Both of them are alum at their respected schools. They have both done decent since being in charge and both didn’t even have the little experience that Pope would bring to the table. He knows what the fans would want at UK!!!

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I could buy Oats not being involved. He wouldn’t be close to my first choice, but I could squint and see how we could do worse than Pope if none of the biggest names are biting. Ford is just crazy talk that shouldn’t even be on the table. There’s no way that part is true.

The Office No GIF

Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT