ADVERTISEMENT

A&M says it will go 8 figures for the right coach

Who is out there that can command that salary logically? The list is short. Super short

kirby - not happening
saban - not happening
meyer - hmmmm
dabo - probably nah but idk
dude from oregon - not 8 digits
dude from duke - not 8 digits
kiffin - not 8 digits
Harbaugh - not 8 digits
Day - not happening

If I'm them I'm offering 12m to urban and structuring his contract in a way that keeps him there for 5 years

Reactions: KYExtemper
Who is out there that can command that salary logically? The list is short. Super short

kirby - not happening
saban - not happening
meyer - hmmmm
kiffin - not 8 digits
Harbaugh - not 8 digits
Day - not happening

If I'm them I'm offering 12m to urban and structuring his contract in a way that keeps him there for 5 years
Stoops isn’t 9 either, yet here we are…

Said in another thread I think it has to be a high profile NFL guy.

Kirby and Saban might be the only two in college worth a blank check and each of their institutions would match or get close enough that neither would leave.

That leaves only NFL guys.

They called my agent just to snoop around. But, oooohh, my drive thru customers would have a cow

They called my agent just to snoop around. But, oooohh, my drive thru customers would have a cow
You just can’t replace a good drive-thru guy. Kudos to you my friend for doing the right thing and staying put.

Reactions: maroon79
They have to make a huge splash. With the Harbaugh craziness in MI and the Big 10, could they poach him? Would he be interested? NIL and TX recruiting is a big draw. I am sure Urban will get the courtesy call, but I am not sure he wants to lock horns with Kirby and Saban. I think he's not ready for the headache.

Dabo's time is up at Clemson, but he seems like he's waiting for Bama. Kiffin should be on the short list, but I am not sure if he's the splash they want. Those guys on the west coach - we see how that worked out at Auburn plus see the Kiffin comment.

One thing is for sure - Kirby is going to work in another raise out of this coaching search.

8 digits doesn't sound like all hat no cattle to me.

I heard Jeff Brohm is on their short list.

Brohm and Bobby P getting the old band back together again.

Going to need a good defensive coordinator who is not afraid to cheat.
Where is Cholly? Is he available??

I sense some magic in the air for A&M.
Jurich can head up NIL........

Dream team.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CatPhight and Ugoff
They have to make a huge splash. With the Harbaugh craziness in MI and the Big 10, could they poach him? Would he be interested? NIL and TX recruiting is a big draw. I am sure Urban will get the courtesy call, but I am not sure he wants to lock horns with Kirby and Saban. I think he's not ready for the headache.

Dabo's time is up at Clemson, but he seems like he's waiting for Bama. Kiffin should be on the short list, but I am not sure if he's the splash they want. Those guys on the west coach - we see how that worked out at Auburn plus see the Kiffin comment.

One thing is for sure - Kirby is going to work in another raise out of this coaching search.

The only way Dabo goes to Bama is getting on his soapbox and embracing NIL and the transfer portal. He won't take kids out of the portal and I don't know if anyone has gotten more starters from the portal than Bama.

If they hire Urban I hope the great people of College Station hide their kids and hide their wives.

It's one thing to pay a coach 9 after year 11, after raises and agent craft. But it's an entirely different thing to bring someone in at 9 or 10m.

Apples and oranges
It’s ridiculous all the way around for everybody but that’s the marketplace. But it was ridiculous to give stoops that last raise. And it was ridiculous at the time not just in retrospect.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I tend to agree it's gonna be someone from the NFL ranks. They're looking to make a big time hire with this one.

It’s ridiculous all the way around for everybody but that’s the marketplace. But it was ridiculous to give stoops that last raise. And it was ridiculous at the time not just in retrospect.
Just wait till you see what TAM does. They will cook the whole pay structure.

One thing‘s for sure. It will be the wrong hire. They’ll get the shiny new object that will tarnish when it gets there.

Wouldn’t that be just absolutely hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can you imagine the meltdown??!! The favorite son comes home to coach. Looking at a potential 10+ win season. And he bolts for College Station??!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
I actually wrote this as a joke, but since then I heard a TA&M sports writer say that Brohm was high on their list of candidates because they think they can hire him at a cheaper salary than Jimbo and still get a good up and coming coach.

I really think old Bobby P is somewhere in the background stirring the pot. Might give him a shot at coming back to Louisville or working with his protégé.

Get out the popcorn.

So, they still haven't learned anything, I'm sure there will be more coaches lining up to take their money. The wins are going to be harder to come by, and there will be more pressure than ever. Texas A&M is going to ignore the financial pain and forge ahead. This is going to get interesting.

Actually Kliff Kingsberry might me the Call?

Texas Tech, NFL, Bama but he did say that he would never coach college again and reaffirmed by saying he wouldn’t coach at all of that were his only option

That might make some good money there

Texas 8&4 is the most annoying program in the Country. They puff out their chest and act like they are some superpower in College Football. They never have been a power in their entire history and they certainly aren't now. They are simply a middling mediocre program. Yet, they think that throwing money away recklessly is the solution to everything. And every time the mediocrity just continues.

Reactions: Chuckinden
I would like to take this opportunity to announce I will be taking my talents to whatever town Texas A&M is located in to be the new head coach.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cathouse
Texas 8&4 is the most annoying program in the Country. They puff out their chest and act like they are some superpower in College Football. They never have been a power in their entire history and they certainly aren't now. They are simply a middling mediocre program. Yet, they think that throwing money away recklessly is the solution to everything. And every time the mediocrity just continues.
You must not know Darrell Royal if you think Texas has never been a power in football.

Actually Kliff Kingsberry might me the Call?

Texas Tech, NFL, Bama but he did say that he would never coach college again and reaffirmed by saying he wouldn’t coach at all of that were his only option

That might make some good money there
I can't imagine they would hire a guy who was fired from his last college coaching job and had a losing conference record every year he coached.

Said in another thread I think it has to be a high profile NFL guy.

Kirby and Saban might be the only two in college worth a blank check and each of their institutions would match or get close enough that neither would leave.

That leaves only NFL guys.

Interesting...Coordinator or HC?

Most NFL guys don't like college because of the recruiting and bureaucracy.

Regardless, even if you combine the NFL and CFB candidates that can command that kind of money, it's a short list and most of them have better jobs. Maybe not better contracts, but they're all well paid at better more stable institutions.

I just don't think Aggie brass and fans don't fully understand their place and circumstance.

There are 6 guys who can do something in relative short order...none of them are taking the job. So that leaves the next tier of guys who can come in recruit well, win 8-9 games occasionally sneak an upset or two against the big dogs and have a nice 10–11-win season.

Harbaugh, Saban, Kirby, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops

Nobody else is going to amount to more than middle-upper middle tier in this league...especially with conference expansion and more top tier programs coming in.

kirby - not happening
saban - not happening
meyer - hmmmm
kiffin - not 8 digits
Harbaugh - not 8 digits
Day - not happening

Dabo's already getting 11mill l think, so l believe he's out. He may not get 8 digits, but my money would be on Kiffin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT