ADVERTISEMENT

Come on down Big Cliff???

$Z71$

Junior
Nov 14, 2002
Bluegrass State
Take this with a grain of salt but I’ve heard from someone close to the program that Cliff Omoruyi reached out to the UK staff today. Supposedly things may be getting rocky at ASU very soon and he is reevaluating where he wants to play next year. I sure hope this is credible , would be a big pickup for us to add another big for next year. I don’t typically share hearsay but the person who told me this has never steered me wrong in the past. That being said let’s go stomp the Vols tonight!

I really like the kid's game.He's still raw on offense but he has lots of upside and I don't get his love for Arizona State.It's not sounding good for any of the other bigs we are after for next year and we need him.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
If we get him, we will still need a grad transfer big man. He can be a really good player 2-3 years from now, but probably too raw to contribute much (especially offensively) next year

Is EJ definitely turning Pro after the season? If not, do we really need another Big?

Reactions: chroix
Why would he reach out to the staff? He has an offer. They're still recruiting him as far as I know. You make it sound like he reached out to guage our interest.

Is EJ definitely turning Pro after the season? If not, do we really need another Big?
If EJ comes back no but I bet Cal would try to add one more for depth . We went with 4 this year and it worked out minus the 1st AU game where the whole team fouled out it seems lol.

But IF EJ comes back , which I don't think will happen but IF , We would go EJ and Jackson at the 5 Brooks Ware and Fletcher at the 4 Boston and Allen at the 3 and that is your front court.

I have always been of the opinion if we really wanted Cliff then we could get him. It just seems UK has had him on the back burner due to A not know what EJ will do and more important B having much bigger fish in play like Brown, Banchero and cisse . I truly doubt Cliff ever comes here for this reason unless he is willing to wait til May .

Reactions: catben
Why would he reach out to the staff? He has an offer. They're still recruiting him as far as I know.
What I was told is he had planned to commit this month to ASU. Over the weekend he heard from several people ASU is possibly about to get hit by the NCAA and now he is reevaluating where he wants to go. He reached up because he wants to talk to the staff more about the possibility of coming here etc. Recruits are in contact with schools a lot, it’s the reason for reaching out that I found interesting. Makes me feel like we have a much better shot with him than most think.

Why would he reach out to the staff? He has an offer. They're still recruiting him as far as I know. You make it sound like he reached out to guage our interest.
I doubt it is a unconditional offer. Cal is very particular with those. Cliff I suspect has a conditional one . Like if A. and B. happen you have a ride but we need you to wait. Rarely do kids want to admit they aren't the first choice and go somewhere in which they are .

Interesting. Like many have said, I don't expect him to be a contributor right away, but hopefully he can develop into one over his 2-3 years at UK if he comes.

Side note: Just saw he picked up a crystal ball for ASU yesterday. Doesn't mean much, but thought it was interesting.

What I was told is he had planned to commit this month to ASU. Over the weekend he heard from several people ASU is possibly about to get hit by the NCAA and now he is reevaluating where he wants to go. He reached up because he wants to talk to the staff more about the possibility of coming here etc. Recruits are in contact with schools a lot, it’s the reason for reaching out that I found interesting. Makes me feel like we have a much better shot with him than most think.
If there is some fire to this smoke, I'd like to see him at least announce a UK visit soon.

Reactions: Cawood86
Interesting. Like many have said, I don't expect him to be a contributor right away, but hopefully he can develop into one over his 2-3 years at UK if he comes.

Side note: Just saw he picked up a crystal ball for ASU yesterday. Doesn't mean much, but thought it was interesting.
No surprise; most of the recent buzz has been ASU.

its Arizona st or Rutgers. until the kid takes a visit to Kentucky I don't see him a legit threat to come.

Any idea what the NCAA issues are? I don't remember them being tied up in the FBI situation, but I could be forgetting them.

If EJ comes back, all they need to add is one big. They’d already have EJ, Ware and Jackson.

I'm not sure any kids from Roselle Catholic are in the immediate future for UK. Briscoe probably wasn't the happiest player to play and clearly Whitney didn't work out. We definitely need a rim protecting rebounder so I'd be happy to have Cliff, just not optimistic the stars are likely to align for him. I'm also not sure he is being prioritized by the staff.

Reactions: gharding07
I'm not sure any kids from Roselle Catholic are in the immediate future for UK. Briscoe probably wasn't the happiest player to play and clearly Whitney didn't work out. We definitely need a rim protecting rebounder so I'd be happy to have Cliff, just not optimistic the stars are likely to align for him. I'm also not sure he is being prioritized by the staff.
very good point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT